What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's using 10,000K MH Bulbs to Finish?

medicalmj

Veteran
Couple questions to anyone who's doing (or tried) switching to a 10,000K MH bulb at the end of flower?

1. What would you say is the ideal time as a percentage of overall flower time, i.e. 6th week of 8 weeker would be 100*(6/8) would be after 75% of flower stage.

2) What results did you get?

Thanks,

vostok

Veteran
Not impossible, but not desirable either, include some red light of the 2700k light, even a couple of old incandescents will give those emerging trics some useful 'red' band light'
otherwise you are right off score, such a shame too, considering all the effort you made?

go the full 8 weeks maybe even more like 10-12 weeks depending on strain

gmanwho

Veteran
Bought the solis tek 600mh 10k bulbs. I am gonna have them vert in between the parabolic hoods w/8 1000 hortiluxs.

the 600mh's will be on a flip box. 16 bulbs or so flipping every 3 hours it think. orrrrrrrrr they come on about 2 hours after lights on. run for 4 hrs, flip to other side for another 4 hours, then shut down 2 hours before sunset.this room will be compared to my 8 e-papillon room , and shown side by side in the forums here as well.

the room with the 10k bulbs is about 3-4 weeks out from starting. the e-papilon room is on 2nd run.

basfe

HUGE

Veteran
I have ran them 1 to every 4 HP's all the way through. And also just using it at the end. So far I love it.

Ranger

Bought the solis tek 600mh 10k bulbs. I am gonna have them vert in between the parabolic hoods w/8 1000 hortiluxs.

the 600mh's will be on a flip box. 16 bulbs or so flipping every 3 hours it think. orrrrrrrrr they come on about 2 hours after lights on. run for 4 hrs, flip to other side for another 4 hours, then shut down 2 hours before sunset.this room will be compared to my 8 e-papillon room , and shown side by side in the forums here as well.

the room with the 10k bulbs is about 3-4 weeks out from starting. the e-papilon room is on 2nd run.

basfe

those a great bulbs, i use the sun pulse 400 watt 10ks, they are the same as solis tek bulbs since they began working together on the e-bulbs they both sell. solis tek doesn't offer a 10k 400 watt bulb and their 6k is not nearly the bulb as the 10k in the 400 watt range.

you should run them the same duration as the sodium bulbs to make them comparable.

gmanwho

Veteran
solis tek doesn't offer a 10k 400 watt bulb and their 6k is not nearly the bulb as the 10k in the 400 watt range.

you should run them the same duration as the sodium bulbs to make them comparable.

the 600's will be flipping while the 1000's stay on 12/12.

maybe i am misreading this, are you stating that the 600 10k is not as good as the 400 10k??? does the 400 produce a different light spectrum?? im very curious on your thoughts an explanation as to why.

bsafe

Ranger

the 600's will be flipping while the 1000's stay on 12/12.

maybe i am misreading this, are you stating that the 600 10k is not as good as the 400 10k??? does the 400 produce a different light spectrum?? im very curious on your thoughts an explanation as to why.

bsafe

ok i see what you're working on, i misunderstood the light schedule.

as far as the bulbs solis tek doesn't make a 400 watt 10k bulb and their 400 watt 6k bulb has a little more shift to blue than i'm looking for. i'm going 10k to come into the violet range a little stronger.

the 600 watt 10k is a fine bulb just wish they made a 400 watt 10k bulb is what i'm saying.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm a sucker for their sales pitch and I bought one and tried it a couple of times but didn't see anything noticeable.

I did determine that I prefer to run MH straight thru flower. I hate the color of sodium bulbs and I feel like I get more frost with the MH.

I might sacrifice a bit of yield but I grow for my head.

10 week glue
picture.php

cookies
picture.php

Ranger

you shouldn't suffer any loss of yield using full spectrum lighting. more stretch from red only flowering does not equal more weight, just more stretch.

besides that, plants use what they want to use of the available light spectrum's we give them, not a penny more or less. it's equivalent to giving your plant all the resources it could use and letting it decide what and when to use it. verses forcing it to get by on just the red spectrum.

medicalmj

Veteran
...I feel like I get more frost with the MH...

That's the reasoning behind it, to get the buds frostier. So it sounds like it does work.

Also, I have two trays each with a 1k over them and they are staggered so they are one month apart. I harvest a table every month. So I am also getting wider spectrum since the light blends together.

cannacultural

Haven't tried this yet, but am about to give it a shot. Have run the 600w MH SolisTek 10K week 1-2 through stretch, then switched to 600w HPS SolisTek week 3-7, then gonna switch back to the 10K MH week 8-10. Haven't run this setup before so won't be able to do a proper comparison (yet). Just trying out what SolisTek recommend, and seems like some of you guys agree

fabvariousk

Veteran
I veg with 1000 watt 10k bulbs paired with a 400 watt hps and it rules.
I used to have a 10k in my flowering room but started getting hermis until i switched back to all hps. I think i will personally stay within 2-4 k for flowering regardless of bulb type.

Ranger

I was under the impression its best to finish with more red.

more red, as in much of what you hear, does offer extra stem growth (stretch), but it would be difficult to convince myself that it equals more usable product.

also note- plants can utilize red easier verses violets, so it would make more sense to beef up the violets during flowering verses beefing up the reds too much or as an isolated source.

dickhd

ur a tard

ur a tard

Not impossible, but not desirable either, include some red light of the 2700k light, even a couple of old incandescents will give those emerging trics some useful 'red' band light'
otherwise you are right off score, such a shame too, considering all the effort you made?

what do u think bloom 10 k lamp uses it full spec just adds more uv

u fuking tard

dickhd

basfe

they don't run vertical horizontal use email maker of bulbs they don't back bulb if run vert u faking tard do some reading most people on this board are obviously imbred