Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Mixing old dry cutted stem pieces into coco?

Thread Title Search
Mixing old dry cutted stem pieces into coco? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 05:16 AM #1
doams

doams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nice
Question Mixing old dry cutted stem pieces into coco?

Got these month old dry stems and was thinking about cutting em to little pieces and mixing that into coco.

Should I ph treat cutted stems by soaking em and is this good idea overall?

Thx.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:52 PM #2
eebbnflow

eebbnflow will become famous soon enough
WHY LOL

I honestly don’t think it is beneficial . Sitting along for the ride
eebbnflow is offline Quote

Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 PM #3
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
on the face of it there might be one benefit. fibers in the stems would move water just as the fibers in the coco husk do which is a stated benefit of coco. coco is so great though why fuck with it.

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 PM #4
doams

doams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebbnflow View Post
WHY LOL

I honestly don’t think it is beneficial . Sitting along for the ride
Cant just throw those stems away easy thats bad right was thinking about getting rid of em by mixing em into coco which I could throw away together with processed stems in it.. best would be mixing those stems into dust and throw that away.. but how?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:01 PM #5
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
I use pieces of stems as mulch, mixed with aloe leaf slices and yucca stem slices. Keeps moisture in. Keeps the bacteria and other micro organisms more active.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:05 PM #6
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you're in an apartment.

Short of a compost bin on a porch, there always the easy route of an open dumpster. Construction sites are easy peasy.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 03-17-2018, 11:29 PM #7
-BRR-
IC Mag Supporter

-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about
The one thing that would err me against this is potential for any diseases to be passed on although this could be said for root residue I guess, dunno...Just uneducated rambling anyway.
-BRR- is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 12:41 AM #8
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by doams View Post
Cant just throw those stems away easy thats bad right was thinking about getting rid of em by mixing em into coco which I could throw away together with processed stems in it.. best would be mixing those stems into dust and throw that away.. but how?
there is the mistake- you should reuse the coco. i add some more coco to mine once in awhile but been using mostly the same coco for 5 years

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 02:31 AM #9
doams

Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv View Post
I use pieces of stems as mulch, mixed with aloe leaf slices and yucca stem slices. Keeps moisture in. Keeps the bacteria and other micro organisms more active.
how small are those pieces/do they decompose/broke down after some time completely to dust?

what about mold and those pieces are you using some bleach on top?

Thx.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:10 AM #10
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant future
Would have to go with adjusting the ph of stems prior to tossing them. Seems like some kind some kind of ritual or ceremony might appropriate.