What's new

Bodhi- Jahruba and Swaziruba

ValleyKush

Veteran
Hey everybody, throwing up a quick grow report on some bodhi testers- Jahruba (jamacan x aruba) and Swazi x Aruba. I ended up with 4 jahruba girls and 2 swazi girls. They were germed on 4/21 and planted out in late may.
The swazi seemed to dampen off more then any other strain I germed and I lost 4 to that. Not sure of it was my fault or if they are prone?
2 of each lived in 7 gal pots and were light depd starting june 25. Two jah and one swazi were planted in 30-45 gal raised containers in a swamp that gets 9-12 hours of sun, I only water to feed these girls. One jah was planted in a woods plot that recieves 2-5 hours of direct sun and hasnt been watered or fed, other then 1/2 cup dry food in soil when she was planted, all year. All the boys are in the woods with an hour at most of direct sun. Boys seem to be just fine with no direct light and still give me a good idea of phenos; although I wonder if it has a negative effect on their genes?

Last edited:

ValleyKush

Veteran
I live in washington at 48n, on the wet side of the mountains. The plants are at around 700ft. This summer has been one of the dryest on records and we have only had 2 big rain storms since may.

I feed them with alaskan fish fert, neem meal, kelp meal, fresh nettle and meal, alfalfa meal, soft rock phos w/ humic shale, dolm lime, greensand and forest humus/ soil. I top dress and/or foliar feed with Biobizz bloom, Maxicrop, Dragonfly earth medicine Fat flowers 3-6-6 vegan plant powder, Indonesian bat guano, and an ocean/ river water concentrate from off the wa coast that is high in trace minerals.

ValleyKush

Veteran
The Jahs have an awsome structure that is delightfully bushy for an untrained sativa. They are hungery like your average high yeilding hybrid, I couldnt feed them enough with how much sun we have had this year. The swamp girls are about 6 and 7 feet tall and 4 and 5 feet across- much wider then the swazis. One started flowering around july 20th and the other started aug 4th or so; which is much earlyer then my non photoperiod sensitive plants, some of which have yet to start budding. They both smell minty, diesely and sweet.

The black boxed girl started putting on weight fast and has smelled of bannanas most of flowering. She is not very sensitive and I had no problems with hermi although the black boxed swazi girl did. The jah in the woods hasnt started yet and I will probly grab a cut of it for later to give it more favorable conditions.

All the boys have a very sweet diesely stem rub and are of average flower girth. Some have started flowering while others have a few weeks. Cant tell the jahs apart from the swazis other then the jahs generaly having stronger side branching.

Overall seems pretty stable, but with enough pheno variation to make me want another pack just to see what other combos are waiting.

Last edited:

ValleyKush

Veteran
The swazi are much more columnar plants and stretch alot more. They are also slower to react to photoperiod changes. They seem to have more swazi influence then aruba while the jahruba seems the other way around. The black boxed swazi didnt like it one bit and started throwing ball sacks within 2 weeks so she was put back outside to do her thing on her own. Within 2 weeks she wasnt throwing male flowers anymore and has been getting nice and fat.

She's throwing some nice bright pink hairs, which makes me think that the photoperiod sensitivity comes from dutch genetics, as aruba is a dutch island and all of the dutch/ danish early genetics I have grown have pink hair phenos. The smell coming off this girl is very floral and anise. Super pleasant and african like. After we quit black boxing her she got her top tied down and reacted very well to it, flatening out evenly without further training.

We also black boxed a swazi boy which ended up taking alot of abuse and didn't seem to care one bit. He had a quarter sized thick top flower cluster, almost twice as thick as some other strains. Very columnar structure and floral stem rub as well.

The swamp swazi is a 10ft colum beast. She has lots of side branching but all are growing almost strait up. She is very slim. She just started flowering today or in the next few days- which is a good week ahead of the less sensetive girls. Pretty good for how sativa she is.

So far they seem pretty stable without much pheno variation, all leaning more toward the swazi mom.

Last edited:

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thats it for now. My phone hates this website so I will have to upload some pics later when I am by a computer. Thank you bodhi for the chance to test these awsome genetics and thanks for looking everybody else!

ValleyKush

Veteran
Here is a Jahruba on the right and Swaziruba on the left- in the swamp.

Here is the other Jahruba. Much earlier flowering then most others.

The quality of the images got alot worse from camera to forum but if you look close they have gotten quite frosty already.

cripple_creek

Looking good man i'm jealous. Cant wait to see what they smoke like. Heard there is a mean diesel pheno in the jahruba. Best wishes bro.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Yeah, madhamish's looked and sounded like absolutly fire. Super blessed to be running these. Without a doubt can smell some diesel in there but they are soooo sweet too!
Thanks for stopping by.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Hey guys, welcome to the show.

So I smoked a quick dry sample of the black boxed swazi aruba and it was very complex, to say the least. Definitly up, slightly edgy, kinda introspective, foggyer then a thai but clearer then your average sativa dom hybrid and a electric body high. It still has a chill feel to it that you can easily sit around with but it certainly won't glue you to the couch. Not the most social or outgoing either though. As far a sativas go it seems to be in the middle of the road. Pretty well rounded smoke.

As far as quick dry, uncured goes- pretty strong and if it gets clearer with a cure it should be a treat!

