What's new

Barn Buildout

Fixer

I’ve got the room running hotter now with the LEDs about 80 degrees , (Been reading room Should be kept warmer with LEDS) and humidity set at 50% now .

What you guys think of 80 degrees and 50% humidity?

I've had perpetual foxtailing issues so I've reduced the temp from 80F to 74F and been keeping the RH at 60% You have low RH issues don't you?

gsxr97

Veteran
I was having high humidity issues in this new room . With lights on it Was sitting at close to 80%. Got duehumifer hooked up and now it’s at 45-55% at the moment .

gsxr97

Veteran
1/4 open lines , all the same length tubing.

Took clones tonight and got a 4x8 tent going for vegging

Attachments

• 65C28F66-2EB3-465D-8B3A-2577E39E7F76.jpg
    65C28F66-2EB3-465D-8B3A-2577E39E7F76.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 38
  • A7CD4AB0-D74D-4F68-AAC0-A2AED118113A.jpg
    A7CD4AB0-D74D-4F68-AAC0-A2AED118113A.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4EAB3380-C8DC-4906-AF5B-6F0E9ECE25CB.jpg
    4EAB3380-C8DC-4906-AF5B-6F0E9ECE25CB.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 39

DunHav`nFun

Wanted to stop in and give credit where it`s due .....Lotta work in a buildout huh bro ?......looks like the worst is behind you , so moving forward toward dialage is always a good thingy......now.....lil advice from an old head retired from croppin hard well over 20 yrs in the Hell of the Dirty South where RH stays in the 80-90 percentile 24/7/365.....so......

I learned from a Krazy ass Kanadian Klown from the greenhouse industry up there that 70% RH throughout the complete life of the grow created optimum conditions for outrageous growth and swellage , but most of the growers except me were experiencing PM and even Botyritis/Budrot in late flower , so the norm became 70% RH till end of stretch in flower and then as close to 50% and below till end of cycle fixed all the problems as long as there was adequate airflow and or room air exchange if possible .......that said.....

Once I saw how healthy his plants were with colas the size of 3 liter coke bottles , I immediately took heed and jumped on board from the beginning.....There`s a sticky thread in Coco by Don Juan Matuus/DJM about growin big plants , and the usage of increased relative humidity was proven in his setup due to being in Colorado in arrid mountainous LOW RH conditions yr round , but the facts hold true wherever you are ......

There`s also a VPD/vapor pressure deficit chart around here somewhere that dictates elevated RH levels with elevated temps increases plant metabolism and they can explode if given the opportunity to do so in a perfect environment with proper watts per sq ft....... my only X factor these days is the comparison from 50 watts per sq ft being optimum with HID lighting , compared to the new LED`s that function more off those ppfd`s , umol`s and Daily Light Integrals , so time will tell what growers end up stating for actual optimum wattage from the new units with the far red chips they`ve added......anyways....

Hope you get settled in and start pumpin out the dank with no hiccups , just remember you can`t get enough airflow with your plants , just not directly blowing on em.....Makes em transpire too much and increases nutrient uptake that`ll cause lockouts and imbalances down the road guaranteed.....Underneath , around , and above will be the perfect equation for air movement in your room to prevent airborn nasties from proliferating in bigger areas.....and lastly.....

80 degrees and 80% RH will root your cuts faster and stronger with higher degrees of success in the future , and use low light like 40 watt shoplites in the 5-6500 K range , and the low light will let the cuts make roots instead of spittin foliage , and that`s why older growers always snipped fan leaves in 1/2 to impede leaf growth while roots pop out beneath.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....just wanted to show respect for the hard work I know so well it takes to put shit together and make it work.....

Holler if I can ever help......Don`t post like I used to , but I`m around so.....Take care and ......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ......

gsxr97

Veteran
I’ll get the humidity raised up dhf, thanks !

I actually never built out the barn .... life got in the way .

Instead I’m buying a 40ft High cube . Going to use it now for outdoor harvest . I need space desperately to hang and process .
Good problem to have .

Once this years outdoor is handled the 40ft will become my grow rooms . Still have my new 18k mini split. Plan to insulate well . And have a flower area , veg area , and harvest/drying area .

Thanks for all the tips , keep them coming I can use all the help I can get . :bow:

Wanted to stop in and give credit where it`s due .....Lotta work in a buildout huh bro ?......looks like the worst is behind you , so moving forward toward dialage is always a good thingy......now.....lil advice from an old head retired from croppin hard well over 20 yrs in the Hell of the Dirty South where RH stays in the 80-90 percentile 24/7/365.....so......

I learned from a Krazy ass Kanadian Klown from the greenhouse industry up there that 70% RH throughout the complete life of the grow created optimum conditions for outrageous growth and swellage , but most of the growers except me were experiencing PM and even Botyritis/Budrot in late flower , so the norm became 70% RH till end of stretch in flower and then as close to 50% and below till end of cycle fixed all the problems as long as there was adequate airflow and or room air exchange if possible .......that said.....

Once I saw how healthy his plants were with colas the size of 3 liter coke bottles , I immediately took heed and jumped on board from the beginning.....There`s a sticky thread in Coco by Don Juan Matuus/DJM about growin big plants , and the usage of increased relative humidity was proven in his setup due to being in Colorado in arrid mountainous LOW RH conditions yr round , but the facts hold true wherever you are ......

There`s also a VPD/vapor pressure deficit chart around here somewhere that dictates elevated RH levels with elevated temps increases plant metabolism and they can explode if given the opportunity to do so in a perfect environment with proper watts per sq ft....... my only X factor these days is the comparison from 50 watts per sq ft being optimum with HID lighting , compared to the new LED`s that function more off those ppfd`s , umol`s and Daily Light Integrals , so time will tell what growers end up stating for actual optimum wattage from the new units with the far red chips they`ve added......anyways....

Hope you get settled in and start pumpin out the dank with no hiccups , just remember you can`t get enough airflow with your plants , just not directly blowing on em.....Makes em transpire too much and increases nutrient uptake that`ll cause lockouts and imbalances down the road guaranteed.....Underneath , around , and above will be the perfect equation for air movement in your room to prevent airborn nasties from proliferating in bigger areas.....and lastly.....

80 degrees and 80% RH will root your cuts faster and stronger with higher degrees of success in the future , and use low light like 40 watt shoplites in the 5-6500 K range , and the low light will let the cuts make roots instead of spittin foliage , and that`s why older growers always snipped fan leaves in 1/2 to impede leaf growth while roots pop out beneath.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....just wanted to show respect for the hard work I know so well it takes to put shit together and make it work.....

Holler if I can ever help......Don`t post like I used to , but I`m around so.....Take care and ......

Fixer

That;s why I come here. Awesome people willing to help! :bow:

Latest posts

Latest posts