What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali mist or c99 auto

JimMuscles

So they started very squat with wide leaves. They stretched not much, but the structure is more open than how they were. Just starting flowering now. This is the kalis mistery auto.

teide

Veteran
Nice. Are leaves thinning out a bit as well? I hope sativa leaves and buds are prominent in this strain. I have two auto kali's mistery that broke soil yesterday. Saving my last three for later. You seem 1,5 months ahead of me. Flowering start seems on par with breeder description. I hope this is a good auto representation of kali mist. Breeder description says typical kali mist foxtails. I really wish to see that. Frankincense aroma and spicyness would be nice, too. I am however sceptical. I won't be surprised if phenos turn out mostly indica/rudy. Who knows how much effort has been put into selection and backcrossing. Time will tell, I guess. Good luck on your grow, keep us updated!

JimMuscles

Nice. Are leaves thinning out a bit as well? I hope sativa leaves and buds are prominent in this strain. I have two auto kali's mistery that broke soil yesterday. Saving my last three for later. You seem 1,5 months ahead of me. Flowering start seems on par with breeder description. I hope this is a good auto representation of kali mist. Breeder description says typical kali mist foxtails. I really wish to see that. Frankincense aroma and spicyness would be nice, too. I am however sceptical. I won't be surprised if phenos turn out mostly indica/rudy. Who knows how much effort has been put into selection and backcrossing. Time will tell, I guess. Good luck on your grow, keep us updated!

Yeah the leaves are thinning out a bit. It's also pretty branchy.

It's looking pretty good, i would keep the faith. Oh yeah, early on the leaves were a little bit discolored, with different shades of green going on. I don't think there was anything going on with the nutrients, just some weird colors. That went away though. Just a heads up. If you go onto bulk seeds actual website, they have pictures of dried buds from all of their strains. Here's the page ://bulkseedbank.org/cannabis-seeds/autoflowering-seeds/auto-kalis-mistery/

teide

Veteran
Here's mine outdoors. Just starting to show preflowers. Really sceptical of it finishing on time.

picture.php

teide

Veteran
It will be eight weeks old in two days. Not looking good. Should be flowering by now.. Does it look like yours, jimMuscles?
Does it look any thing like kali mist to you guys?
picture.php

Auto Kali's Mistery

bibi40

Does it look like yours, jimMuscles?
Does it look any thing like kali mist to you guys?
View Image
Auto Kali's Mistery

for my little experience with this strain ( 3 plants grow in 2000 from serious seeds , 2 male - 1 female which was a keeper for 2 years) ,
just no ,
kalimist may produce a lot of side branching ...
and a more sativa expression .
but curious to see the buds ,
perhaps the grow is different with those ,
true kali show really huge calyx ( like pea ) in late flowering .
i' m not an expert about her grow , but about her smoke yes ,
a lot of at Dampkring coffee in late 90's .

Hope you the best with those an really curious about :tiphat:

teide

Veteran
Thanks for the feedback, bibi40!

I suspect the breeders just did one cross and then bred to f3 without much selection. I might cross this auto with Western winds down the line, (I have 500 seeds of ww..) to see if this might improve it.
I am curious to why it hasn't really started flowering yet. Maybe they haven't selected well and photo phenos still pop up, maybe it is just a slow starter. Any way, it's probably not fair to judge already, I have only germed two seeds. The other auto is a bit smaller yet, and it hasn't even started flowering, after eight weeks.. I will wait some more before concluding.

JimMuscles

Hey there teide. I cropped my shorter flowering auto kalis mist a few days ago. The buds look like hybrid. The yield was medium, with very frosty buds. Ill post pictures later. They were grown in very humid, hot conditions. I had no mold.

The longer flowering one does indeed have an open, foxtaily sativa structure to the buds. Im still waiting for her to be 100% ripe.

As far as your plants, i think they are not reaching their potential. Whether flowering or not, they should be much bigger after 8 weeks. They look to be about 2-3 weeks old. So something in the environment is holding them back. That is why they haven't started flowering. You probably wont yield much from them, but it cant hurt to just let them do their thing, unless you want to focus on growing new plants from seed.

teide

Veteran
Thanks, JimMuscles.
Good to know that it's not necessarily the genetics. Looking forward to seeing your plants for comparison and reassurement. I don't know know exactly what the environmental factors would be, but I am at 60N..

JimMuscles

I already cut down one of my plants, but I'll make sure to take a picture of the one that's still alive.

I would say it's probably something about the soil. is it normally soil that grows good plants? Also, what are the temperatures at, and how much sun do they get?

teide

Veteran
These are very nice. Very nice.
The leaves are long and thin, quite impressive size of the plant, and the buds are abundant.
It looks branchy as well. They have done a good job of turning kali mist into an auto. And you have done a good job of making it reach its full potential! Looks nothing like mine! Shane on me for suggesting possibly poor breed work from the seedbank. I would be thrilled to get such a sativa leaning auto.

JimMuscles

Flattery will get you nowhere haha no, thank you, really. i will try and post better pictures later. The plant is nice and sativa leaning. just so you know the plant next to it was the other kalis mistery, but i only left a few buds on it, which i will harvest later.

Good luck with your grow!