What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Up in smoke... Sativa Soul's Reports

Sativa Soul

I'd been thinking about starting a thread about what I smoke here in the small Belgium. I'll update this thread every time I come across a new strain and I will try to include pics as much as possible. The strains discussed will be commercial and homegrown. I'll try to give them a score from 1 to 10 based on general smoking pleasure. Taste, smell, appearance, potency and high are some of the criteria used to judge the general smoking pleasure. I judge them pretty strict so you'll rarely see high scores. I'm also pretty bad at describing things, especially in english but I'll do my best.
The names of the strains aren't often included. I have no idea why but it seems like people don't really know to much about cannabis in general here in Belgium and even Holland. For them it's just weed. Unless it's Amnesia or White Widow or something. Then you'll know from a mile away. I hate this hyping around strains. But maybe I'm expecting too much of the common stoner here. Maybe I should spend a litlle less time on these forums. :bashhead:

But first a little more info on the situation here.
I live in the center of Belgium and finding decent weed has become hard in my town since a year or two. Not that there aint any good weed available but there are hardly any dealers left in town. This is bad for both quality and amount. A few years back you could buy between 3-4 grams of very good quality, nicely dried and cured weed for around €15. Now you'll be lucky if you get 2 grams of mid grade weed. Quality really went down the last 4 years. But as belgian's we're lucky as the Netherlands are our neighbours so when times are really bad you can always go to Holland for some coffeshop weed. But prices there are skyrocketing lately so I don't like to go there too much.
Now I'm lucky 'cause I have a good friend who was a dealer for some time but now only sells to his close friends. He's one of the only persons I know in town where you ALLWAYS get high quality weed. The prices vary between €6 - €9 a gram but it has been dried and cured very good, not to mention the quality. And another thing I like is the strains constantly change. I like variation and it's good for tolerance as well. BUT since some time I can come with him to his dealer and that's where all the fun starts. Great weed and low prices. And always a dozen strains, both weed and hash.
But the greatest thing is that since quality and availability has gone down a lot of people have started growing themselves. I remember a few years back I allmost didn't know any growers in my area. Now every years there'smore and more of them. Let's overgrow this planet!

Now let's start the reporting with a few things I have lying around here. Lately it has been mostly strong sativa's. Mostly Hazes and such.

The first one is what I'm smoking right now. I was told it was Haze but I think it's more a Haze/Skunk hybrid or something. I cannot seem to upload any pics for the moment so I'll inlude them later.

Appearance: Most buds are pretty big. The calyx to leaf ratio if pretty good. You can see this as the bigger buds are hardly manicured. There's only a few leaves there which have lot of trichomes on them. The buds aren't as fluffy as pure Hazes but still remind me of it. Lot's of trichomes as well. It's not fully covered but the trichomes are pretty big.

Smell: The smell is pretty strong on this one. You can definetely smell some Haze in it but there's is a much stronger skunky smell to it.

Taste: The taste is mostly the same as smell. It's a little spicy with a deep skunky flavour. I like the smell and taste but they're nothing really special.

Potency: The potency is pretty good. I would give it at around 7.5/10. 10 being the strongest I ever smoked. It get's you pretty high and a lot of my friends who aren't used to constantly smoking high grade are really wasted after smoking it. They'd give it more like 8-9.

Effect: Well this is my favourite part since no high is the same. Even the same bud can give you different effects when smoked at another time during the day. The high comes up a little faster then average. In the beginning it's mostly in the head and a little racy. This takes around 10 minutes. It makes you think pretty good, and lots of ideas can come up. The first part can be a litlle hard to really chill out if you smoked quite a lot. After a while the racy parts slows down and everything gets nice and mellow and the high gets balanced. I duration of the high is also a little longer then average. Around 2 hours of decently being stoned. Which is quite long for me.

Smoke: The smoke is not really harsh, but this one feels like it has been fed to it's limit. Properly flushed and such but something tells me it's been pushed to where it is. This is one of the major downsides of the bud but it doesn't really bother me. And I don't think the average stoner would even notice.

