What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban Princess

Phrenic

Has anyone had much luck bredding durban poison with a C99? I want a sativa which will grow well here at the 45th latitude and I cant think of anything that sounds better than a fruity and terpene loaded sativa.

Next season I was thinking about trying my own cross with a source of feminized durban and regular c99, look for a male c99 and cross witht he most promising durban...profit!

Phrenic

Hi Frenic try Muai thai from flash seeds, almost pure sativa and can finish in your latitude.

With a flowering period of 95 - 110 days she might be able to grow at my latitude but certainly not my longitude. The point of the durban poison x c99 cross is to get the 50 day mark flower of the c99 and the large landrace terpene portfolio of a similarly short flowering of 60 days and a tolerance to some cold nights. Ya dig?

djimb

Veteran
If you're looking for short flowering, mold/cold resistant sativa (ish) strains to cross with Durban, you might want to look at some nepali strains.

Derg Cora Collective maintains the Bluehemp Baglung Nepali line that finishes in ~8-10 weeks and is supposed to be pretty euphoric. It also has a frequent incidence of deep purple phenotypes, if that matters to you.

I know Ace and Cannabiogen have some Nepali crosses as well, but I'm not sure about flowering times.

WelderDan

Veteran
You won't know unless you try. Since you can't be certain which traits from either parent will be dominant in a cross until you grow it out, the only way to know is to do it.

In my experience using C99 as the male has led to shorter flowering time and more bulk and resin production. Your experience may be different. You won't know until you try.

W

Water-

Has anyone had much luck bredding durban poison with a C99? I want a sativa which will grow well here at the 45th latitude and I cant think of anything that sounds better than a fruity and terpene loaded sativa.

Next season I was thinking about trying my own cross with a source of feminized durban and regular c99, look for a male c99 and cross witht he most promising durban...profit!

I did and im growing it now.

one has an awesome pinapple smell and its sister reeks of lemon from the DP.
looks like it will be done by end of September at 41 north.

have a male too that im back crossing with to bring it to F3 and also Bangi Haze, Purple Zamal Bangi and CBG Durban that are making seeds as well

Latest posts

Latest posts