What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phosphate solubilizing bacteria (PSB)

Azeotrope

Veteran
If seen/heard Colin on a bunch of podcasts. He's been on Dude Grows Show several times.
Seems like a smart dude, with a passion for the plant

He seems like a dude that is marketing hyped up bottled and massivey overpriced snake oil. No different that AN....

MindEater

I have some Mammoth P rolling papers. They smell like crab meal. I guess they are "bioaccumulators". Marketing at its finest! When the person you bought amendments from doesn't have common sense.. I guess it's the thought that counts..

h.h.

Veteran
I have some Mammoth P rolling papers. They smell like crab meal. I guess they are "bioaccumulators". Marketing at its finest! When the person you bought amendments from doesn't have common sense.. I guess it's the thought that counts..

EZ wider is now Keurig. Went from fucking up your joints to fucking up your coffee.

Rico Swazi

Yeah I guess that's what I read about cultivating in a tea.
Anyone seen scientists about mammoth P in the media itself?

The patent makes mention of anaerobic and aerobic propagation methods but reading tween the lines says fermenting for 3 days may be your best bet. Wish I had and could use a microscope correctly. Good luck and let us know what you find.

In one aspect, the composition is fermented to produce a fermentation product. The composition may be fermented for about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, or more days. Preferably, the composition is fermented for at least about one to about 5 days. More preferably, the composition is fermented for at least 3 days.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US9868675B2/en

Rico Swazi

I am skeptical the microbes are actually doing all the work when additives and inorganic salts are being used, (why the added phosphorous ?)

same with inorganic salts

The compositions may also include additives. Suitable additives include substances known in the art that may support growth, production of specific metabolites by the microorganism, alter pH, enrich for target metabolites, enhance insecticidal effects, and combinations thereof. Exemplary additives include carbon sources, nitrogen sources, phosphorous sources, inorganic salt, organic acid, growth media, vitamins, minerals, acetic acid, amino acids and the like.

Examples of suitable inorganic salts include, without limitation
, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, dipotassium hydrogen phosphate, disodium hydrogen phosphate, magnesium sulfate, magnesium chloride, ferric sulfate, ferrous sulfate, ferric chloride, ferrous chloride, manganous sulfate, manganous chloride, zinc sulfate, zinc chloride, cupric sulfate, calcium chloride, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, sodium carbonate, and combinations thereof.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US9868675B2/en

Rico Swazi

The only people needing to add 'more myco' are the ones over fertilizing their plants According to that smart dude Colin
Soil microbes are ubiquitous, meaning they are abundant in most terrestrial environments. For example, more microbes can be found in one gram of soil than there are people on the Earth! This is important because these tiny soil microbes play a huge role in supporting plant growth.

Furthermore, environmental conditions such as moisture, soil pH, and cation exchange capacity can have a strong influence on AM fungal colonization with plants. For example, many studies have shown that AM fungal hyphal growth significantly declines in fertilized soils that have higher levels of nutrients. Likewise, research has shown that practices such as reduced tillage and lower fertilizer usage will optimize the establishment of AM fungal colonization with host plants.
https://mammothmicrobes.com/portfolio/using-beneficial-soil-microbes-to-improve-plant-growth/

Little bit of truth and boatload of hype = Kaching!

Vandenberg

Bubbler up on this :)

Bubbler up on this :)

How to maximize your Mammoth P application
From the" kis Organics" website linked earlier in thread.
******* "" *********** "" ******** "" ******
Historically I have discouraged people from using specific microbial inoculants when growing, as many of these microorganisms can be found in greater concentrations and diversity in a properly made aerated compost tea (ACT).
In fact, many of the "instant compost tea" or "microbes in a bottle" products I've looked at under the microscope over the past 10 years tend to be dead or completely dormant.

When I met Colin, the founder of Mammoth P, at Cannacon I was initially quite skeptical.
However, he was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction and got me interested in the possibility of adding specific p-solubilizing bacteria as a way of increasing plant growth and health.
I saw some independent positive trials on the product, but saw cost as a big obstacle still.
That got me curious....is there a way I could replicate some of these microorganisms as a way of making the product got a bit further per application?

See the video below for a further explanation of my experiment:
https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/news/how-to-maximize-your-mammoth-p-application

In my experiment, I setup 3 different tests with the compost tea brewer:

1. Mammoth P + distilled water

2. Mammoth P + distilled water + unsulfured blackstrap molasses

3. Mammoth P + distilled water + organic alfalfa meal

4. Mammoth P + distilled water + KIS Organic Microbe Catalyst (what we use as a food source in our compost tea brews)

In conclusion, it appears promising that you could increase the biology in Mammoth P by adding a food source and brewing it similar to an aerated compost tea over a period of 24 hours.
This experiment bears repeating by others with microscopes, but I'm hopeful that some growers will also attempt plant trials in this fashion as a way of incorporating Mammoth P into their gardening regimen where it may have been unaffordable before.

NOTE: It's important to keep in mind that I did not test to confirm that the particular species of bacteria that Growcentia claims on their product label were increased.
Instead, I just looked at the product out of the bottle with no other microbial inputs and attempted to determine if the morphology (shape) of the microorganisms were consistent across all samples as the biomass increased over time and with an added food source.
****** "" ******* "" ********* "" ******

Vandenberg :)

Latest posts

Latest posts