What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

G

91 ppm coming out and 22 ppm going back in. Not much change if any from the day before. Water less pungent though

Tex

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi ppl, I a about to change the water out for the secound time, it is room temp water, the jar has now taken a slight murk in the water, and an unpleasant smell, hard to describe, absouloutley no change in the appearance af the buds, trichomes still in tact.

G

24 ppm coming out so I pulled them cosidering my water going in is 22 ppm.

2 ppm will dry out on the hangers.

Tex

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Have just changed the water agin, this will be the third change. the water was a lot more gloomy this time when i emptied it.How amny more water changes would u think i should do now, change it tomorrow, then the next day when i empty it, dry the buds then??

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Hooked-On-Grown said:
sounding good Tex.... thanks for sacrificing some of your killer buds! :joint:

I am sure they will come out great!! :canabis:

sacrifice?!?!? Your gettin ahead of your self HOG, the sacrificial ritual comes later, after they are dry :)

Lookin good Tex.

Day 3

The dirty water coming out was 352 ppm

The clean water going in is 68 ppm

3032P1010001-med.jpg

3032P1010002-med.jpg

amsterdame

I did my water cure experiment for 3 days with some Bogbubble buds, changing the water twice daily. Hung em to dry in a makeshift cardboard dry box, and man, do they dry fast. Within 48 hours the buds were so dry they were brittle. Smoked up a couple samples. I found the smoke to be a bit smoother, but I didn't notice any difference in the potency.

A*dame

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi, i just changed the water for the 4th time, it was really cloudy this time, i was going to dry it tomorrow after another 24 hours but i will see what the water is like this time round, if still real cloudy the i may give it another day. Still nno real change in the appearance of the buds, maybe a bit darker but theyre wet.

G

Guest 2535

Hey guys.. Thought Id relay my experience:

I had an issue (not grow related - people related) where i HAD to harvest with about 1/2 as much flushing as I needed. I use a bunch of different ferts/additives and many are not organic, so needless to say I had a bunch of harsh ass herb. I read about water curing in Mel Franks book, and saw some posts, so I tried it. Anything is better than lung burn, I thought. It totally saved my harvest. I tried a 2-day cure, then a 7-day cure. On days 2-5 of the 7 day cure, I was getting >1000ppm water out and putting 10ppm in. It was like 1300ppm at its highest, and reaked up my whole kitchen. My affiliate and I joked that we could probably just feed that water to more plants. I thought the cure had leached about everything out when on day 7 I was getting about 100ppm out.

I used Blueberry, White Widow, Bubblegum, and a local heavy indica "mystery" strain. The smoke was definately of a lower calibur than a 30 day air cure (my usual), but only because of the taste. This may have been mostly due to the initial (unflushed) problem. But, the harsh lung and throat burn were 95% gone. And potency was definately not affected, maybe even increased (just due to the loss of material).

This process definately works to fix a unflushed harvest. Im looking forward to reports of the properly flushed water cure herb VS properly flushed air cure herb. Thanks TK.

Well day 4 of the flush got me confused. Every day the ppm of the old water has been going down. Today it went up. It was the highest it has been since the first rinse. 381 ppm coming out this time with 71 ppm going in.

Definately an interesting stench coming off the water. Couple more days and I will put the nugs into my dehydrater for a day to sample them. Should be interesting. I flushed this herb for about a week or so before I put em in this jar. The buds look pretty much the same, only a little darker.

G

Smoked some today and its smooth as hell, way smoother than the other air dried stuff.

I'll post pics and detailed description of findings a little later

Super positive so far though

Tex

G

This is sounding very interesting.
A smoother smoke defiantly has caught my attention..

G

Alright, I have been doin serious research down here in the south. Smokin "water cured" and Standard air dry and jar method.

The water cured is brown in appearence but the bud density and crystals are killer. The leaves have a little color in them but no taste or burn smell at all.

The air dried and jar method one is alot greener, lighter green, more spongy, and a much more pungent aroma. This has been in the jars for 7 days now and is starting to mellow a little but still pretty sharp on the exhale. Grassy smell in nose when exhaled.

The water cured dried in two days after coming out of the water and the other is still drying and curing. the water is definately more smooth on the exhale and I will put it in the jars also and start the jar cure although the taste like they have already been in there for a month.

Both are hard as rocks and potency is on par with each other and even though you soak for 5-6 days it seems to dry out faster in the long run than the air dried.

I'll go smoke some more and come back with more.

No macros yet

Tex

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
quicker drying time ?

quicker drying time ?

So you think it dries faster after soaking Tex ? I think A.Dame thought so too. Is this the case for everyone ? please post your findings... thanks

G

Yes it seems to dry faster after a water cure.

I had two ideas to throw in as variants in this experiment. One, would anyone try soaking an already dry bud (non-cured) to compare? Also, once the buds are done soaking, how would a month long jar cure affect them?

Latest posts

Latest posts