What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st run Organic BS

0verkil13r

Yay... I'm back! Good thing too... not being able to add pics really killed my thread. lol

when we getting a smoke report and yield on the stuff that you cut down a month ago?

No such luck buddy. The little plant (E) produced no smokable/edible buds. She got a MASSIVE dose early in flower and was heavily seeded. In addition there was a bit of mold.

No worries though, out of tragedy springs forth new possibilities.

This is her with a couple babies (one on the other side).

I'd like to put the carcass into compost or, even chop it and let it feed the soil (as I do when pruning). Anyone know if this is a bad idea? I've sprayed them with SM-90 & don't want the mold coming back.

Well, I'm off to find and upload some more pics.

0verkil13r

Here's that plant (A) that needs a prune job.

Any tips? I've been chopping away (a little at a time) daily. I just don't want to mess this plant up.

She's 2 weeks in flower and I hope to get a decent harvest from her. At the very least she has produced some viable seed from targeted pollination. I've popped some beans last month to see what we get.

One more question. Can someone ID this bug? I caught it with the scissors

I see them all the time and I'm not sure what to make of it (beneficial?) It looks like a walking piece of peat. It & another type of bug like to hide (when they see I've noticed them) by moving to the other side of branches/leaves.

Ok, I lied. That was 2 questions. Hopefully, you can see it as this cam won't focus any closer.

0verkil13r

Fresh pics!

Fresh pics!

Okay, so here's what's been going on since I was last able to post pics...

B & G were fixin' to split their pots so, I transplanted them. Here's a short progression.

This is a 9 footer sticking out of an 18 gallon pail.

I know, I waited too long before transplant but, when you're broke/cheap it takes time to get materials together. You should've seen me carrying this lumbering giant down stairs and through the forest. I think at some point, a monkey came out and threw a banana at me for moving his home.

Check out this root mass! She thoroughly colonized the soil.

Next year I would like to put them in the big fabric pots directly from 3 qt pots. Or, at least much earlier in veg.

Here she is directly after transplant. That pot is 50" across.

Capped it off with a nice layer of mulch. Followed by a nice early evening shower.

After I was all finished a vibrant rainbow shown over my grow.

Hoping that is a sign of good fortune. There is a 2nd smaller one underneath but, it was too faint to capture.

A couple weeks later I got a shot of both.

I gave 'em a few ACTs since then. Plus a little Hydrolyzed Fish.

Here's a shot of them today.

B is 12 feet plus and G is well over 10 feet. Next year I want to do some training on these plants. I feel that if all goes right I should be able to double their girth.

Its cool. The first round is just a test. I never expected to make it this far anyway. Thanks again ICMag!

I'll try to get some close up shots for the potential lb yeilder thread.

0verkil13r

Well thank you!

Not much of an update. I installed some cages today and tied a few down. Hopefully, they'll respond well to this along with a little ACT.

These plants are truly amazing! Not mine... the cannabis plant in general. After 2 weeks of transplant, the larger plants' roots were already poking through the sides.

arizona_bay

:bump:Haaaaay ohhhh

sorry been busy and some bad weather made life difficult recently.

get some pics up man share that backyard of yours.man outdoor really puts indoor into perspective 1 pound 1 plant and the lightings free its almost cheating.

0verkil13r

Thanks for the bump!

Same with the weather here. Except for a bit of leeching... the plants seem to like it.

I'll get some pics up soon. Gotta catch up to you (almost 1500 views). It appears that without photos, nobody likes to visit.

Btw, your plants are looking AWESOME!!!

arizona_bay

Thanks for the bump!

Same with the weather here. Except for a bit of leeching... the plants seem to like it.

I'll get some pics up soon. Gotta catch up to you (almost 1500 views). It appears that without photos, nobody likes to visit.

Btw, your plants are looking AWESOME!!!
thanks man my view count is probally high just cause im close to harvest but we here for your show get those pics up!
wave.gif

may the gunja gods bless your harvest.

0verkil13r

Looking for some after-the-fact advice...

Anyone know if you can water in dolomite lime? Or, should it just be top dressed?

I will be back in a few hours with pictures... Gotta run!

0verkil13r

Thanks for the compliments & good karma.

stihgnobevoli
Sticky? I'd like to reserve that for my buds. As for my thread... I'm not worthy. lol

Seriously, I am glad you've enjoyed it.

arizona_bay Sir, yes sir! I will, pronto sir!

Thanks for tagging along. I appreciate the brotherly love.

Here are some pics to hold you over while I get the others resized & organized.

These first three pics are clones from plant "A" I believe they have just started their 2nd week of flower here.

A1

A2

A4

The next 2 pics were posted in another thread about a week and a half back.

This is "B" after an afternoon shower.

Here's "G" taken the same time.

Later that night a downpour caused one of her lower branches to snap at the trunk. Luckily, I had just grabbed some fencing. I mended her broken wing and put her in a cage the next day. All better.

Here's a close up of her foliage.

Finally, here's a group shot.

Now I'm off.

0verkil13r

The show continues

The show continues

These were taken a few days ago. Enjoy.

This is G in her cage.

And a close up...

Followed by B.

With her close up...

Here's the mess that is labeled A up close.

And these are her clones.

This one didn't have its V8.

2nd week.

They perked up nice after their morning tea, I think.

0verkil13r

Almost forgot. This is the result of my first plant that went to seed.

Their parents were both quite squatty and early flowering. Part of a project in the works. :whistling:

0verkil13r

Just realized I've got a leaf spot disease. I will begin treatment tomorrow. With rain in the forecast I will have to be persistent.

Aside from the paranoia associated with OD growing there is also a great deal of adversaries to contend with. Considering I am in a tropical climate I know (at some point) I will go toe-to-toe with all of them. This can be stressful at times... but, then... isn't that why we grow this plant?

Crazy to think that something we use to ease stress, pain & paranoia can also cause it. Grower's paradox?

I'll leave you with this shot.

Peace & good karma.

0verkil13r

Quick update:

Quick update:

Today, the girls got their 2nd application of LC & neem. In addition they also received some aspirin water. It's still early but, I don't believe the disease has progressed an further.

This is a scary disease to have. Especially after putting so much love into these plants. It's quite disheartening to watch your plants wither before your eyes.

On a good note, they are still adding bud... The bugs are leaving them alone... and I see new growth. This makes me happy.

Plus, this guy said everything was gonna be okay.

Here is the plot right after the 1st spray.

I'll get more pics within the next few days. Take care.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
is that the virus on those smaller ones in the foreground? they look like they really need nitrogen and or cal/mag from here, looks like your whole plant is yellow except the top on one.

0verkil13r

Nute deficiency?

Nute deficiency?

Could be... not sure. I have been a bit lax on my ACT application over the last month.

Back in a few with pics.

0verkil13r

Plot progression

Plot progression

Here is the plot over a short period of time.

On 8-8 showing virtually no signs.

Now 8-18

Here they are on the 21st

Again, 4 days later

This is them today (8-31)

Pretty sure they have leaf septoria (Septoria lycopersici). Thinking about taking off their cages and staking them. I have read that once the foliage gets dense and the air movement in the canopy is restricted, it acts as a sort of an incubator for the virus. I am hoping that opening up the canopy will help with circulation and maybe stem the virus. Also, it will help me get access to the the inner parts of the larger plants.

However, they may also be experiencing some type of deficiency. I will post some close ups of a smaller plant to help identify.