What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pics of my 17 outdoor plants... yield to expect???

I have 17 plants growing in the mountains. You can see my sig for the grow journal. But I am hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out aproximately (ballpark figure) what kind of yield I might expect, assuming nothing goes wrong (mold, deer, LEO, rippers, freak weather, etc.).

My 17 plants are almost all (except two) definitely into flowering now. Except two runts, they are mostly about 2.5 feet tall with a couple hitting over 3 feet.

They should hopefully have another month and a half to finish. Maybe even two months, but probably no more than that.

It's tough to say in the mountains sometimes.

4 plants are autos that claim a QP (4 oz) yield, the rest claim 8 oz or so with a late August finish.

Here's some pictures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There are more pics in my album if you care to see.

Those fences are 3 feet tall.

So whaddayathink guys? Like maybe 2+ lbs???

Obviously there's a lot of factors to consider and whatnot, but a ballpark figure by somebody with experience would really be awesome.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Looking nice and healthy.....my guess 2-3 oz off of each X 17 = 34 to 51ozs = 2-3lbs :)

Is mold a possibility?

Well, it's always a possibility I suppose. But humidity is very low in my area, so hopefully I won't suffer any moldy surprises. I'm going to have my work cut out for me come harvest/trim/cure though.

Thanks a lot for your estimate!

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
if those pictures are very recent

total dry weight of 17 plants that approx look like the ones shown, I'm guessing 1 pound dry.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree I would say it looks like maybe up to an ounce per plant potential if they don't have much branching. It takes a big ass plant to make 4 oz's dry or more.

Damn. Well that sucks. At least I learned a lot this season. And I guess any weed is good weed. Still, it was a pretty work and cash intensive lesson.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
welcome to the wonderful world of growing :biglaugh:

This :D

Also take the opportunity to learn that yield estimates mean jack squat. Way, way too many variables that can't be accounted quantified. It's no better than throwing darts at a number on the wall. :yes:

Yeah, that's for sure. I guess this is all just part of the process of getting it dialed in for next time.

It still kind of sucks though to spend so much time and worry on a project and end up barely, if at all, recouping expenses.

Oh well. With what I've learned from this season, future seasons should be vast improvements.

F

feral

Don't look at it from a $$$ stand point. Myself, I like the solitude and peace of mind that comes when I go visit my small 4 plant plot and the learning lessons that can be improved on and carried forward in future grows.
It will pay off in the long run.

F

feral

Just checked out your album. Dude you got some killer views, that alone is priceless.

Haha, yeah it's funny actually. The views in the album are nothing compared to what's out there. I just didn't want to take pictures of the killer vistas in case LEO decided to send it around to find out where I'm at.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Start your plants indoors next time if you can before putting them out or get them going earlier in the season so they are bigger and you will much yield more. Your plants are small and not very branchy which translates into small yields unless you have something that is very top cola dominant like a LUI, Chronic, or Sweet Tooth strain.

Topping the plant helps it to distribute hormones that increase it's branching and help it to develop many more vertical growth tips with more total colas. That equals more weight in the end and also helps to decrease that typical mj christmas tree look plants get outside that can cause them to get easily discovered by rippers or leo. That's my advice wrapped up in a rolling paper.

Hope you end up with a decent harvest, don't do it for the money do it for the love of the plant and you will have far better results in the end. :)

Thanks for the advice SOTF420.

Start your plants indoors next time if you can before putting them out or get them going earlier in the season so they are bigger and you will much yield more.

Yeah, we actually popped 70 beans at the end of April. 51 sprouted successfully into seedlings.

IMG_0168.jpg

We vegged indoors, and began sending some out a bit at a time. We lost some to frost (frost was unpredictable and late this spring), some to a rushed send-out in an experimental high risk area, and then a bunch to deer. By that time we were able to sex the remainder and veg the girls much further into the season indoors. Until mid-June, which turned out to be the safest time weatherwise to send them out. Those are the 17 that remain.

Unfortunately these are the 17 least vigorous plants, since each time we sent out a failed attempt, we went with our biggest plants.

If I was doing it again and had those extra 7 theoretical females, the season would probably be much better.

Topping the plant helps it to distribute hormones that increase it's branching and help it to develop many more vertical growth tips with more total colas. That equals more weight in the end and also helps to decrease that typical mj christmas tree look plants get outside that can cause them to get easily discovered by rippers or leo.
Yes, with my small veg setup I didn't really have room to top the plants early enough, so I didn't bother. With what I've learned, I should be able to counteract this in the future, though I still doubt I'll top, since my future plans are more SOG-like.

That's my advice wrapped up in a rolling paper.
I really apreciate all the advice dude. The entire icmag community has been incredibly crucial, even vital, for the possible (albeit limited) success of this grow.

Hope you end up with a decent harvest, don't do it for the money do it for the love of the plant and you will have far better results in the end. :)
Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't be doing this for the money. But I did hope that this grow might help out enough for an ATV for next year :(. Still, any weed is good weed. Especially when it's all looking purple!

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
If you have 2 months to go, then they have a lot of time to get much bigger.

Let us know how they end up in the end.

Yeah, that would certainly be nice :D. I'm going to start feeding molasses during the next visit. Lets hope they turn into fat donkey dicks!

Latest posts

Latest posts