What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Does anyone have any experience moving potted plants from one latitude to another? It's only 1.7 or so degrees of latitude. It should be at the end of veg.

I was thinking cuts might work better? Not sure that makes any sense though.

PS: Headed north.

2 degrees isn't much. I wouldn't worry about it.

I know it's been asked a bunch of times, but I forget what the general consensus is for my area.....

How early can I start seeds outdoors with out having to worry about early flowering?

I'm around nor-cal, east of the SF bay out in the valley.

I have no lights to work with so I have to start outdoors.

Is April 1st still a bit too early? Maybe around bicycle day/4-20? May 1st?...?..

Are you growing in your yard or in the wild. I'm not sure what it is at your lat. But if you're in your yard, put a light on her for an hour in the night and she won't flower. A simple outdoor household flood light will do.

yardgrazer

Thanks! I reckoned, but I'm a total newb when it comes to outdoor.

Getting very excited to start some seeds, thinking perhaps it makes some sense to hold off a bit, because of potentially needing to move the plants (I was hoping to get through harvest here, but that seems increasingly unlikely). My only problem at the moment is I want to start more varieties than I should. What a problem to have!

St. Phatty

I know it's been asked a bunch of times, but I forget what the general consensus is for my area.....

How early can I start seeds outdoors with out having to worry about early flowering?

I'm around nor-cal, east of the SF bay out in the valley.

I have no lights to work with so I have to start outdoors.

Is April 1st still a bit too early? Maybe around bicycle day/4-20? May 1st?...?..

It depends on the plant. I'm at 42 North. I've started batches of seedlings and had some revert to veg, from flowering - maybe the opposite of your concern.

I'm doing an early spring crop, AND getting some plants started for the summer.

Sunshineinabag

Is there anyway to guerilla grow near like a public park? folks are so lazy and starring at devices nowadays ...i wonder if we could do an outdoor challenge this yr to see who can get away with the stealthiest grow in an urban area.....

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Is there anyway to guerilla grow near like a public park? folks are so lazy and starring at devices nowadays ...i wonder if we could do an outdoor challenge this yr to see who can get away with the stealthiest grow in an urban area.....

Yeah yeah... PDX Dopesmoker is the king. Lol

He was at it all last summer.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8644998&postcount=723

In 2018 I swapped a tomato plant for one if my NL autos (the big ones) at a local nursery. I even pulled a bar code off another plant so it would scan "Tomato" Some old man grew a weed plant before it was legal. :D

Sunshineinabag

i love the way you gents think, happy monday....50 degrees in the morning guys! IN BURLINGTON no less! spring has sprung.

gp7zx69

Veteran
spring hasn't quite sprung here on the west coast of Newfoundland, but the rocks are starting to appear on the hills, and i got some seeds from the spring sales starting to pop up here and there, so if summer does get here i'll post up some pics of actual plants. but that may be awhile yet...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

All five pics were beautiful..............and i was raised ski-doo! Got a pack of paradise jacky white from T N S love those guys. That auto SSh has my ears perkdd up

PDX Dopesmoker

The 40 seeds I floated a week ago were left to float for a few days until the first ones started to show tails, I planted those and put the rest in a wet paper towel and have been planting the rest every day as the seeds crack, today I planted the 40th of them, but apparently I counted out 41 so theres still one left in the paper towel. The first few have now started to emerge from the soil.
lcEeCbI.jpg

mRBF950.jpg

This one is keeping its protective gear on for a while
EKhqrii.jpg

gorilla ganja

If it helps, last year I started my Friesland Indica and Triple Pakistan seeds on May 28th then transplanted them in the forest on June 16th. :tiphat:

Hey Trout, How did the Friesland finish for you? Did you get them from R.S.C? What lat approx. are you?

Peace GG

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Take 5 of those beans and put them a couple miles away from your sensi crop. End of season, go back and collect your F2s. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts