What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ARTofMAKINGfire's Organic Cabinet

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Not all of us got jobs growing legal in warehouses for big Canna.
Not all of us are even growing legally.

Due to life's circumstances, I currently have to sit by and watch the "green rush" occur without participating. Residing in a draconian state... I am left to tinker and maximize productivity in the shadows.

Switched to LED. Mostly out of necessity. The additional heat involved with HID lighting would have been too much for this small space. Built the same light as Lapides. Double checked with my old buddy Lap first (I trust his judgement) that quality was not sacrificed using LED.Copied his cabinet design as well and tweaked for my application. It's located in a bathroom and is cooled by the existing split AC system serving the entire house.

Temperatures in the flowering chamber are around 85F light on which is acceptable due to CO2 enrichment. Using bottled gas and timed release.

The flower chamber has 305 watts of LED and the veg chamber about 160 watts split into to levels.

I have had 2 harvests so far from this cabinet running GG#4.

1.86g/watt

I am certainly sold on LED. While I'm still not convinced the terpine profile is up to par with HID grown cannabis, the weight and potency are there. The reduction in cost of cooling alone is worth considering. The lumen/watt efficiency is unmatched. I will certainly be implementing them on a larger scale very soon.

A quick word on my current situation. (mostly for peeps who I have lost connection with over the years) I was on the path... running a house with about 5kw. I lost it all. Made a stupid decision and got pulled back into a lifestyle I was trying to get away from. Caught a violent F... Spent the next 6 years in and out on 2 violations but FINALLY managed to get the whole thing behind me and off supervision. I lost many connections I made here due to my stupidity. When this occurred, the cannabis situation was nothing like it is now. People who normally remained in the shadows for obvious could no longer associate with me. Some of these people, I considered dear friends. I've since then had a stigma about me... feeling as though I was "no good" I never made the effort to reconnect with everyone. Possibly feared that I would be rejected because of my actions... I dunno. The point is I am passed all of that now. My past does not define me.

Children and other responsibilities have lead me to a less than cannabis friendly state. So I've had to keep things very small for the moment... building my strain library up again through the few stand up real ones who never doubted my heart once. You know who you are and I love you guys. You might not know it but I consider you some of my closest human even though we go without speaking for long periods...

Enough of all that! I'm building... I'm building... oh and if you heard my raps don't freak out. That was a huge escape, outlet, and therapy during a tumultuous time in my life. I won't give up my day job... ;)

SO. The Mrs. said I could have half the bathroom. I jumped on that immediately...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180629-191718.jpg
    Screenshot_20180629-191718.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180823_104056.jpg
    20180823_104056.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180823_104116.jpg
    20180823_104116.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180901_132937.jpg
    20180901_132937.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 29
  • wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 31

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Seems like its just the OG's of IC that still frequent the site...

Is there something I should know? lol I've heard things like "shady management"...

I see Capulator is starting his own forum... I'm sure it will be popular. Is that it for IC??

I have a special place for this place... wouldn't' be me without it.

Americangrower

Veteran

Is there something I should know? lol I've heard things like "shady management"...

I see Capulator is starting his own forum... I'm sure it will be popular. Is that it for IC??

Don't believe all you read, half those guys were never on IC they are from LogicWorld
The others talking shadiness are talking about POM, Rez and JB. We all know about POM shit from like 05 Rez well every1 knows that story. JB was new to me because I wasn't on IC very much from 2011 to 2013 when that went down. But I still don't get why any1 says that's a IC thing, sure he worked for GN, was fired, then started some seeedsdepot forum/auction and screwed breeders/buyers over. Not really a IC thing to me.

IC is by far the best forum.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran

I will always be here, after overgrow went down, i stopped posting for a year, then this became my new home, and I plan to stay forever, like you said, this place is special.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Really glad to see you back at it. Like, really glad. That nugs n jugs pic takes me way back. Blew out my oil pan navigating that dirt driveway and got a flatbed ride 140 miles home with a canoe on the roof and 40 live in the trunk, and riding cowgirl on the center console between two very angry married tow truck drivers who I hope are divorced by now. Also thinking about Maine Harvest Fest from that same year. Good times. Been a minute eh? We're all older and wiser with our own battle scars... good to see you man.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
AG - Yea I've heard people throw shade because of the whole situation with Gypsy... But honestly this is the best forum IMO. I know there's must less traffic here these days but in it's glory this place was the epicenter of learning and sharing. We were on the cusp of the beginning of this "legal road" that seems to be benefiting mostly large corporations and individuals with large paper who really had no place harboring the flame all these years... opportunists and capitalists. Fuck it. Some of us will just remain on the fringes and produce danker better produced cannabis than any large scale corporate operation could ever dream of. And I'll be here to help any of you out any way I can. FUCKEM all.

FlaDankster - Thanks for the kind words I truly appreciate it and it motivates the fuck out of me to keep honing my craft!

Med Grower Tom - I'll be here with you. Love this place.

St. Phatty - Thanks man! lol. Beam me the fuck up Scottie!

ReikoX - Thanks for tuning in I'll be updating it more regularly.

Ibechillin - Thanks for the compliment! I been tinkering for a while.

stinkyattic - Hey you! Been many a moon. Glad to see you're still out there! Hope life has been nice and you are doing great!!!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran

A few days of growth on the latest run. I've had a few harvests since my last post. This latest is half The Hooch (lemon slushee X 1987 Lime Pop) and half GG#4.

There is a close up of The Hooch. I think it's super dank and tastey. Holla if you want to check her out... tryin to get her out there to keep her around my space is very small for moms.

Still running this same soil bed. Light tilling and straight water. It's been doing me nicely. I believe I had a light leak issue last run and half from a blue light on a timer. Suck balls because it ruined basically a full run. And fucked up 6 Corey Haim Stardawg cuts that were looking amazing but then puttered out and fox tailed and lacked trichrome production. It was wack. But these 2 strains were un phased by the leak... so they deserve a run just for them because without em I would have had nothing dank last pull.

STAY TUNED!

I'm about 3 weeks into the next run and will post some de foiliation pics soon.

Attachments

• 20191020_103345.jpg
    20191020_103345.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191017_161820.jpg
    20191017_161820.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191010_161327.jpg
    20191010_161327.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20191022_144136.jpg
    20191022_144136.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 36
  • 20191024_152158.jpg
    20191024_152158.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 26

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Fuck yeah dude, looking really healthy!

Frosty looking flower too :smoweed:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
A little update on this run.

The GG4 has become an unruly **** this go around! She burned a few fan leaves on diodes which is an accomplishment seeing how cool they are to the touch. I had to get some string out and bend over the tops and tie them down to the trellis...

Ahh the fucking trellis... I have no right to get mad at it... it's an inanimate object. It's the asshole grower who did not implement it properly I should be cursing. I should have installed it on time and allowed the plants to grow INTO it instead of (no excuses) waiting until I had to have the wife help me finagle it over the tops. What an ineffective PITA! But it sort of worked... sorta.

This is not the prettiest run but will actually probably be the heaviest and dankest to date. It's jam packed of glistening tops but also because of the trellis and tying this run, the MIDDLE section of bud sites are getting some direct light and developing dense fire nuggets. So I am stoked to see if I can beat the record of 585 grams or 1.91g/watt. Even though that included some bud that was what I would consider mids because of a light leak. Unfortunate it was half of my harvest. But that has since been corrected and I am pressing on!!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Some trim shots and dry cured shot of

THE HOOCH
Lemon Slushee X 1987 Lime Pop

She is fire IMO. Very easy to clone, grow, trim, and blaze...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Some fire ass beans I hope to pop very soon!!!!
picture.php

THESE ARE THROWBACK PHOTOS OF PAST PROJECTS!!!! NOT MY CURRENT SPACE!!! I WISH!!!!!!!!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php