What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bad germ rate on Promo seeds...

bigbadbiddy

Howdy folks,

not sure if this is the right place but a PM to Karma G didn't result in a response, so here it goes:

I recently germed 12 Karma OG, 12 Headbanger and 18 White OG V2.
They were acquired about a year ago over a seedvendor with a bad attitude (where I won't buy again after this experience, I believe). They had a promotion running where you receive 4 White OG V2 bonus seeds for every pack of Karma gear you order. So I ordered 3 packs and got 12 bonus seeds.
One of the seeds was crushed, they wanted to replace it with some crap so I declined. I germed 5 of the 23 remaining White OG in a previous round where I had massive fungus gnat issues and only got 5 to germ of which only 1 made it above ground and it performed not too great, mostly my issue though I believe.
Anyway, this left me with 18 White OG V2 seeds and the other 2 packs.

Of the remaining 18 White OG V2 seeds, 10 were "original" and 8 were promo seeds.

In my last 3 seed sprouting attempts, I always had 100% germination rate. One such attempts was 40 seeds at once. 100% germination and 100% above soil.

In my current attempt, I again had 100% germination.

But here comes the kicker:
11/12 Karma OG made it above ground fine (not sure what happened to the last one. It was germinated fine with a "normal" tap root when I put it in a jiffy pellet. But I didn't think too much of it, I am absolutely fine with the odd seed not making it above ground, can't always have 100%. Also can't say with 100% certainty that I didn't hurt the tap root when putting it in the jiffy pellet although my track record makes that unlikely).
12/12 Headbangers made it above ground just fine
10/18 White OG V2 made it above ground.

And that irked me...

That is right, the 8 bonus White OG V2 seeds did not make it above ground. 2 of them also had close to no taproot when I transplanted them to jiffy cups. The other 6 looked well enough.
But none of them made it out of the soil.
The 10 original White OG V2s all made it out fine.

Now to me this sounds fairly obviously like the promo seeds either not being White OG V2 at all or being poorly stored by the partnering seedvendor or something but they did not perform and I am definitely disappointed.

I will still grow out the 33 remaining plants and reserve my overall judgment for after that harvest but for now, I can't say I am a happy or satisfied customer.

Furthermore, I shot a private message here on the board to Karma G and if that was the wrong guy to address with this, I apologize and am happy if someone points me in the right direction.

I did not get a response at all which makes me think that he doesn't stand behind his product like other breeders do.
I compare a lot of breeders with Mr. Nice as I have the most genetics from them and had the best customer experience with them and they would have replaced those seeds in a heartbeat with generous bonuses and sorted that thing out with their partner to understand how that could happen.

Now I am not looking for a handout, I don't even know if I wanted to take the risk of receiving more seeds at the moment through the mail and I really don't need more seeds as it stands anyway.

But a response would have been the very least I expected.

So now I write this to share my experience and let others know.

I will also update on what I find in those seeds. My hopes and expectations are still high although my hype for the White OG has considerably died down after this experience.

Cheers all

BBB

NEED 4 SEED

I know there are a lot of people who swear on Karma gear, it gets recommended for the best OGs around. But I can only confirm your issue with this strain. They were my first "experience" with Karma gear and probably my last. I bought Karma White OG (I think not V2) , got 12 seeds, if I recall right on seedbay. Can't remember how many sprouted but I remember most of them dying in the seedling stage, leaving only two females with the lowest yield of mediocre smelling bud this run. Didn't have a nice high either. Another thing is that the man doesn't answer your mails. Good to know! Took the money and ran...not nice and doesn't live up to the hype!

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I have just read your PM. I only visit ICmag few times a month these days. Just dont have much time for forum surfing anymore.

As i read your pm it sounded more as a report then a question for a reply ore solution. As it said you just wanted to let me know and report.

What hapend i dont know, i dont use seconds for freebie.s that cant be it. I did report it to attitude seeds.

If i may advice in future when you bumb in to any problem. Write a short message clearly stating what you want. I always replace when requested.

Only thing i can think is you got some last in a bag of older seeds.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I know there are a lot of people who swear on Karma gear, it gets recommended for the best OGs around. But I can only confirm your issue with this strain. They were my first "experience" with Karma gear and probably my last. I bought Karma White OG (I think not V2) , got 12 seeds, if I recall right on seedbay. Can't remember how many sprouted but I remember most of them dying in the seedling stage, leaving only two females with the lowest yield of mediocre smelling bud this run. Didn't have a nice high either. Another thing is that the man doesn't answer your mails. Good to know! Took the money and ran...not nice and doesn't live up to the hype!

They popped then died. That sounds more like a short coming on treatment ore grow situation.

I doubt you got v1 as those havent been sold since 2011. When you did they would have been old stock and germ rate.s would have been low.

Same for you a simple message of your problem could have solved it. And a request for replacement.