The overall score I give this bud is 7/10. Which is a pretty good score. I will rarely if never give a 10. 8 & 9 are top favourites. A very nice smoke in general. I think a lot of people in my neighbourhood would be very pleased if they could smoke this every day.
Pics
22732DSCN2254.JPG

22732DSCN2256.JPG

The second strain is something I bought a month or two back. In a bag of 2 mixed strains. One was NLX I was told, the other he had no name of. This one is the no named one, I liked it best of both (I'll do a report on the NLX later). ALthough it was a little less potent.

Appearance: The pics speak for themselves. I find it to be some very beautiful buds. Looks pretty sativa to me. Lot's of trichomes and I really like the colour as well.

Smell: The smell on this one I found very special. It had this deep, inscense-like, meditative smell. It immediatly reminded me of countries like India. Really something totally different than I'm used to. Scoring big points here. Only smelling it just makes you want to go sit somewhere alone in a very nice place and meditate (while smoking offcourse)

Taste: Taste is again pretty the same as smell. Very special and hard to describe.

Potency: The potency on this one was a little bit less than the NLX that was in the same bag. To me it would have been 4/10 which is still not as bad as it looks on the scale. Weed doesn't have to be really potent for me. As long as I enjoy smoking it.

Effects: The effects are pretty balanced. No real couchlock, but not really heady as well. Nothing really special here.

Smoke: The smoke was really smooth. A little expanding and nice thick, hash like smoke.

My overall score would be around 5.5/10 maybe even 6. You see while the previous strain was allmost twice as potent it's still close to it in overall smoking pleasure.
The pics:
22732DSCN1864.JPG

22732DSCN1866.JPG

Well this were my first reports. Hope to see you soon!

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Here's the report on the NLX which was in the same bag as the previously reported strain.

Appearance: Typical appearance for most commercial weed here. NLX is probably one of the most commercialized strains around here so that's pretty obvious.

Smell: Typical "green" smell most NL crosses have. Again typically commercial. This one smelled a little fresher than most commercial weed here.

Potency: Potency on this one was above average. 6/10. With most commercial weed you find here lying between 3 and 5.

Effect: This one was more of an indica and was pretty couchlocking. Again same effects as typical NLX and other mid grade commercials you find here.

Smoke: Pretty smooth smoke again and probably from the same grower(s) as the other strain in the bag. They have some similarities in the feeling of their smoke. Pretty clean if you ask me.

Overall Score: 5/10
22732DSCN1860.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

This report will be on a strain I've been smoking last month. It's some very purple outdoor homegrown. I got it from a friend. The strain doesn't really have a name. He bred it himself with some bagseed from last year. Flower started way too late for our location so the weather kept them from full potential.

Appearance: Well the appearance of the bud is lovely because of the purple colors. It's a very indica plant, with very wide leaves and the nugs are quite hard on this plant. Fair amount of resin and a lot of purple resin. Nice to make purple kief.

Smell: This bud really smells pretty strong of hops. No weed smell at all. Just hops. After curing the smell gets more complex but still hops.

Taste: The bud also tastes of hops. It's not the best taste there is to smoke whole day but I liked it once in a while.

Potency: Potency was not very strong but it was okay. I'd give it 4/10.

Effects: Very indica feeling. After smoking this the chance you won't get up for some time is pretty big. Real couchlocker. Nice to smoke before bed.

Smoke: The smoke was a little harsh. But this is probably because it wasn't flushed properly.

Overall Score: 4.5/10

Sorry but I don't have pics of the finished cured product. These are preharvest. Finished shots may come later.

22732DSCN2245.JPG

22732DSCN2243.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Amnesia Haze

Amnesia Haze

I bought this very nice Amnesia from the most kind hippie and his friend during summer. I'll be getting some new in a few weeks.
I've allready smoked amnesia several times from different growers and coffeeshops but this is the very best Amnesia I had so far. This is really the nicest weed I've ever smoked. This weed really suprised me. And the price was pretty good €8/g. In the Netherlands you'll have to pay at least €13 - €17 a gram for Amnesia. And I never came across amnesia this good in a coffeeshop.

Appearance: This weed looks killer. I wish I had some better pictures but I took them when I only had a few grams left of it. But I'll take some new when I buy some new Amnesia. I hope it'll be still the same. Very beautiful bud structure. The big bag had some very beautiful, big colas in it.

