What's new

Switching lights from 18/6 to 20/4

1Maconheiro

Hello,

I am planning on switching my veg room lights from 18/4 to 20/4 currently lights are on from 8pm-2pm I would like to switch the lights to be on from 6pm-12pm.

1. Will this speed up veg growth? and I've read in another thread that you get better results if you veg in 20/4 if your going to SCOG in flowering, has anyone find this true

2. If i make the switch today that would give them only 4hrs of night. Will this be too much stress on my plants?

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Switch it :yes: I also use 20/4 schedule, and seem to have the best results with it. No it won't stress your plants to switch now.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
I still like 18-6, maybe 20-4 for early veg. Speaking of different times, here's a one-set light controller, Solatel LP 240S Pro Lamp Timer - 240V 30A:

2e4kin8.jpg

think_fast

what about budding can you play with light cycle time ?

If by this you mean flowering light cycle, then I wouldn't advise it. While I am no expert, every expert grower I have come across routinely uses a 12/12 cycle, never tampering with this. Although I don't think 13 on 11 off will hurt your results, I am not sure if there would be any benefit to this additional light. FWIW.