What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HASHISH

Jon 54

When was the last time that You were able to secure a OZ. of Black Hash? Now I mean the real deal not some domestic bubble bag product which many consider to be the authentic thing but I for one sure don't. I mean the product from Central Asia whose odor can bring back the days of old, the early seventies late sixties when we all thought that we could change the world through the use of a high grade smoke and our own brand of music. I am so very fortunate to have been turned onto a ounce of Iranian black. It puts dreams back into my head unlike anything that I have smoked in over forty or so years.

Have a Merry Christmas All

Jon :santa1::peppermintstick::xmastree::xmastree::thanks:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the last time was in 1969- black/black hash... we had it for about a week/10days... once it was gone, I have never seen anything close to it... not in a'dam, calif,Co, anywhere- and if today's weed is so much stronger then yesteryear , then why is the bubble and dry sift we make no where as good???...

hence my belief that 'good' weed from the 60's/70's was superior then what we grow today...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
seen temple balls, staight up black that was all heads (most impressive shit ive ever seen due to amount and just heads) and what I was told to be Lebanese

picture.php

i have seen tons of killer sift, melt and bubble made in the states

Green Squall

How would one reproduce authentic black hash from say Afghanistan? I've seen many videos line. Isn't it just pressed and heated kief?

I made two kinds of hash my last run. Bubble hash and pressed kief from my box. I liked the pressed stuff better.

mr.brunch

Veteran
The black hash we used to get was rubbed off the buds by hand... have had similar results by working a ball of ice hash with fingers and thumbs when nearly dry. Still a little whitish/sandy colour in the centre though.

Cvh

Supermod
Everyday if I want. Authentic imported hash is still on the menu in the dutch coffeeshops. Not many growers make bubble or tumblerhash because it's not worth the effort in comparison to the low prices of imported hash.
It's actually the other way around here, the stronger and more expensive bubblehash -which is more rarer here- are more sought after.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
have not seen real hash since the civil wars erupted in Lebanon. used to get bricks/slabs of blonde in woven cotton bags with a cedar tree impressed into the slab. sure miss that shit...

Cvh

Supermod
Below you can find a link to a large thread dedicated to all the imported hash which is readily available in Europe. Personnaly I think Moroccans make the best hash into the world. But I do also like that soft black afghan hash. It's so soft you can roll it into little sausages with only using your fingers. Effects are highly narcotic with a body sensation that one might wonder if they mixed opium into it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=21256

GoatCheese

Veteran
How would one reproduce authentic black hash from say Afghanistan? I've seen many videos line. Isn't it just pressed and heated kief?

I made two kinds of hash my last run. Bubble hash and pressed kief from my box. I liked the pressed stuff better.

The black hash we used to get was rubbed off the buds by hand... have had similar results by working a ball of ice hash with fingers and thumbs when nearly dry. Still a little whitish/sandy colour in the centre though.

The Afghan black soft hash is not hand-rubbed. They cooked it on steel pans and open flame. First they add some water and some pollen/resin on a heated pan to make it soft then they work it with their hands or what ever, for a good while, re-heating the hash every now and then.
There is or was a video at YouTube where a crusty-toed hash-cooker shows how this stuff is made.:biggrin:
..he fuggin heats the hash on gas-heater , just trows the worked hash platelet of the cooker, and who knows what's in that gas they use! ..might not be food-grade. No wonder many people get head aches from cheap afghan.

Some softer, darker Morrocan isn't actually cooked, but they pound a lump of resin with wooden clubs to get the oil out. Many times these are called "caramello" in Holland, cause the hash is made into 3-5 gram eggs for smugglers to swallow or what ever.
..to some really squidgy soft morrocans you see in Amsterdam and Spain, they add hash oil to go with the resin. These are also very dark usually, but not hand rubbed chars or cooked hash.

There is also darker pressed pollen hash from Afghanistan, but can't call it black really, dark greyish brown. This type of hash is called 'Garda' in Afghanistan-paki-nepal, uncooked pollen hash that is. Looks different to the cooked hash also,.

