What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Oh no, most of it is fine I would hope. If it looks good, it is good. Nothing is mould free, even your next breath. Chop out what looks bad, and the next bit in contact for good measure. Entirely separate buds should be fine.
I imagine you are into 'Fall' and so the streets are full of decaying leaves. Covered in mould that travels in the air. Everything everywhere is dusted in the stuff. We can only limit our exposure. We have to accept some, and our only gauge is how it looks and smells. The buds in contact with the mouldy looking ones will have a fusty smell that tells of mould we can't see yet. Its why we chop out the bad, and maybe 40mm each side of it. Or just chuck the entire bud if you can afford to. Not the entire plant though, unless it's plagued with the stuff.

Edit: 10% h2o2 is classed as a herbicide. I don't think your dunking treatments are going to be effective

PCBuds

OK thanks.

I went through the main cola and bent all the buds down and opened them up to inspect it.

I found 4-5 moldy spots and pulled that off.

It's not really that bad.

I couldn't smell the mold though, the weed smell is too overpowering.

I decided not to dunk the rest of my plant, figuring that I want to see the fuzz of the mold which washing might remove.

I'll let it dry for a day or two then go through each bud and inspect it.

It's all hanging in the closet now and I turned the lights on 24/7 to keep the closet warm and dry.

20211014_132913.jpg

20211014_132838.jpg

I'll give it a few days to dry in the closet, then hang it up outside of the closet for the remainder of the ten days or so before I trim it and jar it.

I'll start a new seed when I empty the closet.

PCBuds

I trimmed and jarred everything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211015_175754.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	17967481

I put the main cola in a separate jar.
It was kinda brown and really quite dry, maybe too dry to cure?
It's only been 2 days, but it seemed really brittle.
It weighed 42.2 grams.

The rest of the plant was still kinda wet, but the outer leaves were brittle as well.
I ended up throwing out 2 huge buds that were moldy, as well as a couple of smaller ones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211015_182659.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.2 KB ID:	17967482

(I pulled it out of the garbage for the picture, so there's lots of cat furr on it.)

I ended up with 143.1 grams from the second half of the plant, but there is a lot of water weight in it.

Both jars have lots of Boveda packs in them, so I don't have to worry about burping or mold. (hopefully?)

I ended up with quite a bit more than I was expecting and I'm sure I would have been over 200 grams including the buds that I had to throw out. (But I have no idea how much the water weighs?)

I'll keep an eye on the big jar and if the humidity shoots up I'll dump the buds out to dry some more.

Now I'm going to start another seed and remove the stalk from my planter and get ready for my next plant.

PCBuds

Bummer about the mold. Hope she's fire though. Grats, and good luck on your next round :party:

It's really sticky and smells great.

I should do better with my next plant.
I know what to do with my lighting now, and we're into fall now so it's cooler and drier now.

PCBuds

Good luck man! Hope your harvest dries well!

The RH shot up to 70% in the jar, so I rigged up a drier of sorts using piece of window screen and a storage container.

I did only let dry in the closet for one day so I guess it was way too wet for the Bodeva packs to deal with.

I'll let it dry for at least a week and keep an eye on the RH in the house.

It's not drying in the closet, so I can get started on my next plant.

20211016_062221.jpg

PCBuds

Good luck with salvaging the previous one. What's the new plant? Is it one from ReikoX?

Thanks alice :thank you:

The new plant is one of ReikoX's second batch of seeds that he sent me...

" The new seeds I sent are a collaborative effort with my buddy Mr.Sparkle over at overgrow.com. They are Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil. The Poisoned rose is a cross I made of Red Poison (Sweet Seeds) x Sugar Black Rose (Delicious Seeds). The Cookie Devil is a cross Mr.Sparkle made of Girl Scout Cookies (Fastbuds) x Dark Devil (Sweet Seeds) F2. "

This will be the second time that I'm trying one of these seeds.

The first time, I had a rather small plant, but I had too much light at the start and I think that was what kept her so small.
I did get 109 grams off of it though.

Now I've figured out what I need to do with my lighting to get a bigger plant.

PCBuds

I ended up with 143.1 grams from the second half of the plant, but there is a lot of water weight in it.

I was just talking to a freind who said that he harvested 1 1/2 pounds and expects 1/2 a pound dry.

I had no idea that freshly cut buds were around 2/3rds water.

I was thinking around 10% water.
This is the first time that I weighed my buds before they where dried.

That would mean I may only have around 50 grams when it's dry.

We'll see..

Thanks exploziv. :thank you:

I don't know what a port-joint is, but I think that I know what you mean.

Either a port for a joint, or a portly joint, or both.

So I rolled up a portly joint and it wouldn't fit.
So I drilled out my joint-port to make it into a portly joint-port.

​​​​​​​

These guys use filters, or a reg. Maybe tape the end over; but not near the hot!

blunh-2-.jpg

PCBuds

These guys use filters, or a reg. Maybe tape the end over; but not near the hot!

Well if that's a port joint, then I had it all wrong.

I wouldn't want to fill my hollow stalk with weed and smoke the whole thing, and I really don't want to smoke the stalk itself.

It would choke me out and it won't get me stoned. Lol

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
From wet to dry, people nearly always say 80% was water.
Over and over, I see 90% losses. So I would be expecting half ounce from that 143, but most would expect an ounce.

Edit: Them spliffs man. They are making me want one. I can taste them from here.

PCBuds

From wet to dry, people nearly always say 80% was water.
Over and over, I see 90% losses. So I would be expecting half ounce from that 143, but most would expect an ounce.

My buds dried out for a day in the closet at 95°F and 30% humidity.

I'm guessing that I will lose no more than 40%. (50% max.) lol

​​​We'll see what happens.

I'm still going to end up with a big pile of weed. Lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211016_062221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	17968322

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211016_202822.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	17968324

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211016_202822.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	17968324

Edit: Them spliffs man. They are making me want one. I can taste them from here.

Spliffs as I remember them from the 70's and 80's, were a mix of 50/50 tobacco and weed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211016_204248.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	17968325

I remember buying hash or oil and spreading it on a rolling paper and filling it with tobacco from a cigarette.
We called them spliffs.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Might be two there.
I weigh mine straight from the plant and get repeatable results. I have never figured how almost everyone else gets double. You seem to be going even higher.
It amazes me just how much they shrink in 24 hours. Making the time of weighing, and the photo being taken, big influences.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
That weed in the spliffs pictured looks too wet to me.
Also, by port-joint i meant the thing you put your joint in when smoking. Similar to how ladies and gents from the past would use one for their cigarettes. To cool the smoke, maybe clean it a bit too, and also to limit smelling in hand and clothes.
I did that at least once with hollow cannabis stems.

PCBuds

Also, by port-joint i meant the thing you put your joint in when smoking.

I thought that's what you meant.
I haven't smoked an actual joint in years.
I use my vaporizer pipe, but I kept the port-joint.
I guess that I should try it at some point, but joints tend to choke me out pretty bad.

Latest posts

Latest posts