What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best 4x4 (1.2m x 1.2m) grow tent?

starke

I have a Gorilla 5x5 that I've had for 18 months. Completed two grows in it so far without problems or complaints. Happy with the construction and stoutness (mine is the regular Gorilla tent, not the lite.) You will find several threads regarding tents on here if you search. For every person happy with their Gorilla, you will find someone unhappy. You will find this true of most brands. Like I said, I love my Gorilla but ymmv.

List of Tents;

Black Orchid
Bloom Room
Green Room
Hydro Shoot
Light House
Matrix
Orca
Trojan
iPower
Dark Room Pro

Favouring;
Gorilla Grow Tent
Budbox Pro
Secret Jardin
Vivosun
Growlab
Homebox
Hydrohut
Apollo Horticulture
Topo Grow

Gorilla Grow Tent £350-£400
Budbox Pro £140-180
Growlab £130-£150
Secret Jardin £140-£150

If I cant get the Gorilla Grow Tent going to get Budbox Pro but not sure to get white or silver.

Blazeee

Veteran
Gorilla Grow Tent £350-£400
Budbox Pro £140-180
Growlab £130-£150
Secret Jardin £140-£150

If I cant get the Gorilla Grow Tent going to get Budbox Pro but not sure to get white or silver.

Saw your same post on the other UK site, so im assuming your in the UK

Best tents to go for would be Green Qube, Hydro Lab or Homebox.

Guess it depends what your looking for.

Homebox with par + lining is the shit, way better than a bud box

Green qube's are solid and sturdy, and have the option of the extra cm height in the 220cm tall versions.

Hydrolab is also a solid good sturdy tent, maybe cheaper than the greenqube? Just dont come with the 220cm height option last time i checked.

If the extra headroom aint an issue for you then i would go homebox all the way. Otherwise if you plan to run a gavita i would go for the greenqube.

Also check online to make sure vents are big enough and in the right places as ive had those problems when using cheaper tents.

All these tents are good quality and have no light leaks like the secret jardins and other cheaper tents.

TBH i wouldnt spend all the extra cash on a gorilla tent when these tents are up to the same standard of quality and alot cheaper.

soil margin

Veteran
I've done a couple runs in a Gorilla tent in the past, was always pretty happy with it. I recently got a Vivosun 3x3 and I'm pretty happy with that as well. Definitely good quality for the price.

UncleBens

Green qube's are solid and sturdy, and have the option of the extra cm height in the 220cm tall versions.

I would go with the greencube for this reason though, I quite regularly have new stains stretch more than I anticipate and that extra 20 cm would make huge difference!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Im thinking to grab a bud box pro.. cant afford the gorilla grow tent... anyone have any reviews on this?
Silver! Although white reflects a "certain" amount of light, it also absorbs light. Silver reflects light, especially the "diamond pattern" vice "flat mylar". That being said mylar would be better than white.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I’d just like people to see the attached and see people’s views to this....
IMMHO I don't base my research on "store" advertisements!

That being said... since Google logarithms are skewed (confirmed publically of late, I don't base my research on the 1st page, and often will run my research with a different search engine.

Vendors sell stuff and people buy stuff. I have eliminated one of my local hydro shops (lying to customers). Perhaps lying is too strong a word, misinforming would probably be a better choice. e.g pushing unsubstantiated products.