What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruity Pebbles OG.

mack 10

Veteran
That's exactly what i thought when i saw your pics in the jaw's thread.
i have not found the Cereal pheno, yet but the skunky one is pretty funky.
it still has that fresh bowl of fruit smell blended with that lemon hand/floor cleaner an gas.
more on the sour fruit end.
cant wait for number 2 to get dry'ed and cured.

whats the name of that hand cleaner you degrease your hands with
I used to use it at work all the time, kind of red/orange gel.
the smell is dead on.

eyesdownchronic

yeah, im curious to see how the dried buds off the cereal pheno smell. In veg, stem rub was skunky with background fruity milk. In early flower it turned into heavy cereal. We'll see where it goes.

also, worth noting that my (GDP x Green ribbon) leaning male has the exact same structure as the cereal pheno but without the cereal smell, skuny instead. looks like the shorter stockier ones are the "cereal" and the lankier ones are tahoe alien leaners.

Last edited:

TexanTerps

I purchased some flower in 2003 or 04 that was called fruity pebbles. It was full of rock hard golden nugs that smellled exactly like the cereal. I wonder if someone just named it after the fact and it was just some GDP? Looks like FPOG wasnt around yet, these buds were unlike OG.

JetLife175

Veteran
I purchased some flower in 2003 or 04 that was called fruity pebbles. It was full of rock hard golden nugs that smellled exactly like the cereal. I wonder if someone just named it after the fact and it was just some GDP? Looks like FPOG wasnt around yet, these buds were unlike OG.

We may have had the same thing.

Was there any purple in the bud iat all?

My bags came from NorCal. If you are in Texas I would assume you got something from up north as well.

eyesdownchronic

Family shot ~28 days, coming in thick and frosty quick.

picture.php

#5 biggest tahoe alien leaner

picture.php

#8 (cereal) coming in slowly now about the same height as the 5

picture.php

close up of the #4, this one is smallest but may be the frostiest. smells like a limeade slurpee.
picture.php

everybody together (one of them is a little different)

#6, #5, #8, #4 from left in clockwise order

picture.php

quiescent

We may have had the same thing.

Was there any purple in the bud iat all?

My bags came from NorCal. If you are in Texas I would assume you got something from up north as well.

Curious if you guys had discussed this.

We had a batch of nugs in the fall of 06 and 07 that was called fruity pebbles roll though the midwest. I posted pics of it on TokeCity back in the day and had multiple people in neighboring states say it landed there too.

It was super dense, semi-compressed. Golden, super caked in frost with hints of purple, red, orange and varying shades of green. It tasted exactly like fruity pebbles, a couple hits would set you right, gave a pretty clear high body that lasted legit 3 hours... great video game weed. Left the room smelling like you sprayed a whole can of fruity pebbles air freshener.

I've grown some FPOG hybrids that reminded me of some qualities of the fruity pebbles but nothing that reached out to me. I've smoked the cereal pheno and it was aesthetically very similar, smelled similar and tasted similar but definitely wasn't the same thing, environment and methodology be damned.

I've also grown some green ribbon bx crosses from exotic and I can totally see the cereal pheno could being whatever was getting pumped out east crossed to an OG but I'd bet it had the green ribbon in it in 06-07 IMO.

mack 10

Veteran
Here's the smoke report..
Umm ummm. lol.
She gives Nice nuggets of frost but must be slightly dialed to get the full potential.
On the 2nd and 3rd run the quality went way up.
It just shows how you cannot judge a strain from one grow. I would not of kept either pheno from the first run. (All my fault. Vegged way to much)

One pheno has an almost sherbet lemon taste and smell. (Blended with a skunky backend)
You get that same fizzy lemony taste from a half sucked sherbet lemon mixed with a funky OG.
(Anyone in the uk will know the sherbet lemon sweets )
Covered in resin so makes good hash strain for sifters. Has a nice balanced body/head high and has pleased everyone who has tried it.
One guy phoned me back to rave about it so,
I'd say MedMan did a good job on these.
If you get the chance, grow some.
I think this is known as the lemonade pheno ?
Still searching for that Cereal pheno.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
No disrespect to the OP, or anyone else on here,

But if someone offered to sell me a bag and said it was called Fruity Pebbles, I'd immediately ask for a $50 discount off his asking price...:D

quiescent

TexanTerps JetLife175
My gdp hunch might be true, probably lacked the green ribbon.
I was listening to a show on future cannabis project where a guy mentioned having a cut of gdp called the fruity pebbles cut. Knowing what to look for is half the battle. I know it's not what goes around as Ken's cut. I grew that a couple times, it was nice but very slow in veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts