What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poppy seeds

elkie

does anyone know where to get the somniferum seeds from ? Izmir oil and spice had really beautiful afghan poppy seeds, but their sight is down. Does anyone have any other reliable sources ? thanks...Elk..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
actually,if you havent bothered to take the 2 seconds required to google it and discover the dozens of places to order them you should probably reconsider...opiates are nothing to mess with...stay in school!

Last edited:

elkie

lol really ? I did do research, but nothing looked legit, the only way I knew about Izmir was from a member back from CW around 2000-01..so I figured it smarter to hear from a member here with experience...judging by your response, id say it was a mistake...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol really ? I did do research, but nothing looked legit, the only way I knew about Izmir was from a member back from CW around 2000-01..so I figured it smarter to hear from a member here with experience...judging by your response, id say it was a mistake...
clearly you did the wrong research then,its a plant,it has a scientific name,it was,as i said,easy enough to find a dozen places you can mail order them from,only like 30 bux for 5000 seeds..
and i didnt even look that long,a minute tops..

therevverend

Veteran
Typing in papaver somniferum and going with the first seeds which pop up sounds dumb. Kinda like typing in cannabis sativa and ordering the first seeds which pop up.
I was gifted some poppy seeds a while back grew them for a number of years. They had an interesting effect but it seemed a little off. Took it to the lab and had it tested. They contained paperverin a muscle relaxer. No opiates. Still I enjoyed the effects they were beautiful flowers, grew them for a few years.
With poppies you almost have to get a chemical analysis. Poppies have been bred for so long the term opium is not a good description. Some were bred for beauty, some for seed. Some were bred as medicine for particular ailments over thousands of years. Some were bred for codeine contain no morphine. Others were bred for morphine only. Some have a delightful cocktail of codeine, morphine, and god only knows what else. Some make you puke, some make you sleep. A lot of them will get you strung out. No matter which one you get be sure and test it. Opium contains many drugs.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
granted thats all true,but they still arent that hard to locate,and what you're saying only supports my saying not something to be messed with casually...

therevverend

Veteran
I agree. No drug should be taken casually. People are terribly uneducated when it comes to opiates. As a society we have an opiate phobia. Our government encourages this feeds peoples fears to make billions from it's war on drugs. And makes billions concocting new and more dangerous synthetic opiates to keep people addicted. Punishes them when they have a habit. When you're partying with your friends you can be the life of the party with your opiates. Tell your family and friends you're addicted to opiates and you will be a pariah. People will treat you like a leper.
Opiates are essential. So many people cannot function from their pain. They are able to live normal lives shop for themselves, cook, dress, grow a garden because of opiates. But everyone reads horror stories in the newspaper about people overdosing doctors abusing their powers handing out oxycontin and methadone like candy. People have to have these drugs no one should have to live in pain. Or be afraid or persecuted for seeking treatment for that pain.
All the different names, forms, ways of using it all confuses people. Junk is junk. Call it heroin, oxycontin, percocet, vicodin, methadone, opium it's all the same thing. The drug the dentist gives you when you get a tooth pulled will get you addicted just like the street heroin someone shoots up. You can overdose on the poppies in grandma's back yard just like you can on china white.
Being addicted to opiates is nothing to be ashamed of. If you are addicted to opiates there are millions of people like you. And there is help when you are ready for it.
Methadone works for some people. It saves their lives. You will not have to be dependent on street drugs chase drug dealers around all day worry about overdosing or getting an infection. Does not work for others. Suboxone works for some people. Other people just have to quit. All these things are hard but anything you want in life is hard. The main thing is there is help. You don't have to suffer alone.
I find it ironic that people commit crimes all the time to obtain a drug that grows in gardens all across the world. Any addict could supply themselves with all they need with rudimentary gardening skills. But then all the treatment centers, doctors, agents, cops would have to find something else to do. Don't think I'll ever understand people.

You can get Lophs on eBay if you know where to look ;-)
Also, some people may find dried heads for floral arrangements, in technical legal noncompliance - but they sell so well.

I really should be able to get Lophophora along with my Cannabis seed order from the UK. Not Papaver, obviously. Just saying.

Lazuli

i think its pretty CrAzY that poppies (opium included) are legal to grow in california as long as you grow them as an ordament (but whos going to know) but you cant grow cannabis or even hemp for that matter unless your a medical patient.

Latest posts

Latest posts