What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammers perpetual Grow journal.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On another note. That white truffle is apparently a gorilla butter pheno as you said. Fresh coast seeds, no gorilla butter seeds available but they do have a few gorilla butter crosses. Im interested, 150$ a pack isnt cheap but not insane. I want the clone but nobody in my circle holds it rn :(

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer you ever get any burn from that grow safe? I tried it on a run that was about halfway through flower and noticed some light copper rusty looking burn on a few spots. Nothing major at all. You said you spray it every week on everything? Even stuff in late flower? Ive never seen this in my room and its the only new addition so i feel it must be the grow safe.

Most anything used will burn your plants if the lights are on, growsafe will as well. I apply only if I'm sure the lights are not coming on for 5hrs. Plants need to be dry before lights on.. I do not use growsafe in flower when not needed. Its rarely ever needed. Its easy to tell when it is needed. Its 100% organic food safe ingredients. It can be used at anytime in flower. No need to worry if you do.

Things you must do. Shake the bottle before you measure 20-25mls. Add to your sprayer 1st then add 1g RO. Shack the sprayer good, growsafe needs to be mixed well. If you do not use all of the 1g it must be used in 5 days max. Always shake the sprayer and spray out the length of the hose to waste. Its ready to use again until gone. If the contents of the sprayer are older than 5 days do not use it.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most anything used will burn your plants if the lights are on, growsafe will as well. I apply only if I'm sure the lights are not coming on for 5hrs. Plants need to be dry before lights on.. I do not use growsafe in flower when not needed. Its rarely ever needed. Its easy to tell when it is needed. Its 100% organic food safe ingredients. It can be used at anytime in flower.

Things you must do. Shake the bottle before you measure 20-25mls. Add to your sprayer 1st then add 1g RO. Shack the sprayer good, growsafe is think needs to be mixed well. If you do not use all of the 1g it must be used in 5 days max. Always shack the sprayer and spray out the length of the hose to waste. Its ready to use again until gone. If the contents of the sprayer are older than 5 days do not use it.

I only ever spray lights off with plenty of time for them to dry. I dont necessarily need it, just wanted to throw it into my preventative rotation. I also mix my sprayers and spray through the hose so make sure nothing is in there from previous mixes. I think i did 20ml, its whatever you suggested for a prevention dose. Its interesting as this reaction only seems to have affected two strains, dosidos and one of my own. Next time i use it i think ill try to spray even earlier and leave a few fans on so i know every single bit has dried. Thank you buddy. :tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's fine. There's no issue using in flower at anytime. If your getting burning its something your doing. As you can see I use it all the time. Ive only had 1 issue when I used it with lights on. The last 2 pic I posted got treated 2 weeks ago in flower. I soak my plants good getting both sides of the leaves as much as I can.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's fine. There's no issue using in flower at anytime. If your getting burning its something your doing. As you can see I use it all the time. Ive only had 1 issue when I used it with lights on. The last 2 pic I posted got treated 2 weeks ago in flower. I soak my plants good getting both sides of the leaves as much as I can.

There must have been some residual moisture maybe between leaves or beaded up somewhere i didnt notice. Thanks again brotha:thank you:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can see the hybrid in that OC cross,This pheno is killer. The leaves are a dead giveaway IMO. Growing the OC and the A5hbx x fp separately def helps knowing how those look.

TheDarkStorm

Wow..good work HammerHead...always very frosty plants grown to perfection...you take quite a mean pic aswell...pleasure to see..thanks for sharing your grows with us.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow..good work HammerHead...always very frosty plants grown to perfection...you take quite a mean pic aswell...pleasure to see..thanks for sharing your grows with us.

Thanks, I do try hard to grow well.

FB

picture.php

Fakir710

Wow everything looking superb by there. Does that Vinaigrette really smell like vinegar?

Sticking here.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anytime your asking what terps smell like it can very depending on the person. I think it does.

M

member 505892

Anytime your asking what terps smell like it can very depending on the person. I think it does.

I think most people would get the same prominent smells wouldn't they?

Just all of the background notes are harder to identify and describe, it feels to me....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Just all of the background notes are harder to identify and describe, it feels to me....

Not from what I've seen. Many describe the dominant aroma differently.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

Not from what I've seen. Many describe the dominant aroma differently.

Different people have different abilities of smell, just like when it comes to taste too. Smells and taste will be different from person to person. When smelling different smells from different cannabis plants my nose may or may not detect what the next person detects or doesn't detect. I've had some bud I harvested from a clone some one gave me, other people really liked it and I didn't feel the same.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Surprisingly enough, this really compares to blind tasting wine, which i have a lot of experience with. My detection of apple/pear smells could differ from many. Maybe what I think smells like limestone minerality someone else says chalk. This is especially true of citrus smells. My lemon could translate more as lime or orange rind to you on an albariño, my pear description might be more like spiced apple to you on pinot grigio. I have conducted a few blind tastings with bud and peoples descriptions are all over the place. Its fascinating to me.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That is super interesting, how subjective the terpenes and esters really are. Having friends describe their experiences with my flower or hash, blows my mind sometimes. Sometimes they unlock a back note that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but totally miss what I thought were the "in your face" up front terps. There's something different in there for everyone to love or hate :) very complex, like a skeleton key of sorts.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is super interesting, how subjective the terpenes and esters really are. Having friends describe their experiences with my flower or hash, blows my mind sometimes. Sometimes they unlock a back note that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but totally miss what I thought were the "in your face" up front terps. There's something different in there for everyone to love or hate :) very complex, like a skeleton key of sorts.

If the “sommelier of wine” ever became a thing i would be running full sprint to fill that position. Id love to train people on a cannabis tasting curriculum. With wine, there is a blind tasting “grid” that could be altered or even just used to deduce smells and flavors in cannabis. Imagine this, you sit down with three different strains in front of you and you dont know what they are. You have to describe the

Sight:

Indoor/outdoor: pick one
Colors: green/purple/pink/red/black/orange/

Nose:

Fruit: citrus/stone/tree fruit/berries/tropical
Fruit Condition: fresh/oxidized/baked/tart/rotting
Nonfruit: butter/candy/herbal
Inorganic earth: mineral/rocks
Earth: soil/clay/forest floor etc

Taste:

Basically all the same as nose but does it translate to the palate or do you notice differences

This process essentially forces one to take a sophisticated look at every sample and you can even score it. Im sure people are already doing this, I just wonder to what extent. This type of thing gets me going hah.

Latest posts

Latest posts