What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

Swanson

Looking good! Tight nodes like that are desirable from a yield stand point, a plus for small spaces and a sign it is getting adequate light.

PCBuds

Six weeks from seedling and she's looking pretty good.

I'm going to flip it to 12/12 in one week.

PCBuds

Ha! Is that the same plant from that spindly sprout in the clear glass? Good stuff!

It looks good, now!!

I remember now that I planted the sprouted white widow seed directly into the planter.

The one in the glass cup was the one I lost in the soil.

This is that one now.

That one and two others are going outside as soon as it's warm enough. (4 plant limit)

I got into my oxygen generator and drank a few then decided to pose my plant for a picture.

Then I decided to fire up a few more lights.

110 watts of sils now and 160 watts of flouros.

I put a thermometer in the closet to watch the temps.

Some of the leaves are sweating and I think thats a good sign.

I was gone for a week and she was thirsty.

PCBuds

I checked my plant again and found this.

I think I gave it too much light.

So I raised the light and unscrewed 4 bulbs.

PCBuds

My MaxiBloom arrived today and I'm liking it already.
It's got Calcium Magnesium and Sulfur that all the box store bought stuff doesn't have.

I'm gonna spend a bit more money and get some MaxiGro too.

PCBuds

I'm pretty sure I over watered again.

The soil was wet at the top and even growing some mold so I stopped watering and drained off the water from the bottom of my cooler.

The PH was OK at 6.5 and it had a PPM of only 180 but it smelt like sulphur/rotten eggs/sewage so I think I've goot root rot.

The inner leaves look curled and weak and thought it was due to lack of light so I removed some fan leaves but now I think it's due to over watering.

I'm gonna try to stop messing with my plant and let it dry out.
Hopefully my bio-herd can sort this out for me.
I've got spring tails, soil mites and a half dozen worms to help. (although I may have drown the worms).

The top leaves look good so I think she's on the road to recovery.

PCBuds

I reposted this here so I don't clutter up the other thread.

If you want more space, google “blowoff hose” with regards to an airlock replacement. you can put that bucket anywhere ya like, run a piece of .5” tubing from the vent, drill a hole to match the tube and run the tubing into the cab stuffed in a 1L bottle of water.

My yeast is always too happy and blows through the air locks, so remote blow offs tend to work better. :)

PCBuds

Hmmm.
I do have 3 buckets that I cycle through (and a forth one that I drink from) and a bunch of different sized tubing.

Do you happen to know if that's maybe too much CO2 ?
Is their such a thing ?

PCBuds

I did a search and I could only find one thread about using yeast as a CO2 generator.

It looks like I should be feeding all my buckets of wine into the grow room.

I've got some numbers to work with now.

I use 5 kg of sugar in each bucket and it takes about 3 weeks to stop bubbling.
So that's 1.25 kg over three weeks.

(It still sounds like a lot to me ??)

:dunno:

PCBuds

My plant is starting to stretch.

I'm gonna let it grow into the lights and see what happens.

I left the globes on the lower bulbs to help spread the light and not burn the leaves.

I'm hoping to grow a monster.

PCBuds

Yes, I switched to 12/12 almost two weeks ago.

I keep finding myself over watering so I put this in and water it 1/2 gallon when it hits the red.

No more standing water in the bottom of my cooler.

PCBuds

The plant grew right past the side bulbs with very little burning of the leaves.

I'm glad I didn't remove the globes from all my bulbs.

The buds pushed right up to the globes and seem to like it.
It was only the leaves that got near the base of the bulbs that got burnt.

PCBuds

My outdoor plant is doing OK too.

It's still in veg state so I don't know whether it's a boy or girl.

Does anyone know when an outdoor plant starts showing sex ??

Swanson

Looking good!
You should be able to sex that with a hand lens. Just look for the preflower shape. Preflowers will be in the v where branches intersect. Ball for male or more pointed and elongated calyx for fem. They start off tiny and sooner than you think. May have tiny pistils you aren't seeing at a glance too.

If it was from bagseed, most bagseed is feminized by default as it results from herms.

PCBuds

Thanks !!
I just looked up pictures of pre-flowers to try to see the difference.

I didn't know that about bag seed.
It makes sense. So I've probably got a girl.