What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How would you cool this room? I need to step up my HVAC

Hey Fixer, Yeah if the shed wasn't already well insulated and finished with drywall, I would definitely have put some insulation up, fortunately it's already well insulated.

Gry

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=95491

This or enhanced venting with day for night would seem to be what remains.
The difference between the unit on wheels that unit you have and a boxed in window banger is

massive. Best luck with which ever you select.
Been a neat thread to watch.
Please let the thread know which way you select .

Thanks for the link Gry, at the moment I switched my lights to 9p-9a from 7p-7a, I still need to move my veg tent to 18/6 from 24h but that's planned tomorrow. I'm running the shitty floor ac at 78 and that's holding decentlyish with the wye venting both tents straight out, it's gotten a lot better but I think I'm going to have more decisions to make when it really heats up. Easier to convince the wife to buy the big AC unit when she's sweating trimming :kissgrin:haha

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks for the link Gry, at the moment I switched my lights to 9p-9a from 7p-7a, I still need to move my veg tent to 18/6 from 24h but that's planned tomorrow. I'm running the shitty floor ac at 78 and that's holding decentlyish with the wye venting both tents straight out, it's gotten a lot better but I think I'm going to have more decisions to make when it really heats up. Easier to convince the wife to buy the big AC unit when she's sweating trimming :kissgrin:haha

lol, that's a nice reason.

Fixer

Funny!

Speak of the devil, my current 8k Danby portable just started making a terrible sound from the fan motor/bearing. looking at window units now, does anyone happen to know if the inexpensive non digital ones will function with an inkbird controller? decisions decisions...

OK, so I slammed a 5k in the window last night, seems to be handling the heat way better than I expected, and no negative pressure on the door when I walk into the shed, so nice, it was like pulling against a tornado!

Does anyone know what CO2 deficiency looks like, so I can be on the lookout? Really sparse info out there.

Fixer

OK, so I slammed a 5k in the window last night, seems to be handling the heat way better than I expected, and no negative pressure on the door when I walk into the shed, so nice, it was like pulling against a tornado!

Does anyone know what CO2 deficiency looks like, so I can be on the lookout? Really sparse info out there.

I think you'd just have anemic growth with no particular signs of "deficiency." I wouldn't worry about a lack of CO2 unless you've got that shed buttoned up like a refrigerator. In a structure you have a column of air with a temp gradient increasing from floor to ceiling. As the heat rises pressure builds up at the top of the column where the pressure forces air out of the envelope. At the bottom you have negative pressure where air infiltrates the envelope. Unless you when to extraordinary lengths to air seal your shed you'll be fine.

Alright, thanks for assuaging my fears, Fixer. There's a large crack in the door to the shed that is the bane of my existence regarding bug infiltration but seems like it's my friend in this instance. I have an inkbird on the way to control the ac unit, I want that digital precision.

...I wouldn't worry about a lack of CO2...
You were right Fixer, things are looking real nice in the shed right now.

Attachments

• icmagfixerpicture.jpg
    icmagfixerpicture.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36