What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veggie back to Flowering is that OK???

1Maconheiro

So 10 seeds of different variety sprouted. Had them 18/6 veggie for 2 weeks then put them on 12/12 flowering for 2 weeks now they are starting to show there sex looks like I have 4 males which i'm going to remove.

The 6 females seem kinda of small and I want to veg them more. Would it be ok to put them back into veggie 18/6 even though they are showing flowers? Would this stun growth? or screw up anything in there grow cycle? If i left them in 12/12 how much more growth should i expect?

Also do male plants always grow larger and taller then female plants? seems all 4 males were the biggest and tallest in the group..

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
You can put them back onto 18/6 however they will probably slow down their growth for a week or two.

Your best bet if you so plant to reveg them is to use 20/4 as it allows better growth in veg. The 18/6 is an outdated schedule.

From my experience the males are always the tallest and first to show flowers. This is the get their pollen sacks up and above the budding females so the pollen can drop down onto them.

1Maconheiro

You can put them back onto 18/6 however they will probably slow down their growth for a week or two.

Your best bet if you so plant to reveg them is to use 20/4 as it allows better growth in veg. The 18/6 is an outdated schedule.

From my experience the males are always the tallest and first to show flowers. This is the get their pollen sacks up and above the budding females so the pollen can drop down onto them.

Ninja if i put them on 20/4 will it still slow down the growth for the next 2 weeks? thanks for the advise