Smell: Even better than the appearance is the smell. This is defintely a catpiss pheno. It may sound strange but I've never smelled anything as good. Very strong, spicy, pissy smell. Very deep and meditative as well. It smelled even better as the best inscense.

Taste: Pretty spicy and strong taste because of the resin content. The catpiss flavour is as delicious as it smells.

Potency: Very strong weed allthough I'm sure it's not the strongest Amnesia pheno. I've smoked Amnesia that was a little more potent but smell and taste make up for that. Hell if even it didn't contain any THC I'd still smoke it.

High: Very up, heady high. Way smoother than a lot of racy Hazes and very spiritual. When it comes up you feel it moving trough your head and to your body. Like a trip coming up. The high lasts very long allmost 3 hours which is very long for me.

Smoke: The smoke is very nice and smooth allthough the weed is so strong. I allways here people say they have to cough like hell when smoking Amnesia but this one smokes very smooth.

Overall score: 9.5/10 Well this weed doesn't seem to have any downsides at all. The only small thing is that it's a little bit less potent then some other Amnesia phenos but that doesn't bother me at all. And the fact that you'll look stoned out of your mind when you meet people.

22732DSCN1868.JPG

22732DSCN1877.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Great I've finally been able to upload some pics!

I just came across some new weed. I got it from a friend of my brother who grew it outdoors this season. Seems to me he's still a rookie but I don't mind. We all have to start at some point.

Appearance: The bud looks poorly trimmed and has been compressed a little. Also a little immature. But still there is an okay amount of resin when you pick out some leaves.

Smell: The bud hardly has any smell. It smells more of leaves then bud. Definitely no cure.

Taste: It doesn't have mucht taste as well. Just a herbal, green taste. But it's not disgusting so that's okay.

Potency: The bud is just below average potency. But better than I had expected.

High: Mostly indica effects. I think you get pretty red eyes from this one. I just smoked the first joint and I'm feeling nice and cosy. I made a very chill song yesterday and I'm listening to it right now. It's pretty relaxing. If you want to hear it Sativa Soul - Whizing Synthesizing. It's a stream.

Overall score: Well this weed ain't anything special but the high is okay. 2.5/10

22732DSCN2258.JPG

Last edited:
M

medical_shed

Just got some amnesia seeds and thought i'd look for reports, you've made me quite glad I got some nice report.

Listening to your song, very nice.

Sativa Soul

Banana Haze

Banana Haze

Well it's about time I put in some reports of this years outdoor. I didn't have much outside this year since I'm working on my first serious indoor grow. I had some bagseed laying around and tought I'd give them a try.

Got 2 nice females. 2 different strains, one indica and one sativa dominant strain.

Let's start with my favourite the sativa.
Because of a lot of mold problems I had to chop this plant piece by piece to save as much as possible. Harvested at around 67days. This could have easely gone 2 maybe 3 weeks longer.

Appearance: Pretty sativa look. But nice and frosty. Nothing to special.

Smell: The smell in flower was very spicy, piny and a little minthy(not really linthy but very freshand pungent). After drying it gets a bit more creamy and softer. When breaking up the bud the fresh spicy smell comes back very strong.

Taste: This bud had a very nice taste. Mostly as descibed above it was very fresh, piny and even something minthy. This is a real pleasure to smoke.

Potency: Alltough harvest was a little early and the bud wasn't fully covered in trichomes. Not to mention my climate and this years bad weather. The bud was still pretty strong. I'd give it a 6/10. I think this bud would be very nice when grown indoors (which I just started doing).

High: A strong sativa but not to speedy. Very creative and relaxing high. Very nice.

Overall: I really liked this weed and was very surpised to find it in some bagseed. I also had a male of this and made a few crosses and F2's which I just started indoors. Taste and smell are very nice, so is the high. 7/10

22732DSCN2161.JPG

22732DSCN1970.JPG

Some grow pics

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

There are a lot of strains waiting in line to be reviewed because the uploading of pictures wasn't possible for some time. Therefore the reports may be a little bit less detailed then usual.
Let's start with some mouthwatering strains right out of the coffeeshop.

The following three strains all came from coffeeshop Pasja which is located in Tilburg close to the belgian border. I like this shop. The quality and amounts you get are always good. Never had anything bad from their shop.

White Widow
This White Widom from the Pasja is know as the best Widow in town.

