What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What about Iran?

Ganja baba

Veteran
thanks Elmar yes Vavilov was the keyword

here some text i found on icmag about him and afghan sativas link below

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=25927

makes me think about how indicas and sativas got named again
Lineé and Vavilov somebody one should know for sure.

Mate what a great read love your direction on this .and love the text from zamilto
When I traveled India I noticed even in the hot flat lands , wide leaves and very narrow leaves , when I say wide I mean wide ish def not sativa but not full indica , and then there was one In between not so wide not so thin ,
All three strains grew side by side , you would assume all were different phenos of the same verity , which they may well be , what I noticed and was told by locals was the short one flowers and finishes well before the tall one flowers and finishes , and the mixed looking pheno goes either way mixing with both .
I just find it increadable in the heat plains of Punjab short for sure indica dom plants grow side by side to sativas and never mix such is the diversity of our ganja .
Afghanistan used to also be part of Punjab . In India there is so much wild weed I could not imagine it originating from any where else to be honest .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day GB

Can`t give a source .
I think its Rob Clarke , and or Sam I got that idea from .

The hash makers story I read in RC Clarkes book : Hashish .
Seems Zamalito read it too .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

H

Hashash

actually i didnt want to mix up this thread even more but i cant deny since it has gotten a bit historically
that it all belongs together anyway and being also interested in the history a bit so why not.

so what Elmar is referring to is the Persian Empire?
but how is Punjab connected to Afghanistan baba?

i cant understand though why that should be so important to point out..
boarders are dynamic some fortunately resolve others sadly come or come again...

many new have come in the past... here a link i have stumbled upon today click

i think and hope that cannabis has the potential to grow us back together.
and if its not just for the sake of the plant but also for the sake of understanding
in the need of each other.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Hashash

Cyrus the Great .
Didn`t have a long rule . But when he was boss of Persia its domain rivaled the hey days of the Romans for territory under control . He ranged wide .

Cyrus II of Persia (Old Persian: KUURUUSHA[4] Kūruš; New Persian: کوروش Kurosh  ; c. 600 or 576 – 530 BC),[5] commonly known as Cyrus the Great [6] (Persian: کوروش بزرگ‎‎, Kourosh-e-Bozorg) and also called Cyrus the Elder by the Greeks, was the founder of the Achaemenid Empire.[7] Under his rule, the empire embraced all the previous civilized states of the ancient Near East,[7] expanded vastly and eventually conquered most of Southwest Asia and much of Central Asia and the Caucasus. From the Mediterranean Sea and Hellespont in the west to the Indus River in the east, Cyrus the Great created the largest empire the world had yet seen.[8] Under his successors, the empire eventually stretched from parts of the Balkans (Bulgaria-Paeonia) and Thrace-Macedonia in the west, to the Indus Valley in the east. His regal titles in full were The Great King, King of Persia, King of Anshan, King of Media, King of Babylon, King of Sumer and Akkad, and King of the Four Corners of the World.
The reign of Cyrus the Great lasted between 29 and 31 years. Cyrus built his empire by conquering first the Median Empire, then the Lydian Empire and eventually the Neo-Babylonian Empire. Either before or after Babylon, he led an expedition into central Asia, which resulted in major campaigns that were described as having brought "into subjection every nation without exception".[9] Cyrus did not venture into Egypt, as he himself died in battle, fighting the Massagetae along the Syr Darya in December 530 BC.[10][11] He was succeeded by his son, Cambyses II, who managed to add to the empire by conquering Egypt, Nubia, and Cyrenaica during his short rule.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Iran is in the northern hemisphere and on a similar latitude to mid atlantic states. It must be similar.

Iran stamp in your passport will bring extra attention.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Iran is in the northern hemisphere and on a similar latitude to mid atlantic states. It must be similar.

G `day Zeez

Lose or destroy the pass port with the Republic of Iran stamp .
Replacement not expensive .

Outside the USA much less paranoia about Islam . Less likely to check where you have travelled on a data base .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hi Elmer, I had one from a dicey north African country that routinely caused a hassle. Iran is a whole another level of drawing attention.

riddly

i guess it'll have to be somewhere between september and october

i wonder if there's a sort of chart where one can kinda have a reference of harvest time/months for each and every latitude

Elmer Bud

Veteran
i guess it'll have to be somewhere between september and october

i wonder if there's a sort of chart where one can kinda have a reference of harvest time/months for each and every latitude

G`day Riddly

Day length ...
Indicas need 13 hours or less to flower .

Harvest for hash is later than for sensimilla . Over in Balk Afghanistan harvest can be Oct / Nov .

Can`t make hash till there is very low humidity in winter .

Look up RC Clarke`s book Hashish for more details .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

riddly

Morning Elmer, thanks for the info. The places of Iran i'm looking at are very similar to the place i live climate-wise. Also, where i live harvest time is september (not even the end of september) and the latitude is the same of the places in iran i was thinking of, so , though the flowering is 13 weeks, i'd still reckon they'd be done by mid october. those places are further down than the balkh region in afghanistan for example and are more desert-like rather than mountainous. my bet is that they'll be finished by mid october, not later than that. I'll try and find Clarke's book.

Thank you :tiphat:

Day length ...
Indicas need 13 hours or less to flower .

Harvest for hash is later than for sensimilla . Over in Balk Afghanistan harvest can be Oct / Nov .

Can`t make hash till there is very low humidity in winter .

Look up RC Clarke`s book Hashish for more details .

Thanks for sharin

EB .[/QUOTE]

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
WOW... iran.affy... u guys sure are pickin the garden spots of the world to visit.. why not include a bus trip thru syria:comfort:

riddly

i reckon iran has a big biodiversity in itself as it borders azerbaijan northwest iraq wwest saudi arabia south pakistan south east and afghanistan northeast. it's a vast land and has high mountains plateuax, desert-like climates, rivers, lakes, and pathes of green here and there

riddly

could you say something else about Iran? have you been there? If so, which places have you visited? Am toying with the idea of going between beginning of september and back by mid october. you think is a good time? or better going end of october and back end of november?

cheers

Most fertile land in the whole middle east... oh weeeee

XXX_710

Limolax, thank you for telling us a little about what it's like in Iran. Obviously, folks on here have a lot to learn. I'd love to come visit you someday.

I fell in love with the Iranian people and culture when taking Farsi language classes. I need to brush up on my Farsi, and going there would be a great opportunity to practice in country. In the US, especially not the big cities, it's hard to find anyone to speak Farsi with. Hopefully, someday soon I can visit your beautiful country and smoke its world-class hashish.

Our hearts are with the people of Iran.
Higher times are around the corner!

Latest posts

Latest posts