What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Moloka'i Frost thread and more...:)

Z10N

im a slave for the molokai..

im a slave for the molokai..

aloha frosters!:joint:

got mad respect for the Molokai Frost , from the first day I tried it I knew I was blessed with some of the best weed in the world!
nothing grows, smells or effects like the frost,
no other strain is able to teach you the deep knowledge lurking between its gens , it streams through your blood after each toke!~
I plan to keep the frost alive for as long as I live, and dedicate myself to make it only better, introducing it to many strains that could use its magical twist. I see here some really KILLER crosses made with the MF and deff I would love some day to give them a go!
I did some pollen introduction from a male frost to some TrainWreck, Congo x bhangi haze, Panama Red and Baloney.

I had some pics of the MF x TW, had many other pics but were lost due to computer death.....

well, here's some pics of the molokai frost I grew over the years:canabis:

Molokai frost x TrainWreck
picture.php

peace ,

Z

E

elmanito

Great shots every one.Keep the Molokai Frost genetics alive.:yes:

Some new shots of the White Molokai

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
98Bubba Kush x Molokai Frost

98Bubba Kush x Molokai Frost

High everyone :wave:
I also hybrids with Molokai Frost ......... :woohoo:
It's 98Bubba Kush x Molokai Frost .... still have two females (more after 98Bubba Kush) and the male is much of Molokai Frost :yes::yes::yes:
Female
picture.php

Female
picture.php

Male
picture.php

J

John Public

so.....if YOU have any Frost...and YOU guys think that maybe YOU want to keep this strain around..........then you might want to start making beans....

Yeah I'm one of those guyz lol

The Molokai looks like a great strain. Many very nice pics here and in other threads. But I need also to know what are inside the other hawaiian strains: Oh'ia, Spyder Woman and Lehu'a. Which one should be my priority? Any Hawaiian grower to help me ? :thank you:

TheFlyinHaWyn!

To those i have promised

To those i have promised

beans but haven't gotten them to you, i am very very sorry, but life sometimes kicks you in the balls, and it takes a little while to get your air back in your lungs :D

needless to say that i am still breathing, lol. the Frost project has stalled somewhat because of life issues.

i still have beans tho, and i still have the mama frost from those many years ago, and she still smells of mint :) even when rubbed in veg :)

i have nothing to report except that i am still trying to do my best to further this long project...i have crossed the MF to almost everything i have, although i have started going in more of a kush direction like the rest of the world....i have a bunch of kush crosses with at least some Frost in there :D....but i have also kept the line pure, and have beans from different generations of frosts....lately, i have been doubting my intentions to continue growing. this life is not for everyone, and i have lived it for such a long time already, i am not sure how much longer i will be growing the ganj...plain and simple, risk is too high, and i am no longer in a position to accept such high liabilities :)

that said, i am still addicted to smoking AND growing, and am having a hard time giving it up....i have a couple of really good friends that will be in this business for the long run, so i will probably just give them my stash when i am ready to get out of the game.

anywhoooos....that is my story. oh, and before things get all out of whack with rumors and hearsay, my nickname, theflyinhawyn! is different from the person with the same nickname over TcC....anything with Moloka`i Frost in it came originally from me, and that is it. i have never renamed strains into Hawaiian names and sent them out to the world. i usually just let everyone know what the cross was, without further confusing shit.

ok, thanks for letting me ramble, i do lurk sometimes still at this site, but hardly....again, i apologize again to any of you that i promised seeds to...i am not a man who likes to break promises, but very rarely i get too high over my head and fuck up, aloha everyoneandallyoumuthafuckasoutdeahaveanwesomemuthafuckingday!!!!!!!!!

p.s. first pix is of my keeper Shabud's bubbax(SensiStarxMoloka`i Frost) she has a fruity/spicy/tasty bite to her, and her smell is just wicked...but she was number 2 keeper from last cycle
second pix is of my number 1 keeper...TriangleKushx(SensiStarxMoloka`i Frost)....one the best tasting strains i have ever had the pleasure of creating from seed...an awesome creamy, buttery flavor that hits the palate and stays for a little while...smooth intake, then she grabs you by da `olos and you lose it and start coughing on the exhale :) really nice stuff, i will have to test further as i only just grew out examples to taste....but i still have them, and lost the bubba, tk, MK, and about to lose other elites, but fuck it...i like seeds anyway :)

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 18
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 23

lynx

Hi! Just tought I'd show a couple of pics of my version of the Molokai, this is MoloKai Frost x MoloKai Frost/Strawberry Webb. Fantastic quality of high, very happy and lively. It is the work of a highly respected friend in the community, I'm eternally grateful. They come in at least two phenos, a tall sativaish and a much shorter more indica dom. I have four little ones just sprouted, and I hope to make some seed. These are from my 2009 grow, one sativa pheno and a close up from a short pheno. Thanks for preserving this strain, and for sharing!

peace & love,
lynx

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
check one two where's lynx' post?

this one?:
Hi! Just tought I'd show a couple of pics of my version of the Molokai, this is MoloKai Frost x MoloKai Frost/Strawberry Webb. Fantastic quality of high, very happy and lively. It is the work of a highly respected friend in the community, I'm eternally grateful. They come in at least two phenos, a tall sativaish and a much shorter more indica dom. I have four little ones just sprouted, and I hope to make some seed. These are from my 2009 grow, one sativa pheno and a close up from a short pheno. Thanks for preserving this strain, and for sharing!

peace & love,
lynx

TheFlyinHaWyn!

hehe, thanks grey, it wasn't there when i was looking :)

how are you over there? ;)

just lurking nowadays...low pro bro :) aloha brother!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit man
its either the roosters waking me up or the smell of the best bakery ever
love them both haha

lo pro is the way i need to roll. i just cant hahaha

aloha!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah man you know!
komodas straight broke da mouth
everytime

Tako

ICMag Donor
Ho- My jaw when bus allready jus thinking about dakine grinds... Howzit going cuz?

