What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resin on my loupe

Tonka

What's the best way to get resin off the loupe lens? lol I'm a dumb ass. Should check the ladies b4 hitting the cones from now on

YetiOG

What's the best way to get resin off the loupe lens? lol I'm a dumb ass. Should check the ladies b4 hitting the cones from now on

Try alcohol, either drinking or rubing kind works...

Pretty much like 100 different solvents would work i cant list them all...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would use a little cooking oil. thats what i use to clean resin off my hands. oil, then soap to wash the oil off.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wouldnt use alcohol if the loupe was acrylic. it would be fine for glass though and less messy i guess.

YetiOG

i wouldnt use alcohol if the loupe was acrylic. it would be fine for glass though and less messy i guess.

Ethanol would be cleaner than oil dude and any extra would just evaporate.

Theres acrylic loupes? Thats so cheap sounding i wouldnt buy that shit...

RedACD

Like others have already said alcohol should work. Plus it'll clean up and disinfect the loupe. :watchplant:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ethanol would be cleaner than oil dude and any extra would just evaporate.

Theres acrylic loupes? Thats so cheap sounding i wouldnt buy that shit...

hey there yetiOG, i agree glass is better but acrylic is used a lot in optics these days. most spectacles have acrylic lenses. its also safer i guess.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts