Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > The positive thread.

Thread Title Search
The positive thread. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2018, 11:55 AM #1
Brother Nature

Brother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud of
The positive thread.

Hey guys,

I thought it'd be nice to start a thread that discusses only positive things. As much as I enjoy the political and philosophical threads, a lot of them are very divisive and often devolve into very negative territory. It's not always nice to be around that and negativity tends to beget more negativity. I personally had to take a good break from the site recently as it was effecting me in a way I didn't like so I feel it'd be nice to have a thread where we can discuss positive things that have happened to us or others. Things like going to your dealers place to find out he's got nothing then happening upon a discarded half eighth on the way home.

I'll start with a nice thing that happened to me a couple days ago.

I had to go into the main city for some work recently on the same day I took my car in for a service. So I was driving in trying to find a park in a very shitty loaner car. It happens to cost about $10 per hour to park here and you can only pay by the hour. I find this annoying and coupled to having to drive an unfamiliar car in rush hour I was a little annoyed to start. I eventually find a good parking spot not too far from where my meeting was. I manage to do a decent parallel parking job and notice the car in front of me is a very new Bentley with a guy inside. As I finish parking the guy in the Bentley gets out and starts walking to my car, looking directly at me. My first thought is "Ugh, so this guy's gonna tell me I'm too close to his car or something equally as wankerish." But, no, he knocks on my window, tells me he's only been parked for about 5 minutes and has nearly an hour left on his ticket and asks if I'd want it. So I take it, go to my quick meeting and still have about 10 minutes left on the parking ticket. I know it's only a little thing, but it really restored my faith in humanity that day, it made me feel really good and I made a major effort to treat everyone else I met that day with the same unassuming kindness.

I hope you guys can also share some kindness you've received, or even just positive news stories you come across. I know this world isn't all roses and puppies, but it's not all bad too so lets talk about some of the good shit.

"How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with puppies."
Brother Nature is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 09-13-2018, 04:46 PM #2
CosmicGiggle

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Cool

Well I'm seriously outa pot and waiting to be stuck inside for abt 3 -4 days waiting out the hurricane when an old friend from a more friendly state calls and sez he has an extra oz. he'd like to unload ASAP.

So it looks like I'll be riding this out in style rather than cowering in the corner under a blanket!
CosmicGiggle is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:35 PM #3
OldSchoolGrow

OldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
Well I'm seriously outa pot and waiting to be stuck inside for abt 3 -4 days waiting out the hurricane when an old friend from a more friendly state calls and sez he has an extra oz. he'd like to unload ASAP.

So it looks like I'll be riding this out in style rather than cowering in the corner under a blanket!

Here is a nice little story:

At my local ARCO, the cars were backed up. There must be a feeder pump out because half of the pumps are shut down, and the gas that is being pumped is taking forever. Once I finally get up to the pump, I have to put in $100 for my 30 gallon tank, and didn't even get it filled up all the way. Out of the corner of my eye, I see what appears to be a homeless man approaching cars that are in line to pump gas, and asking for money.

Dude gets turned away from at least 10 cars, then he approaches me. "Hey buddy, can I wash your window for some cash?" he asked. I laughed because my truck is a working truck, that works daily on fine clay dirt roads, and is completely trashed. I told the guy instead of wasting his time, I would just throw him 20$. He kind of circled my truck for a minute saying things like, "no man, I want to work for my cash." I took the time to have a conversation with him, found out why he is having troubles. I just looked him in the eye and told him there is nothing wrong with receiving a hand up, if you take that hand up to make yourself better.

Guy was crying, the old couple at the pump next to me was crying, it was a sob fest. I gave the guy a hug, and told him good luck. As he walked away from my pump, the cars that had turned him away are now handing him cash.

Remember folks, it's always darkest before dawn. Be the light for those in the darkness, and hope they will be your light when you are consumed in darkness. That is true love.

Last edited by Babbabud; 09-13-2018 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: rude comments and untruths in a thread that was supposed to be positive
OldSchoolGrow is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:36 PM #4
OldSchoolGrow

OldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the roughOldSchoolGrow is a jewel in the rough
Double post.
OldSchoolGrow is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 06:24 PM #5
Hermanthegerman
Dont fake the funk!

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
Something positive?

(Good idea for a thread)
Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:06 PM #6
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to beholdbigtacofarmer is a splendid one to behold
Psychedelics are becoming mainstream. Between all the news about it online and the fact the darkweb has made high quality tested products available to everyone I see no way they are putting the lid back on. And all the negative probaganda will be outweighed by science this time around.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:43 PM #7
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
I am really enjoying this guys videos. I know its a small thing but I want to help him travel and keep filming.So I sent him some $.

I would also like to share his films with all y all

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

https://youtu.be/YClkbucF3rs

Bicycle related...

P. S. nice one 0.P.

Last edited by gaiusmarius; 09-16-2018 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: embedding code fixed
hayday is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:05 PM #8
CosmicGiggle

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Cool

" Please try again later." it must be good if everyone's clicking on it.

..... and I will try again.
CosmicGiggle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:54 PM #9
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
Soory about the vid not working. I have added a link to my post so you all can view it. Make sure to watch more of his films.
This one is nuts ...
https://youtu.be/5aTViwJWmCY

Old 09-13-2018, 10:57 PM #10
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
The nicest genetics I have were a gift.

2 mins into the safa tries to kill me video, intense footage.

2 members found this post helpful.