What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Entusia

Last edited:

alvin88

I've gotten lazy and kind of just let the plants go. They've pretty much stopped drinking water, and we've had rain here and there to keep them moist. So I havent seen them in a few weeks.

Here's a pic my friend sent me of the earliest Highland Lao, pretty sure I spy seed pods in there. Wouldn't be surprised if it fully hermed, it's totally out of her element. Less than 10hrs light, cold rain. I'm sure she's stressed.

Screenshot_20231124_122130_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_122143_Instagram.jpg

I'm gonna get down there this weekend and scope the trichomes, and check on the other two Lao's and Nanda Devi at their location.

alvin88

Nanda Devi #2
20231125_160454.jpg

This one and the Lao in last post are showing 80% cloudy trichs, 15% clear, and 5% amber. I'll be taking them both down tomorrow. I can't wait to try these!!!

Also, I had 2 more Lao's at the ND spot. They both have fully succumb to aphid damage, which is crazy to see on 12ft plants. Thats what I get for taking the hands off approach the last couple months. Even crazier, there are ZERO aphids on the Nanda Devi!! Literally 6ft away.

Last edited:

alvin88

Here's an Afghan Mix that was super hard grown. About a gallon of promix dug into some concrete hard soil. Top fed on transplant with 16-16-16 slow release. Watered a couple times and only been watered by rain since about mid September. Was ready to harvest a month ago 🤣🤣 Surprisingly, went through a couple decent rains here in NorCal but has no botrytis anywhere on its rock hard buts. Kinda wish I kept a clone of it now. Smell is straight rotting fruit and burnt rubber.
20231127_132436.jpg

alvin88

Verdant Whisperer

420giveaway
on Highland Thai. (I've been growing the 2019 accession - the website says the more recent one is better). I've found lots of diversity of bud formation and terps, with various ginger/citric/musk/fermenting fruit smells, and an uplifting high (for the green phenos - the one example I got of the purple pheno felt more stoney to me). Only downside really is it takes a long time to mature, though I found some 15-16 week phenos.
Thankyou in the past for answering all my questions on the highland thai, just read this comment and i wanted to clarify is that 15-16 weeks from seedlings in 11/13 or is that 15-16 weeks of flowering from when you saw the first preflowers? im still not sure how growers count flowering times on varieties without light hour changes.

aliceklar

Thankyou in the past for answering all my questions on the highland thai, just read this comment and i wanted to clarify is that 15-16 weeks from seedlings in 11/13 or is that 15-16 weeks of flowering from when you saw the first preflowers? im still not sure how growers count flowering times on varieties without light hour changes.
Any time! There's more info in the first half of my current grow journal too - I grew several Highland Thai just recently.

Re timing, I counted from the flip to 11/13 rather than from the first visible flowers.

alvin88

Highland Lao #4. Unfortunately covered in aphid remains. Maybe Ill try making bubble. Im not too interested in smoking or vaping it but Ill give it a vape in the morning to taste it.

Has a really pleasant floral, perfume smell to it. It's funny how your brain remembers smells. I grew a strain over 10yrs ago call Euphoria and it smells exactly the same. Honestly looks very similar too, raggedy and pastel purple.
20231204_185859.jpg

Think I was able to get the trichomes to relative maturity!! Seems about 5050 clear and cloudy, with a couple of ambers just showing.
2023-12-04-19-28-56.png

Nanda Devi #2 much more easy on the eye. Very loose bract structure, but coated in resin. Smells of fresh cedar, and citrus on the back end. I think I'll end up trying my first cob with the top buds, and dry sieving the rest.
20231204_190826.jpg
20231204_191010.jpg

Last edited:

OldCoolSativa

That looks like a nice, well-grown bud!

