What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WelderDan gets a tent!

WelderDan

Veteran
So I can't run my 1K HPS anymore, the wife has overtaken my grow space and I don't have anyplace I can run and vent that hot SOB.

I got a deal on a cheap tent with a decent LED and carbon filter and fan.

I always did bubble buckets, but I don't want to deal with cooling the buckets in the tent, so I'm going to go organic. I have access to everything I need and have settled on the mix I want.

My question is about location of the fan and filter. I have several options, fan and filter in the tent, filter in the tent and fan outside, fan in the tent and filter outside. Or fan and filter outside the tent.

I'm leaning toward fan and filter in the tent. It uses the least amount of ducting, and has the smallest footprint. Headroom isn't an issue since I plan on doing a scrog.

So what do you experienced tent guys say? What do you reccomend? And why?

Help a brother understand!

Buddler

Veteran
What size tent you got and what size fan and filter ? I run a 4x 8 tent six inch fan and filter usually run inside ..But because i do vertical i stand fan and filter up in corner..With a short run of ducting straight up no bends. i wasnt sure at first but found out works fine this way..Usually i hang from ceiling of tent again short run of ducting.. The negative pressure is great make sure to open your vents haha..

WelderDan

Veteran
Hey Buddler, thanks for dropping by. It's a smallish tent, 32x20x63 with a 4 inch fan. Right now I have both fan and filter hung from the ceiling. Seems to me that would be most efficient as well as quietest way to run it. But that is the reason for this thread - to see if my assumption is correct.

I like the idea of the vert setup too. That would actually work for me too as the tent has a duct vent in the ceiling of the tent. Another setup to consider!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some text might help..

first one a 2x4 tent,fan mounted outside to the wall,knocked together pvc filter holder

second, a 3x3 tent,fan mounted to a thin board then zip tied to the cross bar,bungies for the filter

WelderDan

Veteran
Thanks Unc! Right now I have mine set up like your 2nd pic. Which configuration do you feel works best and which one is the quietest?

WelderDan

Veteran
So which one do you think is more efficient? Or is the difference negligible? If so, I'll just run it they way I have it now. All I have to do is connect the ducting. Filter and fan are already mounted. Insulating the ducting is also a great idea.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Look into AC Infinity inline fans. They make very little noise. If you ran insulated ducting all you would hear is a slight hum from the fan motor.

-Funk

Three Berries

I just bought two AC Infinity fans last fall. If you are using a filter be sure to go the next size up aka 4>6 or 6>8. Without a filter they work well and quiet at half speed.

WelderDan

Veteran
Hey, thanks for the input. I am considering going from 4" to 6" because the smell started to get noticeable the last week of flowering. I think the smaller cannister just isn't quite up to the task, and more airflow is always a good thing

brickweeder

I was running a 4-inch duct (ac infinity inline at #2 flow setting) through a 6-inch filter...worked like a charm...increases the air contact time with the carbon for better adsorption. Also had the carbon filter outside the tent so i could raise the lights higher for them stretchy gals.

Latest posts

Latest posts