Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Organic coco

Thread Title Search
Organic coco Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2018, 05:09 AM #11
Squirly_wrath

Squirly_wrath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIMALAYAN GANJA View Post
ive done about 10 indoor runs in coco all with bcuzz nutes. but like somone said above coc can be amended with organic dry meals and most importantly for it to work like organic soil, one must add microbial life forms and fungals, that will break down the organi solids into nutes that the roots can absorb.

i think that the easy way to do organic coco is to follow a normal organic soil recipie, but instead of peat use coco, like:

coco , perlit, compost, alafalfa, microbes, composted manures, etc etc etc,

the important part would be to mix up all the ingredients add microbes and let sit for some weeks atleast, then use as needed

i have never done this but the logic of how organic soil works, indicates that coco would mae an excellent organic soil since its much better then peat, doesnt get water logged. i a currently running a gew in just coco and even after watering coco always holds air even when fully saturated, thats what i like most about coco.
This is what I'm doing now in a 3'x3' smart pot bed. It started out as a way to use coco with more organic and renewable and altogether cheaper nutrients that turned into a no-til bed and it's doing so well with such little input. Definitely what I would suggest for people with bad backs (like me) because it is a lot less mixing nutrients and ph'ing and just a lot less work in general and the plants love it.
Squirly_wrath is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:20 AM #12
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the rough
me too i have abunch of swamp tubes sitting ready in the swamp and they are made up of coco with organic dry nutes mixed in. i hope they work as well as yours are, since i have never done it before. best of luck to you. cheers
HIMALAYAN GANJA is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 12:58 AM #13
Squirly_wrath

Thanks! I'm sure yours will work out great. What kind of dry amendments are you using?

Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 AM #14
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the rough
i used generic organic fertilizer granules made up of fully composted manures of chicken horse cow rabbit with kelp and a bunch of other minor ingredients. the npk is rather low so i put like one kg per 10 gallons of coco.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:06 PM #15
low_and_slow

low_and_slow will become famous soon enoughlow_and_slow will become famous soon enough
When bulk mushroom growers need an awesome medium for large tub grows, they usually use half/half Coco and vermiculite, pasteurized, then innoculated and left to sit for a few weeks. When you come back, the trays are fully colonized with fungus, they love Coco.

I did the same thing more or less with a fabric pot once, pasteurized it then used a myco product to innoculated, left it alone for a few weeks, then planted. With just some ewc and tea, I harvested nearly a pound of hot chilies under a single COB LED in a 2x2' tent. If you get the herd right and let it innoculated thoroughly, it's a hell of a living medium.

I also had a huge flush of Leucocoprinus Birnbaumii show up in an outdoor planting of ghost peppers that were in 100% pure Coco, the stuff just wants to form mycorrhizae for you!
low_and_slow is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 09:16 PM #16
HIMALAYAN GANJA

i have done oyster mushrooms a bit you thin they would like coco too?

Old 04-07-2018, 09:17 AM #17
Squirly_wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIMALAYAN GANJA View Post
i have done oyster mushrooms a bit you thin they would like coco too?
Yeah fungi love coco!