What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump allowing states to decide cannabis laws and will provide banking access

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes....if we are going to debate certain topics, and take up contrary positions to one another, then at least have the maturity to discuss the topic at hand in such a way as to appear civilized.....as a gentleman, without having to resort to petty name calling and baiting others to respond in such a crude way.

Trump Considering Pulling U.S. Out of Constitution

<source media="(min-width: 1280px)"><source media="(min-width: 1024px)"><source media="(min-width: 768px)"><source>

“I’ve seen a lot of bad deals in my life, but this Constitution is a total mess,” the President said.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it “maybe the worst deal ever,” Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he is considering pulling the United States out of the United States Constitution.

Trump was scathing in his remarks about the two-hundred-and-twenty-nine-year-old document, singling out for special scorn its insistence on three branches of government. “The branches thing is maybe the worst part of this deal,” he said. “The first thing we do when we pull out of the Constitution is get rid of two of those branches”

He also called the First Amendment “something that really has to go.”“No one in his right mind would put something like that in a Constitution,” he said. “Russia doesn’t have it. North Korea doesn’t have it. All the best countries don’t have it.”He stopped short of accusing his predecessor, Barack Obama, of writing the United States Constitution, but said, “He’s working hard behind the scenes trying to save it, because he knows that the Constitution is very, very bad for me.”

Vowing to replace the Constitution with “a new, much, much better Constitution,” he acknowledged that there might be some elements of the original document worth salvaging. “We’re going to keep the Second Amendment,” he said, “and definitely the Fifth.”

this needs to stop, threads like this need to be treated with respect, using provocative and divisive slogans and insulting other members is not what we expect in threads like this.

these discussions are only allowed if things are kept on a civilized level
, so please consider that in future, others have already been sanctioned after ignoring warnings. i don't care what side of the argument you are on, i just care that it's a civilized and useful discussion rather then a trolling fest.

A civilized level? if you search the term "faggot" or "nigger" you'll get pages of results.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]____is a pacifist who wishes to express some humanitarian issues by trolling the forum with his faggot attitude[/FONT]
Here's how you responded to the poster "I [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] like it now if you disagree the person being downvoted or rated unhelpful will know who found them unhelpful" Take that you homophobo mofo

If you search for "nigger" you'll get plenty of results as well. I'm not claiming that all of these usages are racist I havent got the time to check the 183 results.

Enacting a "civilized level" expectation for discourse on ICMAG seems quixotic.
[/FONT]

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
A civilized level? if you search the term "faggot" or "nigger" you'll get pages of results.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]____is a pacifist who wishes to express some humanitarian issues by trolling the forum with his faggot attitude[/FONT]
Here's how you responded to the poster "I [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] like it now if you disagree the person being downvoted or rated unhelpful will know who found them unhelpful" Take that you homophobo mofo

If you search for "nigger" you'll get plenty of results as well. I'm not claiming that all of these usages are racist I havent got the time to check the 183 results.

Enacting a "civilized level" expectation for discourse on ICMAG seems quixotic.
[/FONT]

the old everyone else is doing it justification eh?

in the end, i don't really care, do as you please and be it on your own head.

i know, it's such an outrage to request civil discourse of the membership, how dare i? :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Trump Considering Pulling U.S. Out of Constitution

<source media="(min-width: 1280px)"><source media="(min-width: 1024px)"><source media="(min-width: 768px)"><source>[URL=https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5af3198f79ac2527a3cee2fa/4:3/w_116,c_limit/Borowitz-Trump-Constitution.jpg]View Image
[/URL]
“I’ve seen a lot of bad deals in my life, but this Constitution is a total mess,” the President said.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it “maybe the worst deal ever,” Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he is considering pulling the United States out of the United States Constitution.

Trump was scathing in his remarks about the two-hundred-and-twenty-nine-year-old document, singling out for special scorn its insistence on three branches of government. “The branches thing is maybe the worst part of this deal,” he said. “The first thing we do when we pull out of the Constitution is get rid of two of those branches”

He also called the First Amendment “something that really has to go.”“No one in his right mind would put something like that in a Constitution,” he said. “Russia doesn’t have it. North Korea doesn’t have it. All the best countries don’t have it.”He stopped short of accusing his predecessor, Barack Obama, of writing the United States Constitution, but said, “He’s working hard behind the scenes trying to save it, because he knows that the Constitution is very, very bad for me.”

Vowing to replace the Constitution with “a new, much, much better Constitution,” he acknowledged that there might be some elements of the original document worth salvaging. “We’re going to keep the Second Amendment,” he said, “and definitely the Fifth.”

thats hilarious....lmao

Blah Blah Blah,,, have you ever attacked with this much venom any other politician that happens to have a D in their description? Bammy did more to divide this country that any president ever.
Yup I voted for Trump and will again. Were he not the nominee I had planned on voting 3rd party like I did when I voted for Perot.
In case you missed it there seems to be 3 US citizens coming home from N Korea today. But Im sure you will give no acknowledgment of why.