Appearance: The appearance of the bud is excellent. Hard nugs coated in crystals. Look for yourself, doesn't it look dank?

Smell: The smell is VERY strong. When it's in your pocket you smell it ALWAYS. Even if there's a strong breeze. Typical dank, skunky smell.

Taste: This bud also tastes very very strong. Really skunky and spicy because of all the resin.

Potency: Definetely very strong bud. This one get's a 8.5 out of 10.

High: The high is balanced and strong. It's hard to concentrate and it's easy to burst out in laughter. It knock's you down.

Smoke: There's a lot of expansion in this smoke so it's hard to take big hits. Not recommende for newbie tokers.

Overall Score: 7/10 It's a very good smoke but I'm getting a bit bored of it after smoking it for years. Just a bit too common in my opinion.

22732DSCN2277.JPG

22732DSCN2275.JPG

22732DSCN2275b.jpg

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Amnesia Haze

Amnesia Haze

Next one in line is another sample of Amnesia Haze. Also from coffeeshop Pasja.

This weed is so lovely I just can't stop drooling when looking at it. It's definetely another pheno then the catpiss pheno reviewed above.

Appearance: Well this allmost the best looking weed ever. Beautifully shaped long foxtails totally covered in amber crystals.

Smell: This one smells a lot less like catpiss but has a real peppery aroma. When you smell hard enough it really burns like you've just sniffed some pepper. There are some catpiss undertones in it as well.

Taste: Taste is also sublime. Very peppery and strong, mix just a tiny little bit of this with any kind of weed and you'll still taste it perfectly.

Potency: This pheno is a bit stronger then the catpiss pheno. Very very strong. 9.5/10

High: The high is really hazy and can be very spiritual and creative as well. It pretty psychedelic as well. You can float off with you thoughts and sometimes dissappear from reality for a moment (when meditating this works allmost with any kind of weed but this one particularly was very vivid and enlightening). Pretty much the same as the catpiss pheno just a little bit more overwhelming. Long lasting as well.

Overall score: 9.5/10 Best weed ever together with the catpiss pheno. Catpiss pheno tastes just a little bit better. But on the other hand the on this one is a bit stronger.

22732DSCN2278.JPG

22732DSCN2280.JPG

22732DSCN2280b.jpg

22732DSCN2283.JPG

Sativa Soul

Shiva

Shiva

Next one is Shiva from coffeeshop Pasja.

Appearance: The bud looks good. Hard nugs and a good amount of resin.

Smell/Taste: A strong indica tatse and a little bit fruity. Certainly enjoyable but not really my kind of thing.

Potency: Pretty good potency. 7.5/10

High: Very relaxing indica stone. I smoked this first when I arrived at the coffeeshop and I made me very happy and chilled out. I could feel every muscle in y body relax after just a few tokes.

Overall score: 6/10 My brother gives it 7.5.

22732DSCN2281.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

The next strains come from the town Maastricht. The weed is a bit more expensive there and sometimes lacks quality but you just have to know the right shops and strains.

First off, the famous Orange Bud from the coffeeshop boat Smokey.

I always buy this weed if I'm in Maastricht. Relatively it's one of the cheaper strains you can find in the neighbourhood but also one of the better. This one just never let's you down.

Appearance: Compared to the weed from Tilburg (the 3 strains above) this weed looks a little less dank, but also less blown up with nutes and budboosters. I like it's appearance it's a little bit different then most strains in the shops. It also looks a bit orange.

Smell/Taste: Very nice natural taste and smell. A little bit earthy as well. Nice relaxing aroma.

Potency: This weed is pretty strong as well. 7.5/10

High: The high is very interesting. It relaxing but doesn't knock you down. It's very creative and happy. Makes you want to enjoy life even harder.

Overall Score: 7.5/10

22732DSCN2289.JPG

22732DSCN2290.JPG

22732DSCN2291.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Misty

Misty

Next up is Misty. This one came from coffeeshop Mississipi (Maastricht) and is also a boat which is located directly next to the Smokey.

Appearance: This one looks very good as well. Reminds me of Widow (I'm not sure but arent they related?).

Smell/Taste: Very strong taste, strongly resembling the White Widow from above. Only a little bit fruitier and sweeter. I like this taste a little bit better then the Widow.

