What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By the Danube - Panama Haze, Queen Mother and Peyote Purple

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ yesum:

i'm a bit further north @46°N, yet i guess we got the same kind of climate ( but no chernozem here sadly). Although this year September was quite cloudy and cold, October was nicely dry and hot. Now the weather got colder and wetter, but that really is a nice way to test cold/mold resistance in our beloved sativas.
The only bad thing is when you have to harvest too early, the effect of the high can be quite racy and unconfortable. But I can relate with the psychedelic high you had, it's often like that with great genetics, and i guess that's what we seek as sativa's tokers.

BTW your plants are really lovely looking with their purple hues!

Now i want to pop those purple haze x panama beans i got in the fridge, and all that because of you! :)

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you for the good words, people!
Pepé, I could take all the blame, but of course I'm only a small part in the causal chain that has led to these nice purple buds :) These beans are worth trying!
This evening I've been smoking the first properly dried small buds from the early broken branches, i.e. very immature buds, and I must say this weed is very impressing, even if harvested in the end of October, like these branches. It has an old-school all-around high which is just so strong, yet enjoyable. It engulfs you, it's wild, you are lost into it for at least an hour and then it slowly dissipates for a few more hours to almost no burnout. Very mental and interesting, though quite introvert. You just need good music and you are floating far away for a few hours :)
Yesterday I smoked some Peyote Purple (#1), it's potency has increased significantly for a month of curing, now the effect feels stronger, though still pleasant and relaxed. But it has that really annoying feature of making everything you smoke after it weak. Even the Panama Haze, smoked 3 hours after the PP, only feels clean and refreshing, with very weak trippy effect, which is surprising considering its very strong effect when my cannabinoid system is not "clogged" with indica junk. These indicas are simply not designed for people who want to get high many times per day :) Fortunately, the Panama Haze is, it sends to space every time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss,

Really happy to see you have been able to finish properly this season most of the strains. Congrats! :)

I'm glad you are enjoying a lot with the Panama Haze effect :D despite she didn't have the time to finish properly at your latitude, the prematured beautiful reddish Panama Haze buds look really resinous and appealing, even though they are not fully matured.

Your Panama Haze is without any doubt Purple Haze #23 x Panama Goddess, curious to know your opinion comparing her with the other greener Panama Haze phenos that your friends were growing.

yoss33

Veteran
The Panama Haze was harvested on the 8th of November. It could go longer, the weather was not too bad, but the later-harvested samples were with more calm effect and since I don't want it too calm, the decision was made. It took me a few evenings to manicure the pound and a half of sticky buds. Very pleased with the yield and quality!
The fresh buds' smell at harvest was more "soft" than in the beginning of flowering, the smell is mostly of pineapple slightly gone sour. And when the bud is pressed with fingers, the smell becomes more complex and perfume-like.
I think the harvest time was more or less correct, as the effect of the just-dried buds is great! Not as intense as the early harvest, but more clear and practical. Still kind of dense and deep, but in the same time so pleasant and fresh, I can't stop smoking it :)
My friends harvested their Panama Hazes a few days after me. One of them, grown guerrilla style, is also purple, and the other one - grown on a balcony in the town - only of green colors. Soon I'll try these and share my impressions.

yoss33

Veteran
Hello, people!
I decided to give a quick follow-up on the Panama Haze after a year of curing. A month ago I took a few photos of buds I kept from the 3 Panama Haze plants (mine and the 2 grown by friends).
I couldn't take a good photo of the small bud from the green pheno that my friend grew on a balcony, it's not very photogenic anyways, I smoked the bigger buds that my friend gave me long ago.

Purple Haze x Panama
PH#1
picture.php

PH#2
picture.php

They have more or less the same soft aroma of grapes and lavender and very smooth and thick smoke that fills the room with incense. Everyone that smokes it for the first time, comments on the similarity of exhaled smoke with frankincense, though the flavor is not exactly of frankincense, but of similar aromatic woody resin.
Very interesting detail is that the buds from both plants have difficulty burning as if there's some fire-retardant inside of them. It's not moisture as even very dry buds do it. They just produce a lot of smoke and fire goes off if you delay the next toke.
The effect feels kind, easy and pleasant in all doses. PH#1 has more of the pleasant body feeling, otherwise the essence of the high is the same in both - positive and relaxed, dreamy-but-clean state of the highest quality. Not very active but very social and happy. I'm surprised how much women like it - I have received compliments from women that we have smoked lots of weed together with, but they've never been so happy and eager to smoke more.
For me, the effect is too mellow and pleasant for smoking in the beginning of a working day, but is nice for a leisure evening or weekend, or anytime relaxing with friends.
I have a jar from an early-harvest (about 20th of Oct) PH#1, from a broken branch, and it's high has less body (more similar to PH#2).

P.S. From the description, this might seem like a quality indica effect, but belive me, there's no indica like that - it's as pleasant as the most pleasant indica but in the same time it's more clean, sober, interesting and stimulating mentally and without any after effects than most sativas. True Haze inside!

Green Haze x Panama
picture.php

Disclaimer: This plant was harvested a bit too immature (due to security reasons).
I can't comment on the smell and flavor, it was a bit too weak due to improper drying. But even too dry, it was smooth smoke.
The effect was more close to a classic "sativa" effect. Very mental, trippy, a bit paranoid at times. Some speediness and edge can be felt. All in the head.

If I had only one weed to smoke, perhaps I'd chose the green version over the purple, so that I can smoke it during the day and still be active. But that's only me and my desire to be as high as possible while still being focused and productive in my daily live.
But I actually prefer to smoke an active african during the day and smoke the purple Panama Haze in the evenings and in general when relaxing. It should be called Soft Haze.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss,

Thanks for revisiting your Panama Haze after 1 year of curing and for sharing your insights with us.
Glad to hear the females you grew produce the classic incensey/frankincense old school Haze smell in the air when the flowers are smoked.

You are right .... pure Oldtimer's Haze flowers (or very dominant hybrids of her) have difficulty to burn compared with the more modern tamed strains, she is really untamed even for that hehehehe

Panama Haze is not a soft Haze, if you grown her properly indoors or in a warm climate her potency can be mind blowing, as well as the yield.
The Green Haze phenos are usually more speedic, electric, extroverted and enchancing, while Purple Haze phenos are more dreamy and introspective, maybe more relaxing too, but as you correctly pointed out without a single touch of indica influence.

Hope you have been enjoying with Panama Haze for the whole year! ;)

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks! And yes, it was and continues to be well enjoyed :)
I have to clarify: when I say soft, I don't mean weak, but the opposite of "sharp" :) It's just that the effect is not electric or edgy - it's smooth and comfortable, even when you smoke a lot and are completely engulfed in dreams. The potency and quality of the mental effect is great, with very high ceiling, that's why I said there's true Haze inside.
I'd call Panama also "soft", and again it is not about potency and ceiling, but about the kind of effect. Most of the Panamas I've tried are even too soft and calm for me, their potency didn't help them. Not that they aren't "mind-blowing" in their own way - once under the influence of Panama, I was thinking how hard it is to stand up from my chair in the living-room and then opening my eyes and realizing I'm actually standing, bent on the wall in the kitchen. It was shocking.

Latest posts

Latest posts