The cooked afghan/paki hash comes in many different grades,as do all types of hash, from top quality to adulturated shit.
:)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I was able to get as many 250g. blocks of black Afghan/Indian hash as I wanted in 1984.....
They were shaped like flattened hockey pucks (about 5 inch diameter X 1 inch thick) and were wrapped and sealed in the same red paper that firecrackers used to come in..

I didn't take these photos, but I think they are fairly recent, from the far northern region of India...

Attachments

• hash.jpg
    hash.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
  • harvest.jpg
    harvest.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 24
  • northern India.jpg
    northern India.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 20

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
demand effects supply

I work to live not live to work so I don't have much disposable income BUT I spent my money to support the products of other growers here and around the world to help ensure they stick around

be good family

Green Squall

The Afghan black soft hash is not hand-rubbed. They cooked it on steel pans and open flame. First they add some water and some pollen/resin on a heated pan to make it soft then they work it with their hands or what ever, for a good while, re-heating the hash every now and then.
There is or was a video at YouTube where a crusty-toed hash-cooker shows how this stuff is made.:biggrin:
..he fuggin heats the hash on gas-heater , just trows the worked hash platelet of the cooker, and who knows what's in that gas they use! ..might not be food-grade. No wonder many people get head aches from cheap afghan.

Some softer, darker Morrocan isn't actually cooked, but they pound a lump of resin with wooden clubs to get the oil out. Many times these are called "caramello" in Holland, cause the hash is made into 3-5 gram eggs for smugglers to swallow or what ever.
..to some really squidgy soft morrocans you see in Amsterdam and Spain, they add hash oil to go with the resin. These are also very dark usually, but not hand rubbed chars or cooked hash.

There is also darker pressed pollen hash from Afghanistan, but can't call it black really, dark greyish brown. This type of hash is called 'Garda' in Afghanistan-paki-nepal, uncooked pollen hash that is. Looks different to the cooked hash also,.

The cooked afghan/paki hash comes in many different grades,as do all types of hash, from top quality to adulturated shit.
:)

I have seen that video a couple times. I love learning about the ways hash is made is different countries.

I've always thought garda was just the raw material though? I could be wrong.

Stash

I lived in Germany for two and a half years 1969 to 1971. I had never seen hash before then and I had seen pot only one time in that time and just a match box. Nuremberg, Germany was a great transportation hub and a lot of hash went there before moving to other places. I went to Nureberg often and purchase 1,000 gram bricks of brown or green for $450 or I would get a 1,000 grams of good black or Red or Blond Lebanese for $500. It would sell in small knobs of what ever size (5 to 20 grams) you wanted for $1 a gram. I stayed high on the best shit in the world every day for two and a half years. Those were the good old days. You just can't find it in the USA. Later, Stash

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh boy, many moons ago ( circa 1979/80 ) I was running down in Fla to NYC and one of my customers in Brooklyn used to get this great Lebanese hash in white linen bags with a stamp of a guy on a camel with the pyramids behind him. There were 3 different colors with green being the best of the bunch .Well I bought enough of that to cut out each image on the bag and I paid someone to make me a shirt using these images, like a patchwork shirt and it was way cool until it went into the washing machine........oh well

soundman

I haven't seen the type of hash you are talking about since the mid eighties. Imported with gold leaf eagle on it.

Look up Frenchy Canolly (Spelling ?). He takes his bubble and heat presses, rolls, it and it comes out the closest I have seen to the good old stuff. I use very aged, at least a year, of good flower to make my bubble. Dry and aged is key to getting that old flavor and smell we are looking for.

I sure miss the real deal stuff. I miss it as much as real deal skunk bud.

jwm

Veteran
The best is still imports....I have access to a steady supply of whatever I want. Here's what I'm working on.
Mixture of 4 different strains
IMG_4549.JPG

Pavati Valley black. If you're a flavor chaser this is the absolute best!
IMG_4554.JPG

Red Leb.
IMG_4555.JPG