What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Grow Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
hey,

6 oz. = 177.441178125 ml , isn't it?

sorry I'm metric:biggrin:

:tiphat:
Old question :D
BIG QUESTION: Are we talking British Imperial fluid ounces or U.S. fluid ounces?
Because mine are in 150 gram yoghurt cups which is, at a density of 1.05 for yoghurt, 143 ml at soil/yoghurt level (not brimful) corresponding to 5.03 UK oz or 4.84 US oz. BTW 'ml' means 'millilitre', a metric volume ;) .
For those privileged ones not having to use conversion tables (like most of the world): 6 'generic' oz may be 170.5 ml or 177.4 ml, respectively.

Got to organise bigger yoghurt cups...
And Avi's reply:
I officially feel stupid....
i dunno if the extra 7mL extra rootmass will make a difference...

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
the Greenhouse and one of the Seedsman beans decided that they didn't wanna play so i'm only doing two this round

here they are at 9 days (yesterday)

and i put my drip system together ........

1x maxi-jet pump model MJ 500 480L/h
1x 1/2" hose (from hydrofarm) 31" / 79cm long
1x 1/2" plug/end cap
2x 1/4" hose (the hard plastic stuff) 29" / 74cm long
2x 1/4" barbed couplers

looks like this assembled ........

i put it in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid that the frame that holds the cups is attached to. start small but drill a hole in the plug/end cap so that the flow at the ends of the 2 1/4" lines if what you want it to be (i ended up with a 15/64" hole but every pump is going to be different) what i was looking for was about 3 oz./90 ml in 30 seconds. having some kind of rig to hold everything in place when you are doing adjustments makes this whole project really easy

mine looks like this ........

once i had that done i built some drip rings which i will post in a couple minutes:ying:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran

there is an extra piece of tubing and an old drip ring in the pic but i used

4x pieces of 1/4" line 6 1/4"/16 cm long (the soft stuff)
4x 1/4" barbed T's
$3.56 worth of dry ice

i tried drills and dremmels to make the holes in the drip rings but they always left burrs or holes that were so inconsistent in size that water would drip from the bigger two or three but not water the whole container. let that poly line sit on dry ice for a couple minutes and those problems go away:biggrin: i put 5 7/64" holes in each ring
BTW being able to drill clean holes makes making a drip ring real easy in every size pot and with every size line. just sayin
..... and the drip rings look like this

thats it. hook that pump up to an ART-DNe timer and i'll be able to give the plants what they need when they need it. i'll be setting up a second one for night watering just to make sure they don't dry out but it is exactly the same system that i ran in the last round minus one plant site:ying:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Nice rig EnA. So the yogis go in the beer cups? Or are the cups for demo purposes only?

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Nice rig EnA. So the yogis go in the beer cups? Or are the cups for demo purposes only?

the original set up was made for beer cups, i got bullshit lucky and the yogurt cups fit without having to modify anything. the beer cups are only there while i'm dialing the flow rate because they hold more so they have to be emptied less.

Waldgeist

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EnA[/FONT],

thanks for posting your setup!

:biggrin:

I buy some joghurt tomorrow

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I think Ill do something similar, though way more ghetto, than what you've got EnA.
Ill blackout a plastic container, cut holes in the lid and run a tube to introduce o2 and circulate the nute solution.

Babies.

picture.php

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
$3.56 worth of dry ice

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55195&pictureid=1295380&"]View Image[/URL]

i tried drills and dremmels to make the holes in the drip rings but they always left burrs or holes that were so inconsistent in size that water would drip from the bigger two or three but not water the whole container. let that poly line sit on dry ice for a couple minutes and those problems go away:biggrin: i put 5 7/64" holes in each ring
BTW being able to drill clean holes makes making a drip ring real easy in every size pot and with every size line. just sayin
..... and the drip rings look like this

:ying:
i had the same problem drilling holes in the lines.
i like the dry ice method ,ill have to try it next time:tiphat:

Waldgeist

Ok brothers:biggrin:

What is needed?

seed, monte, spoon, media

picture.php

step 1:

put away the seed and the media, not the monte, nor the spoon!

picture.php

step 2:

open the monte carefully, put the spoon into it and start eating it slowly(dont forget to blend the two parts as you like, there is also additional schoko sauce available...)

picture.php

done:

picture.php

Waldgeist

step 3:

drill drain holes, put in media(Topora/Perlite) and seed.

Seed is ACE Zamal Hash (Zamal x Hashplant90) feminized.

picture.php

step 4:

water in with 15/10/15 (2) ec 0,8; ph 6,1

picture.php

When done, eat another monte or drink a beer to confirm your own work.

be patient.

:biggrin::tiphat:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey bug those lime cookies x bubba are little stubborn and fresh. If that don't crack for ya try the gsc x ogk x bubba those popped off the branch. Lol

Mikenite69

Veteran
I'm in

I'm in

Here are my 2 yogi cups have to get more. They are gonna be filled with roots organic coco. One cup I'll be growing a lime cookies x bubba F2 or a lime kush fem bean next cup will be cannaventure cookie mix in which I made the cross. I found a lemon Larry leaning male and hit up a unique smelling frosty female I exspect this cross to be dank!!!

Hopefully I'll have time to get a couple more yogis from the store so I can put a couple more plants into the lineup.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Actually changed my lineup lol. I actually just dropped paradise seeds belladonna fem and a lime kush fem made by jaws.

If I get some more yogis I'll drop some more beans just wanted to make sure I had some females in the mix. I'll update some pics once seeds have poked above coco.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
germinating some seeds today....
some will def go into yogi cups.

I'm thinking this Twista x Bubblegum will go in the yogi cups, perhaps also an OGK x Dieselrella or 2....

looking good everyone, keep up the updates, it's not to late to enter

Status
Not open for further replies.