ValleyKush

Veteran
Hey guys, chopped the jahruba and a pink lotus before a big storm got here a week ago and both girls smelling amazing! Suprisingly a pretty similar fruity perfume smell to them; the jah being more tropicaly with a sweeter banana undertone and a odd cat pissy sharp smell somewhere in there and the pink lotus is more floral perfume- more strait forward of a smell vs the depth of the jah. Both yeilded slightly above average with the jah being much denser and the pink lotus having giant, fluffy, pink hued nugs. (To clarify these were black boxed)

Jah

Pink lotus

ValleyKush

Veteran
Went to the swamp yesterday to check for bud rot after the week of rain we have had and almost none to speak of other then a tiny bit on some hfh gear thats almost ready to come down.

The faster jah is absolutly killing it! The frost is out of this world. Frostyest plant hands down.

Right to left- hp2, jahruba, bangi haze hiding in the back, pink lotus leaning hard from 50 mph gusts.

The jahs top cluster is so dense with branches it kindof scares me. A top of the tower mold palace waiting to happen. Lol
The swazi x aruba is stalling hard on flowering. Thought she was starting like the others but no pistil clusters yet- her, a panama and a malawi leaning voileta are the last to start.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Been smoking on the black boxed Jah and I must say, shes is quite irie. :rasta: Smoking a bowl almost puts you in a time vacuum of I don't give a fuck. A solid hour had went by after smoking the first bowl and I was sure only 20 min had gone by. My partner tends to get pretty paranoid with your average strain and he hasn't had any hint of paranoia for the past 4 or 5 days of smoking Jah. Definitely puts you in a agreeable mood, ready for what ever, not super motivating but certainly better then the first cut of Swazi for getting stuff done. And that's with basically zero cure.

Out of a 7 gal she pulled just over 6 oz while the pink lotus (which was right next to her) pulled 7 oz. Considering they were only receiving 9 hours of direct sun light by the end of it, I would consider her commercially viable.

I'd say that as of smoking one pheno each, the Jah fits my fancy better. The Swazi is a little too all over the place for me; I have yet to actually put my finger on a more narrow description of the high.

The swamp Swazi has started to throw pistils fast and has caught up with almost all of the quicker flowerers. If she keeps putting on weight as fast as she has in the past week she is going to be huge!:dance013:

Oh and one last thing, I have a Jah male that is a BOSS. So smelly that you don't even have to rub his stem to smell the sweet and sour stink coming off of him. Has second most flowers, only topped by a less smelly Jah and has an awesome branchy structure. He was used liberally on some of my favorite girls. :huggg:

ValleyKush

Veteran
The Jah has had avout a two week cure so we have started to break into it and it is quite enjoyable! She is very heady in a light sort of way. Almost floaty if my back wasn't achy. On that note- not much pain relief other then the I dont give a fuck attitude. I wouldn't call ber motivating, as I have no desire to leave the house other then go for a hike with some friends. :laughing: But she is great for chores around the house, very enjoyable to do things with your hands. There is a playfulness to the way she makes you think, almost poetic. My girlfriend said it makes her feel mischievious, which I assume is what I called playful. I think this might be a favorite for skiing this year.:woohoo:

She lasts 2-3 hours, which is well above average for me. The only down side is that with the long, strong high comes a sleepy, spacey come down.

ValleyKush

Veteran
The light dep swazi has only been curing for a week so she tastes of grass. But her smell has gone from mostly floral minty (think bee balm and echinacea) tea to having a bitter chocolatey top note with floral mint tea somewhere in the background.

The high is similar to Jah but with more of a cold, cleanness to her- no playfulness here. She is alot less floaty and more buzzy; in the front of my face vs the top of my skull. Not super awake but not particularly sleepy, wakes me up for a hour or so duration and then my eyes start to get heavy. Seems like my mood impacts how this one gets me high more then the Jah.

I like the jah alot more, so far the swazi hasnt fit my fancy. Early impression and only one pheno each so take it with a grain of salt.

ValleyKush

Veteran
She was black boxed from about june 15 - july 15 (started to hermi) and started showing signs of reveg around august 20. Just out of curiosity we let her keep going and chopped her 9/10. A week or so before we realized she was starting to reveg we estimated she had 3-4 weeks left. That would put her at 12 weeks of flower to finish.

We ended up losing 30% to rot, which isnt half bad consisering how much rain we have been getting and that all her energy was obviously going to new growth. She was pretty cool how seperate her new growth was to the old nugs. The rot was generously trimmed out so we knew it wouldnt come back while hanging so we could probly call it another 10% loss.

Total dry weight is 160g in a 7 gal. I would guess that she would have been hovering around atleast 12 oz if we would of blackboxed her perfectly. (I think a light leak caused her to hermi, although nobody else did) Most likely the only reason we got such a good yeild was because we pulled her top down and she spread out really nicely on her own, but either way she certainly yeilds as well if not better then jah.

ValleyKush

Veteran
One of the swazi boys is very interesting. He has really dense flower clusters that don't spread out when they open and really big sacs. The only other boy to have this big of sacs is a purple nl x bms and I was super suprised at how big they were when he started dropping. Both are hands down biggest I've seen. Pickles and diesel on the stem rub.