This was a topic about weed and how Trump is approaching these issues. You and those like you are so full of hate and bile you run around with your hair on fire bashing him while pretending to be above the politics. People like you are why I really wont delve into the political areas on forums like this but since this WAS a weed related issue involving President Trump I got caught up in the whirlpool of hate from you and those like you.

You and a couple like you will be joining together on my ignore list since any words you type will inevitably swing around to why Trump is evil and responsible for every woe in the world. Kind of like the loon maxine waters.

Actually I have and wasn't happy with Obama but I know that's too complicated for you to consider. You obviously have a agenda to push and a healthy dose of political rabies and that's all good with me. My apology to packer stands but is rescinded with respect to you. It's people like you who gave me my general assumption of Trump voters. Somebody like packer shows me that at least some are capable of civil discourse but that's beyond your ability obviously.

Adding me to your ignore list lmao wtf makes you think I'd even care about that dude. I'm out though I don't want to continue this and the thread has gone way off topic.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
in what realm are you living in where Obama divided this country more than Trump is doing? lmfao holy wing nuts batman.

the old everyone else is doing it justification eh?

in the end, i don't really care, do as you please and be it on your own head.

i know, it's such an outrage to request civil discourse of the membership, how dare i? :D

"Everyone else was doing it" no you misunderstand.

I was highlighting the inconsistency of urging civility here meanwhile you personally have nothing to say about "faggot" in another thread.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
"Everyone else was doing it" no you misunderstand.

I was highlighting the inconsistency of urging civility here meanwhile you personally have nothing to say about "faggot" in another thread.

feel free to report any post with members insulting each other and the staff will check things out. we really appreciate the support.

in the end it changes nothing though, even if someone is using the worst insults in another thread, this doesn't make it ok. every cop you ever meet will tell you the same thing. just because all the other cars are speeding doesn't mean you don't get a fine if the cop has you pulled over and clocked breaking the speed limit.

i really don't want to argue about this, my post was meant as a friendly reminder that threads on politics are only recently allowed and only if they remain civil.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah that ^^^^^^^..

Progress and understanding only becomes evident if we discuss various topics using civil discourse, and not by insulting each other with personal attacks....

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
And if that fails, there's always the 'ignore list'. 100% effective!

G

I firmly believe that at least one of the people on this latest hateful rant is a persona of a RIU shit stirrer named uncle buck. The racist focus and hate of heterosexuals is a tip off from my recent and very brief time spent roaming around that site. One of the haters here in particular is almost a carbon copy of that persona on RIU once he gets going and looses control in this thread.

QUOTE=stewart169;8273544]I firmly believe that at least one of the people on this latest hateful rant is a persona of a RIU shit stirrer named uncle buck. The racist focus and hate of heterosexuals:violin: is a tip off from my recent and very brief time spent roaming around that site. One of the haters here in particular is almost a carbon copy of that persona on RIU once he gets going and looses control in this thread.[/QUOTE]

*loses

Tell us more about your firm beliefs.

Is this the same person that has exposed you as a foolish clown?

Your hysterical tone and hen like cry of "hate" undermine your cred. Did this person "uncle buck" wound your inner child?

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When a thread gets to the stage where it just looks to be about silly personal attacks, and flaming arguments that go far from the reasonable discussion about the topic at hand.

What does the Moderator do?

1. Tries to inject a little sanity.

2.Carves out the offending posts.

3.Warns the combative members to 'Bloody well behave themselves?'....

4. Silently and without fanfare bans certain members and scraps all of their posts to the Recycle Bin?

5. Denounces the offending parties as 'Russian Bots?'..then VERY PUBLICLY eviscerates them while appearing only slightly perturbed.

.....oh decisions.....decisions...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
When a thread gets to the stage where it just looks to be about silly personal attacks, and flaming arguments that go far from the reasonable discussion about the topic at hand.

4. Silently and without fanfare bans certain members and scraps all of their posts to the Recycle Bin?

5. Denounces the offending parties as 'Russian Bots?'..then VERY PUBLICLY eviscerates them while appearing only slightly perturbed.

gut them like hogs & hang them up to bleed out...:woohoo: :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

in my experience its best to get the Russian bot thing in first nowadays, otherwise it's only a matter of time till it gets slung ones way :laughing:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahh yes, the Russian bot thing has proved to be very effective, but I just thought that we could also use 'Iranian Infiltrator' as well from time to time....just for added effect.

Seems like people need these trigger words.....to get triggered.
in my experience its best to get the Russian bot thing in first nowadays, otherwise it's only a matter of time till it gets slung ones way :laughing:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Ahh yes, the Russian bot thing has proved to be very effective, but I just thought that we could also use 'Iranian Infiltrator' as well from time to time....just for added effect.

Seems like people need these trigger words.....to get triggered.

good one, ill have to remember the Iranian Mula bot thing in case someone come up with the Russian bot thing before i can chuck it in there, lol.