As for hype. If you look in to my history you can see i aint much of a hype man. I just breed and let the consumer speak its opinion.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Ps both can still contact me, i dont have hard feelings, and understand how some have frustration and dont always feel how to handle the situation.

Its easiest for me to recieve a short message just stating the problem and the wished solution.

My seed retail has grown far above what i can handle as i single person. So longer waiting for reply.s and actions have grown far above what it used to be, and defantly has put a lower costumer service as a result.

This is also the reason i may not be selling seeds in future. And be only breeding with out sales to the retail market.

nickman

Veteran
Karma has always been a stand up guy in my book.... he has always been there to try his best to fix any problem or answer any sort of questions I had...

He has NEVER let me down - with genetics or customer service...

That sucks that you may stop selling seeds Karma... I’ve been a strictly Karma Genetics guy except in the beginning... I tried a few other breeders but none of them even came close to Karma Genetics...

Hey Karma, I’m finally growing a few plants again and they’re from you...
jack OG and Skunk OG... I’ll report about my finding soon. Just put them into 12/12 yesterday...

NEED 4 SEED

They popped then died. That sounds more like a short coming on treatment ore grow situation.

I doubt you got v1 as those havent been sold since 2011. When you did they would have been old stock and germ rate.s would have been low.

Same for you a simple message of your problem could have solved it. And a request for replacement.

As for hype. If you look in to my history you can see i aint much of a hype man. I just breed and let the consumer speak its opinion.

Good to hear from you. I simply stopped asking breeders for replacements because of safety reasons. I have here the package of the seeds which I bought last fall from seedbay.

Of course I wouldn't mind getting a replacement. The thing is, you can never rule out own grower failure completely. But I am no noob so to say and I know how to treat young plants/seeds. So its up to you. :tiphat:

picture.php

bigbadbiddy

Aight man,

you know over christmas I was a bit anxious to log back in here.
Kind of regretted that I posted this at all.

Very pleased that this didn't turn ugly as I didn't mean to flame.

I was just sad/angry/disappointed and needed to vent I suppose.

I had considered that you simply didn't have the time to reply yet but I had seen you online a few times in between and my emotions didn't let me wait on the issue any longer, like I said, had to vent or something I suppose.

Your response is pretty much all I asked for. Thanks for that.

I have no gripe with Karma then.

The Karma OG and Headbangers are looking fine as well. I did decapitate a headbanger by swinging cable though :(

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do you have two accounts with two different names?

This whole thread smells funny. You're a better man than me Karma G.

dank.Frank

bigbadbiddy

Why do you have two accounts with two different names?

This whole thread smells funny. You're a better man than me Karma G.

dank.Frank

*sigh* that's the kind of shit show I did not want to be a part of...

Karma just close this up or ask the mods to delete this thread, I don't mind.

Let's just say Karma took care of me and the whole thing is resolved, I don't want to cause any waves.
I am sure the remaining plants will do me good and I just stick to my rule of not spending more than 5 bucks a seed in the future as the cheaper ones have treated me better than the expensive ones.

Best wishes and thank you for taking this serious and hashing this out with the tude if you do.

UncleBens

Karma has always been a stand up guy in my book.... he has always been there to try his best to fix any problem or answer any sort of questions I had...

He has NEVER let me down - with genetics or customer service...

That sucks that you may stop selling seeds Karma... I’ve been a strictly Karma Genetics guy except in the beginning... I tried a few other breeders but none of them even came close to Karma Genetics...

Hey Karma, I’m finally growing a few plants again and they’re from you...
jack OG and Skunk OG... I’ll report about my finding soon. Just put them into 12/12 yesterday...

Im probably going to end up the same, all the strains look awesome! Hope he keeps producing seeds for a few years yet!

bigbadbiddy

So is this two people or one?

Two people.

And even though I withdrew and said I don't want anything, just close it up I'm alright, he still offered.

Apparently he has already worked out something with Need 4 Seed.

I told him I need to sleep on it but either way, the man is alright in my book.

So in the end I can confirm that Karma stands by his product and takes care of his customers. I will spread the word.

All the best
BBB

/Edit
Also want to mention that the Headbangers, Karma OG and White OG V2 originals look exceptional in the seedling stage already, safe for a few stragglers. I would say 80%+ are doing very, very well. Fast and vigorous development, very strong genetics.

NEED 4 SEED

Two people.

And even though I withdrew and said I don't want anything, just close it up I'm alright, he still offered.

Apparently he has already worked out something with Need 4 Seed.

I told him I need to sleep on it but either way, the man is alright in my book.

So in the end I can confirm that Karma stands by his product and takes care of his customers. I will spread the word.

All the best
BBB

/Edit
Also want to mention that the Headbangers, Karma OG and White OG V2 originals look exceptional in the seedling stage already, safe for a few stragglers. I would say 80%+ are doing very, very well. Fast and vigorous development, very strong genetics.

Nah, still can't pm him. Anyways, all the best to everyone for the new year!
And keep on growing...