What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eagle20 not getting rid of PM? Help?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
So lets see....1 ml per gallon, foliar spray on leaves, 5 day foliar half life, 90% gone in 21 days...1 gallon will service how many plants in veg?...hmmm, what was the question again? Is Eagle safe? Where is the proof that it is not?....waiting...
i agreed with this statement until i saw the labs. i got much respect for your research and approach but in this case i think the labs speak for themselves and safe or not its there. youll find that when asked if people want to consume insignificant pharmeceutical grade fungicides in thier smoke thye will always say no. in oregon thats the question. but for now most labs dont test.

the one that really had me question the half life studies i also read, was that one gardener swabbed a trellis net after no spray in that room for months. he doesnt usually spray in that room and hed done so when he shut down and made it his veg room two rounds ago. the swabs were to look for bifenthrin contamination. they came back with 4 month old myclobutinil just from a surface swab.
he was not surprised but i was when he told me the timeline. he hadnt read the studies. i had. i wouldnt have guessed that would be present. it was and so was it on his flowers too. i agree it is likely safe and the levels are trace but im not the one smoking it or buying it.
i am of the new opinion it should be done on moms only. i also think it should be applied in an area that receives sunlight outdoors. uv is super critical in alot of chems halflife times.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Last E20 spray I did, I hat the walls and the fans, and the tables with that shit in hopes of killing what was laying around. But I still need to wipe my lights and other gear down.

ok i want to say i appreciate your honesty,

i also want to scream WTF? DUDE. No disrespect but it blows my mind to think you thought this was a good idea. But this is also something ive heard about and i want to address it.
eagle 20 is not a surface disinfectant and its dangerous and wreckless to use it as one, not to mention a waste of money and chems. its a controlled chemical and should be used as closely as its intended to be if it is to be used at all. just out of respect for the folks youve probably quietly decided to make this decision for. im not trying to hate and i understand the use but i think a real check in is in order now that we can answer these testing and plant residual questions with real data.

so for the record.
some things that do an amazing job for pennies on the dollar to clean non plant room surfaces.
no 1- washing with hot soapy water. its actually pretty effective especially if you include something like bleach or physan 20
no 2- bleach 10% in water as a disinfectant for clean surfaces. fill up atomizing fogger and leave the room. every square milimeter hit for pennies.
no 3- properly mixed physan 20 just as with bleach.
no 4- 70% rubbing alcohol spray bottle mist applied. dont use 95 or other undiluted ratios. it passes cell walls of pathogens easier with the 30 percent water. its more effective a lil dilute/.
pretty much i would advise against sulfur burning around expensive electrical equipment. for those of you with a heavy sulfur regimen go look at your exposed wires.
they are all coated in black corrosion. that includes tiny contacts inside sensitive equipment too.
it does work though.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
oh and hot ass tap water. mine comes out at 145 if i crank it. a soak in that temp will kill anything i know of. bugs included.

TheArchitect

Veteran
i agreed with this statement until i saw the labs. i got much respect for your research and approach but in this case i think the labs speak for themselves and safe or not its there. youll find that when asked if people want to consume insignificant pharmeceutical grade fungicides in thier smoke thye will always say no. in oregon thats the question. but for now most labs dont test.

the one that really had me question the half life studies i also read, was that one gardener swabbed a trellis net after no spray in that room for months. he doesnt usually spray in that room and hed done so when he shut down and made it his veg room two rounds ago. the swabs were to look for bifenthrin contamination. they came back with 4 month old myclobutinil just from a surface swab.
he was not surprised but i was when he told me the timeline. he hadnt read the studies. i had. i wouldnt have guessed that would be present. it was and so was it on his flowers too. i agree it is likely safe and the levels are trace but im not the one smoking it or buying it.
i am of the new opinion it should be done on moms only. i also think it should be applied in an area that receives sunlight outdoors. uv is super critical in alot of chems halflife times.

Can we get some photos of these test results. Redact whatever needs to be and please post them, also post what the regimen of application was too as that is very important to know.

Much appreciated.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i am not sure i can get that. i can ask. and i know that makes this anecdotal as far as youre concerned but i promise youll see more of this as 2015 plays out this is just starting to happen here and itll likely get more airtime. they only recently got the ability to even test it so im going to be one of many apologies for nothing but "beleive me bro" to go on. but others on here that know me know im not juving and i have no dog in the race at this point. i dont think chems are evil and if it doesnt show up in the flower i dont see anything wrong for the customer (the applicator bears the most exposure risk imo). that said, it is showing up. i would love to do a test thread. spray with the most accepted regimen of chems that most say is the safe veg modest normal dose and test it.
id actually be willing to document that.
what do you guys think of
in veg 10 days prior to flip. eagle sprayed at 2.5 mils pergal.
avid same
forbid 1.2 mils pre
pylon
1 mil
kontos 1 mil
imidicloprid one standard dose.
submit with control flowers after harvest.
document spray submission and results.
ill put up and get real.
anyone in the oregon are wants to do a test of sprayed flowers hit me with a pm. (private message lol)
sorry if my last comment came off dickish. we are all learning.
lets learn, this is easy to get to the bottom of without unsubstantiated stories.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
as far as actual safety i wouldnt even enter that debate. but if its on the test results it aint going in my regimen. people dont want to see that at all. for the record the levels of eeagle 20 were small i can ask what they were but i dont know that ill get access to the labs.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I would love to see actual cannabis test results--especially at 2.5ml/gallon rate (2.5x suggested rate of 1 ml/gallon). It would give us an idea of true residual of myclobutanil--and cease all this "bro-science" bullshit. Especially the residual numbers between "leaves sprayed" (while in veg) and "harvested buds" (not sprayed).

