What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are my seedlings on track?

2Greenthumbs

Hello IC mag. New here. Wondering if you guys can tell me if my seedlings are on track cause they seem a little stunted or at least one is. I've got a 150 watt hps and a couple 4600k cfls. The temps stay around 80. Soil is FFOF. Seeds were bagseeds

This plant is 11 days from sprout (is it just the runt?)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

and these two are 6 and 5 days from sprout
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

What do you think?

Looks ok to me. Some are slower than others. Could just be off to a slow start, weak genetics, or could be the strain. I've had some seedlings stay the size of yours for a couple weeks, and then take off.

You will know if problems arise by color changes in the leaves, droopiness, or the texture.

They should be a nice lush green rather than pale or lime colored, and feel soft to the touch. If they are too hot they will get a little more rough textured and feel more like paper. Also the ridges may become more pronounced.

Your temps are ok, but they like mid-70's best.

Lights too close and overwatering are your 2 main concerns at this point.

N

noyd666

look strong enough, I would turn off hps until there showing more growth.

2Greenthumbs

It's bag seed but came from some heady stuff. I did grow a few plants with the same seeds outdoor this year and they did pretty well. I got a pic for ya.

20131023_155042.jpg