I know you have gone low pro, but I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for gettimg the Frost out to the community. I was gifted some Molokai Frost "F2" so I figure they came through Mota (thanks to you too bro).

I found one male that stands out above the rest in vigor and smell. He has that super sweet and spicy smell. I hope it is one that you referred to as sweet ginger.

....most of these Frosts have a light to no smell yet when rubbing the stems...but there is one in there that is strong of ginger, like my mamma plant when her stem is rubbed....sweet ginger/type smell always comes off of her stem smell :D one of the seedlings has this strong smell coming off of it...i will need to do more research.....

How did the research go? Was that one that ended up a herm?

Here is my molokai Frost Male:

MFmale3-29.jpg

Sorry for his poorly condition.
MFmale3-29nodes.jpg

He has double serration like like my Maui :)
MFmale3-29top.jpg

My plan is to make the next generation of Frosts and cross him with my "Maui". Pictures of her can be found here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4339902&postcount=6129 or here too: http:)//www.mrnice.nl/forum/16-bud-shots/6166-maui-sativa-70s-piece-grail.html

In out crossing with the Frost what traits have you found to be consistently dominate? Does the sweetness usually transfer through?

Happy Growing,
CP

TheFlyinHaWyn!

Aloha CP, mahalo for posting on the thread, and thanks also for keeping the strain alive!

"I found one male that stands out above the rest in vigor and smell. He has that super sweet and spicy smell. I hope it is one that you referred to as sweet ginger."

--awesome bro, i know that people have differences in how they smell things, but to me, i think you are close with that sweet and spicy smell...i describe it as gingery sweet/spicyness, but i would bet it is close to the same thing as i have smelt that type of smell on the frosts in the past, both male and females at different times.

"How did the research go? Was that one that ended up a herm?"
--to be completely honest with you, i can't remember if i used him or not. i looked back on this thread and it was a while back when i made my last seed crop of frosts. i usually open pollenate, but i am bad at taking records, and mostly used to do my pakalolo recording on these sites to manage risk better by not having records in house...with that said, i'm not sure if i used him, but i definitely looked out for hermy males, so if he was hermy, he was not used. i have about 5 packets of seeds i saved from my last seed making cycle from four different female frosts and the mamma frost. i have sprouted a few over the past years, but not made a nother batch yet. i gave out more from that batch before getting beat down a little by life and failing to send out seeds to those i promised. for that i apologize to them, but i am still having paranoia about growing and sending things out...call it being cautious, or lazy, or a little of both :D

"Here is my molokai Frost Male:"
--beautiful brother, just to be able to see others continuing the lineage is enough for me to be happy. it is pretty tiring to be the only one to carry her along for a while, it will be nice to share the burden :) good luck with that one bro, he looks to be a stud!!...oh, and on a side note, i read your other thread at the mrnice site bro, good job on the maui! she looks great! one thing to note about the frost is that it usually starts out with large fat leaves in the beginning then they stretch out and become thinner toward the end, looking more sativa-ish in nature...also there is no skunk in the frost...if you find something that is not florally-gingerish and generally sweeter, then it is not the frost. out of the thousands of frosts i have grown, none have had a skunky tendency to any of them...part of my frost observation. one thing also though, i never even looked to see if my past frosts had double serrations :) i guess i just never bothered to check on things like that lol

"My plan is to make the next generation of Frosts and cross him with my "Maui". Pictures of her can be found here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=6129 or here too: http//www.mrnice.nl/forum/16-bud-shots/6166-maui-sativa-70s-piece-grail.html"

--killer brother, go for it...we had a Maui strain over here we called Maui girl....and that biatch was straight Thai weed...took forever to finish, was somewhat spicy and had a clear high to it...much different looking than yours, but like BH stated in your thread, we have so many micro climates here that anything is possible to be grown and claimed as a Maui strain. once we get it here, the strains pretty much adapt to our environment or gets "weeded" out :D

"In out crossing with the Frost what traits have you found to be consistently dominate? Does the sweetness usually transfer through?"

One of the major things that i notice about the initial outcrossing of the frost is that it has a tendency to be more passive in the cross in certain areas such as flavor and smell, and tends to let the strain crossed with it shine more in that department...in terms of growth charecteristics, the frost usually adds some vigor like you are seeing on your male...it adds some flowering time, as the frost is not suited for indoor production...i have not been able to go as far into the outcrosses to make a determination about future F1 generations of the crosses...but i am sure if you found something you liked in the initial outcross you could select for that and continue down that path...i may try and do that with my #1 selection of that creamy TKx(SSxFrost) as that thing is badass :) sometimes the sweetness flows through, but like i said, in the initial outcross, everything just kind of gets put out there on the table and you come across shit you have maybe never experienced before....that is one of the main reasons why i like to open pollenate with a variety of different male and female frost selections...as it adds to the genetic diversity of the strain, and doesn't limit what traits you can experience....but as this is a strain that has been around for some time...you will always get a spectrum of offspring that although slightly differing in taste and smells and stone....all of them should have a similar stance and be within the spectrum to be considered frost...there are a number of ways i can tell if someone is smoking a frost joint..the least of which is the smell left by a burnt joint....mmmm....ok gotta go, but will chat later...aloha!

Latest posts

Latest posts