No offense, but to say one saw tests results for myclobutanil residual...and then not know what the numbers were, does not further this discussion very well.

For the record, it has been years since I used Eagle20 and I have zero PM issues...I attribute my success to healthy plants and "clean room" style of housekeeping.

TheArchitect

Veteran
i am not sure i can get that. i can ask. and i know that makes this anecdotal as far as youre concerned but i promise youll see more of this as 2015 plays out this is just starting to happen here and itll likely get more airtime. they only recently got the ability to even test it so im going to be one of many apologies for nothing but "beleive me bro" to go on. but others on here that know me know im not juving and i have no dog in the race at this point. i dont think chems are evil and if it doesnt show up in the flower i dont see anything wrong for the customer (the applicator bears the most exposure risk imo). that said, it is showing up. i would love to do a test thread. spray with the most accepted regimen of chems that most say is the safe veg modest normal dose and test it.
id actually be willing to document that.
what do you guys think of
in veg 10 days prior to flip. eagle sprayed at 2.5 mils pergal.
avid same
forbid 1.2 mils pre
pylon
1 mil
kontos 1 mil
imidicloprid one standard dose.
submit with control flowers after harvest.
document spray submission and results.
ill put up and get real.
anyone in the oregon are wants to do a test of sprayed flowers hit me with a pm. (private message lol)
sorry if my last comment came off dickish. we are all learning.
lets learn, this is easy to get to the bottom of without unsubstantiated stories.

None of your comments come off dickish, I'm jenuwinely interested in finding out about this. I sprayed not long ago with the equvilent of ~300-400mg of avtive over 200sqft of canopy and I'd really like to know what kind of residual that could possibly leave after 50-60 days and a ton of new plant matter.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
If one assumes the foliar half-life for myclobutinil is 5 days...and the time you are measuring is 50 days, then there are "10 half-lives" which means 99.9023% has decayed...or 0.0977% remains. If the half-life was 10 day half-life then at 50 days there would only be "5 half-lives" and the numbers would be 96.8750% and 3.1250% respectively.

The following table might help visualize this better.

The left table is 5 day half-life and the right table is 10 days.
picture.php

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
If one assumes the foliar half-life for myclobutinil is 5 days...and the time you are measuring is 50 days, then there are "10 half-lives" which means 99.9023% has decayed...or 0.0977% remains. If the half-life was 10 day half-life then at 50 days there would only be "5 half-lives" and the numbers would be 96.8750% and 3.1250% respectively.

The following table might help visualize this better.

The left table is 5 day half-life and the right table is 10 days.
View Image

doesnt apply without uv light.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I would love to see actual cannabis test results--especially at 2.5ml/gallon rate (2.5x suggested rate of 1 ml/gallon). It would give us an idea of true residual of myclobutanil--and cease all this "bro-science" bullshit. Especially the residual numbers between "leaves sprayed" (while in veg) and "harvested buds" (not sprayed).

No offense, but to say one saw tests results for myclobutanil residual...and then not know what the numbers were, does not further this discussion very well.

fair enough. i dont have the actual numbers and i ll try to see if i can get access to the report.
i do remember they were trace numbers and werent alarming.
i honestly wasnt concerned by the very low numbers i saw. they were very very very low.
my point was that the fact thatwe were seeing them flew i the faceof the half life info that i had read.
the trellis netting swab numbers were low but present after 4 months. doesnt match up with the data,
dont take my word for it.
you dont have to. send cotton ball swabs to the lab and see if they ping up yourself.
im assuming youll find it from what i was observing.
i am just trying to share what i saw becuase t was divergent from thte widely accepted assumed half life numbers that youll find in the research. that research was not done in an indoor environment.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran

For the record, it has been years since I used Eagle20 and I have zero PM issues...I attribute my success to healthy plants and "clean room" style of housekeeping.
ill see what i can do.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran

Oh I think everyone that ended up using Eagle20 did not want to use neither; I turned to it as a last resort--not as my first choice. So, on the occasions when EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS...and a "big gun" is needed, IMHO, responsible use is mandatory and "knowledge is important"; misinformation and falsehood can only lead to disaster--and sometimes it can be worse than having "no information" at all.

Hence the pleas for not more than 1ml/gallon, apply as a foliar spray, and only in veg--never in flower (since myclobutanil has almost zero translaminar properties when applied as a foliar spray).

Like I said...seems that "bro-science" and "stoner-logic" are in conflict with Eagle20's "real facts" .