I sprouted four ND seeds this year, kept two plants and gave two to my friend. All were grown outside. Both of mine were males so I had to cull them (next to my punto rojo seed repro plants). My friend got a male and a female. Both were vigorous and tall yet scrawny plants. I collected pollen from the male. He harvested the female in mid November right before a heavy frost. She had at least another three or four weeks to mature, and the yield was just miniscule. Hasn't cured much yet and the smoke flavor isn't great but it's also different. The bud smells like citrus and spice, very nice aromas and not skunky at all. The effect is very nice, soothing yet energetic. Hits pretty hard and is quite potent; two puffs and I'm flying. Good smoke and getting better with a cure. Potentially good breeding material (if you're looking for quality of effect and not yield). I pollinated the eight selected punto rojo females with ND which should make for some really interesting F1 sativa hybrids. As you can see in the pic, there's some seed in the ND bud as well. Sire could be his ND male or God knows what else is growing near him.

Nanda Devi.jpg

Nanda Devi bud.jpg

Last edited:

alvin88

That looks like a nice, well-grown bud!

I sprouted four ND seeds this year, kept two plants and gave two to my friend. All were grown outside. Both of mine were males so I had to cull them (next to my punto rojo seed repro plants). My friend got a male and a female. Both were vigorous and tall yet scrawny plants. I collected pollen from the male. He harvested the female in mid November right before a heavy frost. She had at least another three or four weeks to mature, and the yield was just miniscule. Hasn't cured much yet and the smoke flavor isn't great but it's also different. The bud smells like citrus and spice, very nice aromas and not skunky at all. The effect is very nice, soothing yet energetic. Hits pretty hard and is quite potent; two puffs and I'm flying. Good smoke and getting better with a cure. Potentially good breeding material (if you're looking for quality of effect and not yield). I pollinated the eight punto rojo females I selected with ND which should make for some really interesting F1 sativa hybrids. As you can see in the pic, there's some seed in the ND bud as well. Sire could be his ND male or God knows what else is growing near him.

View attachment 18929263

View attachment 18929264
Your bud looks good too, scrawny in a different way, more like my Lao.

That cross certainly does sound very interesting. I wish I had kept one of my males. Always next year!
Hoping we get a few more people to chime in over the mnext few months before I make an order of more sees. I'd like to select a Himalayan that is consistent in its effect! Not sure how potent my ND is....I have a sky high tolerance though. Waiting for lighter friends to come test.

Herbert Chickybaby

This is from my first big Lao Sativa garden project. The picture is of Lao Gold from RSC being grown across the river from Savanakhet, Laos in Thailand. This one should be about 2 1/2 months along. I wasn't sure she was going to make it during the fourth week or so. She was very flimsily stemmed and large leaved and wanting to lie down, perhaps the soil was not to her liking, too acidic, as that is the problem with my organic soil mixes being around 5.5-6 initially and they seem to bring themselves up to 6.3 as time passes. But with some staking she was fine and now about 6 foot tall and starting to stack those Thai sativa weedy female flowers. There are some leaves from an RSC Bokeo on the lower left of the first picture.

IMG_0631.jpg

Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

This Lao Sa extends way beyond the frame of this photo at about 14 foot tall or over 4 meters. These two branches probably have the lion's share of the bud that may be salvageable from botryitis. Up around the tip top of the plant looks like it might be good too and I got some table scraps yesterday from another branch I cut off that I cleaned up all of the powdery mildew from and will have to snip off the top layer from lower layer of botryitis laden material.

But I've got two new Lao Sas off and running about a month now too. This one plant in the photo was a very satisfactory grow, a lot of vitality, very fast to grow up and flowered in decent time, this is now the middle of 6th month from germination, apart from succumbing to what nearly all my plants succumbed to under my clear plastic tarp to keep the rain off, botryitis and powdery mildew. So, with months of cooler drier weather ahead, it looks very good for my new Lao Sa run, the two new ones are like this one, growing very quickly and generally look quite good to me.
IMG_0635.jpg

Herbert Chickybaby

One of the Lao Sas from the latest run, its about a month old. The smaller plant behind it is Khalifa genetics Muang Singh from a valley inhabited by the Akha Tribe in Northern Laos. This is supposed to be a very fast grower but I have had trouble with seedlings rotting in the first or second week and one seed that didn't germinate. But this one is doing nicely enough, it seems a bit flimsy, but I expect it will like other flimsy ones I've had grow out of that sooon enough.

IMG_0640.jpg

Last edited: