What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic weed's small garden

Organic Weed

Hello Folk
I want to share with you a cycle where I've learnt how to grow organically...
This is my cabinet, built on my own, 65cmx65cmx175cm (2ftx2ftx6ft).

I basically used Subcool's recipe and modified it a little bit.

I always use EM, even in the middle of the cycle. It stabilises pH and boosts microbiological activity for helping organic processes going on.

Organic Weed

After 20 days into veg I put them in a 5 gal (18 L) pots... Too big for plants that vegetated 49 days counted from emergence, but I didn't know how much fuel they needed :skiiing:

Organic Weed

These are my 3 plants, White Widow, Kosher Kush and Northern Light at day 35 into veg... I bloomed at day 49.

I used LST and did some serious defoliation before the 21st day... that may have compromised some of the harvest... plants need training but no stress

Organic Weed

I harvested at day 66-69... I could have waited a little bit longer maybe

Attachments

• harvest 1.jpg
    harvest 1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 7
  • harvest 2.jpg
    harvest 2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
  • harvest 3.jpg
    harvest 3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 6
  • harvest 4.jpg
    harvest 4.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 6
  • harvest 5.jpg
    harvest 5.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 6

Organic Weed

Dry harvest

Dry harvest

The result was a little bit below a oz for the NL e WW. The Kosher was about half an ounce, a little bit more. Kosher Kush from DNA/Reserva Privada doesn't produce as much but the smoke is top class... if you have little like in my case, you use it for the special occasions. It lets you flight in a softness that you'll never forget... high staff grade and organically grown.. the best.

Northern Light from Sensi/White label is a great classic and never got disappointed. A classic form the 90's... I used to smoke it during my trips to 'Dam... Great indica... missing the old days...

White Widow from Sensi was ok, not too strong, but not really for me... light smoke... will try other seeds and see if I got a lazy pheno....

Attachments

• harvest dry 3.jpg
    harvest dry 3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 7
  • harvest dry 2.jpg
    harvest dry 2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
  • harvest dry 1.jpg
    harvest dry 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 6

Organic Weed

I did some mistakes: too much defoliation before day 21 into bloom; too much LST; maybe I didn't give enough water; the soil also was discharged a little bit too much before the end; I had high temp, often above 33 °C...
I used a 250 HPS agro from the beginning til half the bloom and the went up to a 400...
I should have gotten at least 40 gr/plant and maybe 25-30 from the KK...
This is the reason why I decided to start another cycle

Organic Weed

Recycling my super soil and making it "High Brix"

Recycling my super soil and making it "High Brix"

In the second cycle I recycled my super soil and started building the High Brix soil.

Attachments

• IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Inoculants.jpg
    Inoculants.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Germnation.jpg
    Germnation.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5

Organic Weed

High Brix Soil is a soil that allows cannabis' plants to measure a high brix. The Brix is a measure of how many dissolved solids, carbohydrates and vitamins and other good stuff, are present in your plants.

Brix are measured with a refractometer. Just squeeze a couple of leaves and put a couple of drops on the refractometer and it will tell you a value between 0 and 30.

Usually everything above 8 starts to be OK... from 12 you start really scoring and the plant is pest resistant. Basically a brix is the measure of your plant to absorb the largest amount of nutrients and this is of course a function of many factors (light, T, Humidity, etc) but the soil is deemed to be te key factor.

High brix soil need to follow this relation:

Ca:Mn:p:K:N = 18:2:2:1:0.3
So Ca needs to be 18 times higher than K. Mn and P need to be twice and K. N must be pretty low.

A good relation is:

Calcium 2,243 mg/dm3
Magnesium 224 mg/dm3
Phosphate 224 mg/dm3
Potassium 112 mg/dm3
Nitrate N 22 mg/dm3 + Ammonia N 22 mg/dm3 = N 44 mg/dm3

I did a lab analysis and I didn't manage to respect the proportion... it is unlikely my soil will have deficiencies but my brix may not score that high...

Attachments

• Soil interpretation 3.png
    Soil interpretation 3.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Soil interpretation 2.png
    Soil interpretation 2.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Soil interpretation 1.png
    Soil interpretation 1.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 11.49.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 11.49.17 PM.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Lab analysis.jpg
    Lab analysis.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 7

Organic Weed

I have been germinating 4 seeds:

1 x Northern Light (Sensi/White label)
1 x CDB Shark Shock (CDB Crew)
1 x La Confidential (DNA)
1 x OG Kush (DNA)

I gave a little bit too much water at some point and maybe did get some pH unbalance that for resolved by leaving them with some thirst :huggg:

Attachments

• 1.5 l -1.jpg
    1.5 l -1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.5 l -2.jpg
    1.5 l -2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Too much water.jpg
    Too much water.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 7

Organic Weed

Bloom

Bloom

Now I use Led, 280 W in my cabin. I love it. T are low, no need to ventilate that much...

At day 39 I have bloomed them, adding

1 x Critical+ (Dinafem)
1 x Santa Muerte (Billburn)

IMPORTANT: I keep giving them only water since they are born...:dance013:

This is my current cycle so in a couple of days I will post how my plants are doing
:tiphat:

Attachments

• 37 day -2.jpg
    37 day -2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 37 day -1.jpg
    37 day -1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 6
  • LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 6

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
nice little cab!

is the true wattage of the LED 280? that's pretty serious for that space!

good luck grower!

:lurk:

Organic Weed

Hi Heady Blunt.... thanks for visiting... Well, I've asked and they told me it's 280... It's 120 led x 3 W. Taking away the vent consumption and the downsizing of the potency in the led to make its life longer, it may actually be 280W. I've seen people producing easily 150 gr (5.3 oz) in a cabinet the same size as mine....

Day 10 from switch and 50 from emergence.

I've scored BRIX 10 at the beginning of the switch.

The picture shows before and after LST, a close up of a crop (that one was a little bit too much maybe :biggrin: ) and my cabin. I keep the led at about 20 cm distance (3 inch).

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3601.jpg
    IMG_3601.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8

Organic Weed

Still just giving only water. It is interesting to see that the Critical + is in a 7 l pot and the brix soil she is in didn't cook at all. Well she doesn't look at healthy as the others probably coz of no cooking... Eventually she'll get better in a month, when the bacteria have gone a long way in decomposing everything I put in it... I love organic... Next time I will also add some finely crushed charcoal. I've read it's great for the soil, up to 5% minimum in volume.

Granger2

Veteran
The LED should get your really high temps down. Looks to me like temps were why your production wasn't to your liking. Good luck. -granger

Organic Weed

Hey Granger2 yes, high T were for sure a leading problem in my previous grow... Led is giving me way less troubles... Let's see how it will perform in terms of quality and quantity

Organic Weed

Day 21 into bloom. I have been pruning the big leaves that where in between. Nothing radical but I took away most of the largest leaves. Just what is necessary to see the shape I gave to the plant.
Do you prune guys?
If yes how, when and how much?

Organic Weed

just to complement the previous post with some pictures.
Brix between 12 and 15 on all plants

OG Kush after pruning - day 21

OG Kush before pruning - day 21

Northern light before pruning - day 21

Northern light aftre pruning - day 21

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
cute shears! are they the little bonsai ones? I have the same pair!

I open up the middle the same way.