What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerheads HK x TK, BOD 1/6/18

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got 100% germ on 5 I tossed in. I will run these and see what I get.

picture.php

billb

Veteran
Awesome! I’m sure they’ll be straight fire! HK is the only strain I lack. Finally got cb!

onavelzy

Veteran
I got 100% germ on 5 I tossed in. I will run these and see what I get.

View Image

Good to see that HH

I have 4/10 so far. I probably should have left them in the water longer to soften more. I also should have just not worried about them all popping around the same time and just given them as long as they needed before moving into coco or the plugs I chose. I'll just give some time and we'll see how it goes

Awesome! I’m sure they’ll be straight fire! HK is the only strain I lack. Finally got cb!
That's a great place to be. There's been so many of his winners through the short time I've been around.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
looking good fellas, hope the test runs go perfect for both of you so these can come out :dance013:

damn billb, lucky lucky fellow you are :biggrin:

onavelzy

Veteran
looking good fellas, hope the test runs go perfect for both of you so these can come out :dance013:

damn billb, lucky lucky fellow you are :biggrin:

Pulling up a chair.

Got my gas shocked drum stool set for the show ona!!!

Thanks guys.

I checked this morning. Still no action out of the other 6 seeds. I popped them from their root plugs, nothing under ground either. I decided to put them back in the water for a day or so, then try the moist paper towels again. Probably one of those mistakes I shouldn't be making but ...

The four that did germinate are in the baby giraffe stage of life

picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
love seedlings! especially these ones

Hi Star! I know you have run a lot of seeds so please feel free to tune me up if there's something you think may help me get those other rascals to join the game. I'm feeling fairly embarrassed. My first run of germinating or cloning that didn't get really good results. Fails happen, I know, but I just figured they only happened to other people. :biggrin:

~star~crash~

i had good fortune with his CB s1's ...i don't know how these can be anything less then stellar considering the gentics ..gonna b dank ...Ur lucky to run these trust me & doing great so far...peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys.

I checked this morning. Still no action out of the other 6 seeds. I popped them from their root plugs, nothing under ground either. I decided to put them back in the water for a day or so, then try the moist paper towels again. Probably one of those mistakes I shouldn't be making but ...

The four that did germinate are in the baby giraffe stage of life

View Image

That's fine considering no dry time on the seeds. I'm more interested in how the plants perform. I can do germ testing in 60 days.

onavelzy

Veteran
Four it is

Four it is

Well, I've tried what I can but still no roots from the other six.

picture.php

I will try nipping the ends off of the seeds and put them onto cups to see what happens in the next few days but I think if they were going to germ, they would have.

The pic below shows how they looked last night. When I checked in this morning, one of the four had toppled over sideways, I guess from too weak of a stalk.

picture.php

I up potted them into solo cups before going to work this morning. I buried all of them at east half way up their stalks when i up potted. The one that bent over, bottom left in the pic, still looks fine this evening so hopefully nothing too lethal

picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
The 5 I got have the same leaves.
Still bummed about my germ ratio but that's what I've got. I'm moving on.

Since there's only four of them, I might just go with bigger pots than I have been using (been using the 3 L airpots) and go for bigger plants in an HKxTK monocrop.

I could also just run them with some other plants in a shared run.

Before you offered to have me do a test, I was considering running some gifted GG4's and Sour Diesels in my next go round. I don't know that Sour Diesel would be a good tent mate for these plants. How does the height and spread of HK and TK compare to GG4?

I'd rather give you purer answers, so right now I'm leaning towards four larger plants. We'll see how early veg goes

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HK does not have a big stretch, maybe 1x. . TK will stretch 2x.. I cant say what we will see yet.. These are the 1st to get run.

onavelzy

Veteran
HK does not have a big stretch, maybe 1x. . TK will stretch 2x.. I cant say what we will see yet.. These are the 1st to get run.

OK that helps. I have 6 seeds left of a Loompa cross of his headband by AJ's SD that I ran last summer. They didn't stretch that much in my hands so maybe that would be a good tent grouping if I go for more than just these four. They're regs though, so if I do it, I'll need to watch close. I could also clone off my LVPK and use those to fill in the tent. Still leaning to just running these. Will think on it while I have some veg time.