What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pain free hash making made easy

I

igrohydro

I find a bubble bag inside out over a bowl does the job great.
I always like to mix a little dry sift in with the bubble,it makes a much tastier smoke. :rasta:
Its a great way for small amounts trim also.
Great thread.

DonBong

:rasta: Very nice thread.. helped me out and I also loved the Butane honey oil for dummies-thread. safety first always!!

N

narutonut

Yo Chief!!! :respect: big time man!!! Great thread and great advice from others. I'm gonna go place my order for that tumbler right now :laughing:

NN

T

thcbear

chief...great thread.

try this to press it..
we took ours and put it in a cig cellophane. fold it up and put it in a 3 by 5 index card. then we taped the edges. next we put that in a moist washcloth and then ironed it. keep turning the card and washcloth over to do both sides.

C

Chamba

Chopped up a bunch of popcorn & trim last night, turned on for 20 min. Amount of keif was much less than I had expected.
I think though my trim & popcorn is just not dry enough. I left it in my drying box for 5 days, I think I may put it back in for a week just to see if that helps.

for best results use plant material that has been well cured and stored for over 4, 5 or 6 months before it gets near a mesh.

C

Chamba

Chiefsmokingbud

not sure if you mentioned this, have you re-tumbled the collected powder through the same or finer size mesh cylinder before?..find it worthwhile? I find resifting works well with flat screens & really improves the purity, just stop when about 80% has passed through the mesh

btw are you working on a new tutorial/thread?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Chamba, yes I almost always resieve kief on a flat screen and it does improve quality. I usually don't have a problem with leaf matter but when I resieve it removes most of the stalks. I'll usually resieve on a 117 and 75 micron screen gently. Haven't really given much thought to a new tutorial but I'm open to ideas as time permits.

Sunset

Haven't logged in for a long while.
Still using my tumbler. I don't get the quantity I expected though. I have some material that has been in the freezer for 6 months. Break it up like crazy, still no large amount dropped. Yes it is good "feed" stock.. I have a old Afghan Momma who produces a whole lot of Trich's.
I have found if I shake the drum like crazy above the plastic box, I get plenty. The tumbler just doesn't seem to agitate the material enough. I have tried using less & more dried material, hasn't seemed to make any difference.

Any suggestions, pointers?

C

Chamba

it would be nice if okief could come with an advanced design that incorporates circular movement and vibration

though unless it had suspension, it would be tough on the main shaft bearings

this vibration could be cheaply incorporated into the design with a simple cam

Last edited:
C

Chamba

"Try puttin a few coins in it, then tumble. BC"

or a few half bricks..lol

I think anything as sharp, heavy or hard as coins would only intro more contaminants...use balls as Chief says, use less material at a time, frozen material that contains resin heads etc..monitor your progress with magnification etc

Chief maybe a variable speed dial would help?..slower for the first run and faster for the quantity runs?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Sunset there are so many factors that play into yield it's not funny. Head size vs screen size, amount of actual heads, relative humidity, material dryness, etc. I've got 4 drums so I can pretty much select the optimum screen size(s) depending on what strain I'm running and consistently get 10% yield. What strain are you running and what screen size are you using? For indicas you want to use the larger screen sizes initially 110, and 125. Sativas you can go 125 and 140. Also have you cleaned out your screen? Screens do over time clog.
One thing I haven't seen anyone incorporate into a tumbler yet is putting fin(s) inside the drum. If you've ever seen a cement mixer they have one or more fins inside that help mix the cement

Sunset

I have the SS 110, seems to be plenty of heads. I have a very old Indica shes is a very frosty gal.

Straight out of the freezer, chop chop chop w/hand chopper, back to freezer.
Then run.

I have to say this though, I threw a bunch of little popcorn in the trash bag from a harvest last fall. When I opened the bag to turn some, it smelled really nice.
I pulled some of those lil nugs out to smoke.
Holy cow, that stuff was soo nice & sweet.
Crazy what a 11 month cure in the freezer does..