What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Ontario strains?

Crom

Can anyone suggest some strains that will grow well and fast in Ontario (outdoors)? I'm looking at some of Nirvana's strains (big selection and cheap). Also what month/time do you guys plant?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr. Smoke

AK99 X Freezeland
Indica/sativa, in/out
Artists and sativa lovers will appreciate this fine outdoor hybrid. The plants get branchy with loads of lemony/piney buds.Harvest 1st week of October, ±50 days

*Freeze Berlin
Freezeland bx X Berlin
Mostly Indica, in/out
Popular Berlin cut dusted with a fast flowering Freezeland bx.
Harvest end of september, ±50 days

*Blue Freeze
Blueberry X Freezeland
mostly Indica, in/out
The Blue Freeze is a good outdoor plant that provides decent quantity of quality buds. It is a hardy plant that can take lower amount of nutriments. The smell is piney with undertones of sweetness. Fruity smoke with a good body high. Harvest 1st week of October, ±60 days

*Blue39
Blueberry X M39
mostly Indica, indoor
Vigorous F1 that gives high yield of super potent and stinky buds.
Good for hydroponics. ±55 days

*Mighty39
Mighty Mite X M39
Mostly Indica, in/out
Good choice for the indica lovers. Can be grow outdoor aswell as indoor. All specimens give out dense and sticky buds with a pungent blend of skunky and earthy-grapy fragrance. Good yield and potency.Harvest end of september, ±50 days

*Mighty Durban (Limited,Wont be available again)
Mighty Mite X Durban
Indica/sativa, in/out
Mighty Durban is an excellent choice for the outdoor gardener searching for an early but sativa influenced plant. It is a vigorous and hardy hybrid that also has a very good mold resistance. The buds get thick and covered of pungent resin. Good yielder.
Harvest end of September, ±60 days

The Black (New Addition)
The black is an f4 with a backcross at F2. This is an outdoor strain that finishes in Sept. The Mom (f3)was harvested Sept 15. The plants produce huge long hard frosty buds that will turn dark purple and then black with harvest time aproching. Keep these in full sun if you can, but very important to have them in full sun before 8 am when the buds are forming or there could be severe mold problems.The Black is potent and used for pain management. People have found themselves wondering around town after consuming too much.

*Swt#3 x California Indica
Indoor 50-60 Days
Outside Late September - Early October
This cross produces a main dominant cola type plant. There are 2 main phenos present. The smells range from grapefruit thru skunky hash to cherry. The Sweet Tooth pheno has a good even stone, good for anytime while the California Indica Pheno is more couchy.

*Guerilla Gold#2
Early Gold x (Afghan x Mighty Mite) F5
A short and very early outdoor strain. GG#2 will develop chunky buds that are covered in trichome’s in the heat of the summer. The buds have sweet spice/seasoning smell and deliver a strong, long-lasting and unique high. Harvest end of August.

*Guerilla Gold#5
Early Gold x (Afghan x Mighty Mite) F5
GG#5 is the newest GG line available. An extremely early and potent strain. Stout plants, buds are solid; trichome covered and delivers a heavy, but mind-warping high. The flowers emit a greasy and acidic sweet seasoning smell that is very attractive. Harvest end of August to the first week of September.

*GG#3 x Jam Donut
Taller, larger yielding GG plants with a relaxing and mellow stone. Some of these will branch heavily and produce a significant early yield. It doesn’t quite have the potency of the other GG lines, but it is still quite satisfying and the taste is great. The smells range from sweet spice, to fruity perfume, to jam donuts. Harvest from the end of August to the second week of September.

*Manitoba Medicine
(Freezeland bx X GG#2) x GG#2
MM is a short and solid Indica that finishes very early outdoors. This outdoor strain is ridiculously potent and tasty. The buds are very frosty and sticky and often have a sweet piney smell and taste. This strain delivers an immediate mind-blowing stone and the sweet piney taste is intoxicating. This is great early medicine for outdoor growers. Harvest end of August to the first week of September,

*Guerilla Gold x Cinderella 99
outdoor harvest - end of august / 3rd week of sept.
Some pretty potent plants coming from this strain, great stone

*Congolese X Guerilla Gold
Harvest-Early to mid sept. Yeild-2-3oz per plant
Wonderful fruity taste ,very dank fruity smell
Great soaring stone I love this stuff.
Done by mid sept with the most sativa ones going a bit longer but worth the wait for sure

*Guerilla Gold F5
Harvest outdoor-End of August, early Sept
Yield- 2oz.per plant
it produces short plants with big central main buds and short and heavy side branches, Great for making hybrids with later strains

*Manitoba Madness
Harvest-End of August/mid Sept. Yeild-3-4oz per plant. a heavy dank fruity fuelish smell, the buds have an excellent fruity taste. BEWARE this is a very stinky strain

*Mighty Durban X C99/Guerilla gold
harvest from end of august to the end of sept
a really Big, thick stalked male mighty Durban dusted little C99/GG females, expect variation in this strain but is should produce some fantastic smoke as quality parents were used,

D

danny karey

strains i've grown in ontario

strains i've grown in ontario

- Snow white - top shelf quality, very stable, great yeild, crazy amount of trichomes, fast flowering.. end of september
- Early Misty - very good quality, little variation, very sticky, fast flowering around middle of september.
- AK48 - good quality, medium yeild, finished up 2nd week of october.
- White Rhino - excellent quality, good yeild, about 2nd week of october

hope this helps
stay safe

D

danny karey

I planted at different times

I planted at different times

I started moms indoors, in spots that were very secluded i would plant clones around first or second week of june, in spots on public places i planted kind of late ....around end of july early august to keep plants short with out to much training.

good luck
danny karey

Crom

Thanks fellas, I appreciate your suggestions.

mr.smoke where can you get some of the strains you listed?

Buddle

Veteran
Crom..I have grown many of the strains suggested by Mr. Smoke...and plenty of $150/pk seeds.IMO the strains listed by Mr Smoke were superior in every way.
One of the most important factors in strain selection is..Is it ideal for the location? Will it finish w/o molding etc? As Smoke said these are tried and tested to perfection in Canada..Highly recommended.lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts