What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germination rate fresh seeds

Superauto

I have approx 50 seeds from my first grow with hard surface, looking nice and healthy. What are the expected germination rate for fresh seeds like these?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would also put them in the refrigerator for a couple weeks too.

The term for this is escaping me. Hopefully someone will have it in their mind as well.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I think you’re thinking “stratification”, a cold treatment. As far as I know it’s not necessary for cannabis.

I also like to let seeds sit and dry for a bit.

troutman

Seed Whore
I let fresh seeds dry at room temp for a week and then store them away in my refrigerator.

Seeds do best like others mentioned after being stratified in the refrigerator for a few weeks at least.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I would let them sit for 3 weeks or so. Germ rates now could be way under half of what you should get when they dry out a bit.