Potency: Pretty strong weed. 8.5/10

High: Also much like the white widow; strong, stony and knockout.

Overall Score: 8/10. I like to call this an improved version of the white widow.

22732DSCN2294.JPG

22732DSCN2293.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Last one from Maastricht. This strain is called Cannaloop and came from coffeeshop Kosbor. I really like the vibes in this coffeeshop. Everyone is always laughing and making fun. A lot less depressed then let's say the Mississipi.

Well I had been wanting to try this strain for some time having heard some good things about it. And it still suprised me.

Appearance: This bud looked quite sativa and very healty. Grown properly. The pics aren't that good because I took them after I almost smoked it all. Only this little bud was left over. Good for a nice fat spliff.

Smell/Taste: The smell and taste are very fresh and really smells like melons. Very lovely and fresh. It's allready a favourite.

Potency: The bud was above average. 7.5/10

High: The high was very energetic and clear. It really suprised me how clear it was though it didn't make me feel like something was missing (like I have with most clear weed). Very special and psychedelic as well.

Overall score: Well I really like this weed. Perfect for daytime smoking. 8.5/10

22732DSCN2288.JPG

22732DSCN2286.JPG

Last edited:

Sativa Soul

Last one for today.
This was the other bagseed female I had outdoors this year. Mostly indica plant which was very healthy and was very decent for bagseed.

Appearance: The appearance was okay. Could have been better but the plant was harvested early because of mold problems. Nice trichome coverage.

Smell: The smell was very special in flowering. In the beginning it smelled very fruity and a bit like bubblegum. At the end of flowering it started to smell almost like rotten mango's. Dried it's a bit more earthy and inscense like. After curing the mango's come back.

Taste: Special taste much like the smell but harder to describe.

Potency: Harvested early but the potency was definetely okay. 6/10

High: The high is relaxing and smooth. It makes you feel very comfortable.

Overall score: Very nice for bagseed. 6/10. I'm glad I crossed it with the bagseed male from a few reports above.

22732DSCN1971.JPG

22732DSCN1981.JPG

Few grow pics

Last edited:
G

These are wonderful reports. What an experience, sampling and trying to keep it together to do the reporting.

Glad to see the shiva report. I'm going to try the NL X shiva next year, but outdoors. Seeds arrived last week. If it works out, I will save some pollen for 1 lady to make the 09 seed crop.

Did bagseed this year to get my feet wet. One indica dom and one sativa dom. Indica finished first and was better than the sativa. Have saved bagseed from 25 years ago and will see if they germ. A friend found 45 year old bush bean seeds in her dad's shed when he died and they grew in her garden. Mine have been kept in the refigerator all this time. The bagseed I used this year had been frozen for months.

Here's to GROWING GREAT IN 08!!!

Last edited:
T

trem0lo

absolutely amazing reports! i'll definitely be checking back for more!

Sativa Soul

thanks for the great replies! I love sampling all different kinds of strains. That's one of the main reasons I love smoking weed. And I'm lucky to constantly find new quality strains.
wow 45 year old beans. Those are real oldtimers!

Well here's what I got yesterday. I'm guessing (not that it means much) this is some cross between NL and Haze. Both in high and taste. I don't really bother myself about the names. And here if they know the name of the strain they're selling, they'll automaticaly charge more. And what are the chances they're talking the truth?

Appearance: Very beautiful, grey green buds. Medium sized leaves and a lot of crystals.

Smell: Very strong smell a bit like NL with spicy undertones that remind me of haze.

Taste: Taste is spicy and strong. Also with an NL/Skunky aroma.

Potency: Pretty potent weed. A little bit more potent than the last batch that came from there. 8.5/10

High: Strong; fast hitting and long lasting high with some body stone as well. Knocks you hard. But won't make you fall asleep. Edit: This weed gives me the longest stone I've had so far. Usually up to 3.5 hours, sometimes even 5!

Overall Score: 8/10. After a serious testing session with a buddy of mine he came to the conclusion this weed definately deserved an 8.5.

22732DSCN2308.JPG

22732DSCN2318.JPG

22732DSCN2319.JPG

22732DSCN2320.JPG

22732DSCN2321.JPG

22732DSCN2319b.jpg

22732DSCN2320b.jpg

Last edited: