Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW

Thread Title Search
A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2018, 11:11 PM #1271
Bwanabud

Bwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenou812 View Post
its a simple shutoff ball valve that goes between the pump and the manifold... to regulate pressure and flow... sometimes each feed line will need them to even out the flow....
Correct, the valve must go on the outlet side of the pump...or it starves the pump of water...and can burn it's azz up. On the outlet side the pump gets all the water it wants(to supply to piping, or to cool motor), and you can fine tune the total gph rating/timer run time to perfection(amount of pots, size of pots, head pressure static).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 07:21 PM #1272
merkaba

merkaba has a spectacular aura aboutmerkaba has a spectacular aura aboutmerkaba has a spectacular aura about
Just stopping by to bump this awesome thread.....we have been rocking a variation of this technique for a while now and just absolutely kill it. Regularly getting 2.5 per table...a few times bumped up to 3. We run between 6 and 8 per table in 6" pots, drip 5 times a cycle (lights on). Running Canna Coco A&B with a bloom booster and a lil epsom salt. Can not speak highly enough about the system and the results. Once you figure out how to not overwater the coco, its game on! Best of luck everyone!
merkaba is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:38 AM #1273
Hookah79

Hookah79 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
If you want to get pro about it, use a Toro Evolution Ag sprinkler controller to split your garden into zones using sprinkler solenoids. I use a similar setup to feed 14 zones from 3 different reservoirs / nutrient mixes using one pump (Leader 1HP).
Does the toro evolution let you asign each zone separately as in minutes apart on the same program?.I have a basic orbit 4 zone controller and the only way that i can seperate zone 1 from zone 2 say like 5 minutes apart is to put em on a different program.As it stands zone 2 kicks on as soon as the 1st one stops.
Hookah79 is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 08:27 PM #1274
beta

beta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah79 View Post
Does the toro evolution let you asign each zone separately as in minutes apart on the same program?.I have a basic orbit 4 zone controller and the only way that i can seperate zone 1 from zone 2 say like 5 minutes apart is to put em on a different program.As it stands zone 2 kicks on as soon as the 1st one stops.
Sort of... The EvoAg lets you set up up to 3 separate 'looping' schedules (A, B, and C) that can each have their own start time, end time, on time, and off time. You can add any valve to a schedule and it will follow that schedule's rules. When a schedule executes it fires off each valve one at a time in order according to the rules until it's done. Schedules can run concurrently.

A simple example is two separate rezs to two separate destinations with completely different timings. Schedule A controls the inputs (rezs), Schedule B controls veg output, and Schedule C controls flower output. Veg and flower can both have multiple zones.
beta is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 07:13 AM #1275
Hookah79

Hookah79 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Sort of... The EvoAg lets you set up up to 3 separate 'looping' schedules (A, B, and C) that can each have their own start time, end time, on time, and off time. You can add any valve to a schedule and it will follow that schedule's rules. When a schedule executes it fires off each valve one at a time in order according to the rules until it's done. Schedules can run concurrently.

A simple example is two separate rezs to two separate destinations with completely different timings. Schedule A controls the inputs (rezs), Schedule B controls veg output, and Schedule C controls flower output. Veg and flower can both have multiple zones.
That’s how the Orbit controller operates.Solenoids power up one at a time Simultaneously.It would be awesome to be able to have a 30 second delay per zone at the same program.
Hookah79 is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2018, 06:14 AM #1276
DannyHB7

DannyHB7 is on a distinguished road
I decided to switch to coco from soil after reading this thread. Ran an 8 lighter with FloraFlex's new PotPro system. The growth rate and vigor using small pots and multi-feeding is unbelievable!

These photos were taken 4 days apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_095251.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	450031 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180316_181354.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	450032
DannyHB7 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:46 AM #1277
ThaMagnificent
The Biggest Boss Thus Far...

ThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura aboutThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura aboutThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura aboutThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura about
I want to get into drip but don't know where to start. Is it better to convert my existing flood tables into drip or try a floraflex all in one kit?
ThaMagnificent is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2018, 01:22 PM #1278
mowood3479

mowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to behold
If you have flood tables ur way ahead of the game..
Just buy some 1/2” poly.. some 1/4” poly some t’s and elbows and of u want to have more control some 1/2” ball valves and some 1/4” ball valves
Run a rectangle (manifold) with the 1/2” poly around the outside of ur flood table
Set up with a 1/4” poly line to each plant..(make sure the 1/4” lines are all the same size)
That’s basically it.
There is a great diy thread here on ic
If u google :Pico’s manifold it should bring you to the thread
mowood3479 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:40 PM #1279
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaMagnificent View Post
I want to get into drip but don't know where to start. Is it better to convert my existing flood tables into drip or try a floraflex all in one kit?

Mowood took care of ya. I copy picos ideas too. I like open 1/4" lines, so theres never clogs. Also level manifold, and equal 1/4" tubes to each site, and watering is equal. Id add a by pass valve or anti siphon valve. or with the 1/2" raindrip for manifold line, I usually just plug a 1/4" barbed connector into it, inside the res, so it can shoot into the res, mixing and adding oxygen, but also breaking the siphon, so the plants don't get overwatered once the pump turns off the cycle. You can use pvc manifolds or whatever you want. The trick to open ended tubes with no drip emiters (to avoid clogs and high pressure/high wattage pumps), is the level manifold n equal 1/4" lines to each plant site.

Ive bought a few of the flora flex components. They are fine, but overpriced for what they are. I bought the large ones for 7 gallon pots, and the hole made for the plant wasn't close to big enough for my plants. lol
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2018, 08:11 PM #1280
ThaMagnificent
The Biggest Boss Thus Far...

ThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura aboutThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura aboutThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura aboutThaMagnificent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowood3479 View Post
If you have flood tables ur way ahead of the game..
Just buy some 1/2” poly.. some 1/4” poly some t’s and elbows and of u want to have more control some 1/2” ball valves and some 1/4” ball valves
Run a rectangle (manifold) with the 1/2” poly around the outside of ur flood table
Set up with a 1/4” poly line to each plant..(make sure the 1/4” lines are all the same size)
That’s basically it.
There is a great diy thread here on ic
If u google :Pico’s manifold it should bring you to the thread
Is the square manifold made out of tubing or pvc pipe? I think another member on here (Apenous?) has a similar design with pvc

also saw this on ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bay-Hydro-T...53.m1438.l2649

ThaMagnificent is offline Quote