What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So does LED set up produce, tastier, more uplifting / sweating buds??

Hubbleman

Veteran
sweating = typo

Compare LED buds to HPS, outdoor ... How does LED bud quality goes???

Do they give u headache, negative experience sometimes? Burn unpleasantly, or feels like buds have been stressed too much and ain't very whole??

Or there juicy, happy gigly little trichomes ??

I'm saying this cos I'm not sure if led emmited light is holistic

For example microwave oven can sure cook food but microvawed foods molecular integrity is off

I hope I'm just being paranoid :dance013:

Koondense

Veteran

For example microwave oven can sure cook food but microvawed foods molecular integrity is off

You're being paranoid and uninformed, this goes hand in hand usually.
Microwave ovens works totally differently to a regular oven, led ligths(white like 3000-4000K) have a more "holistic" spectrum than almost any other light source used for growing(except cmh).
Get informed, learn, get experience... and your doubts will vanish and leave you in a blissful state.

Cheers :)

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
led ligths(white like 3000-4000K) have a more "holistic" spectrum than almost any other light source used for growing(except cmh).

Led is actually superior, the lighting science sticky in my signature explains it well.

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First not all LEDs are the same-far from it!

But lights from HGL, Amare Technology, Fluence (among others) are essential to get best lighting results. The rest is on the grower

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Get informed, learn, get experience... and your doubts will vanish and leave you in a blissful state.

Cheers :)
... and if in doubt, spark one :biggrin:

Dang! Google is the greatest librarian out there. You don't even have to leave the comfort of your own home. That being said... one needs to be capable of deciphering the chaff from the wheat and, the info is only as good as its corroboration :)

Medfinder

Chemon 91
1500 lum 14 watt.... 99 cent store leds 2700 k 4 per plant...

deep water bubble setup.

Certain OG strain harvest
picture.php

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

Do they give u headache, negative experience sometimes? Burn unpleasantly, or feels like buds have been stressed too much and ain't very whole??
I've been growing indoor with HPS and Flouros for 15+ years, and I've found the white-LED grown cannabis to be very close to the same. No glaring differences I can point to and say, "This is bad or very different from HPS/Flouro."
:tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Led Produces more light in the usable range for growth and flower than HPS/CMH, therefore being more "holistic" in the growth and end product (as well as more efficient).

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Why would LEDs be any more alien, unnatural or unholistic in terms of the photon waves they put out than CFL, HPS or MH etc etc?

If you can grow bud LEDs will do you as well as HPS..

If you dont understand growing basics and are liable to fuck up you grow in various other ways then it doesnt matter what you use because you cant grow. Bad tradesmen blame their tools.

If you are smart and know what you're doing you can get LEDs to out perform HIDs in a few regards imo..

I mean huge grow ops are using them, millions of people spark bud daily grown with LEDs..

But dude if you're intimidated by this "new" fangled (10-20 year+ year old) technology and feeling like the photons might invade your dreams and show you annunaki alien symbolism designed by hitlers head in a jar then just stick to what you know bro.. in fact LEDs have been around for nearly 60 years.

It works, its safe and its better than HID in every way for me full stop. Im glad I waited to buy in to LEDs because previous gens of chips have obviously been being improved upon as well as science surrounding red/blue dominant rigs VS full spectrum white LEDs.

You can grow good bud with just red and blue only,, which isnt "holistic" but plants dont give a fuck.. the two dominant chlorophylls peak activation is around those spikes but plants outside and inside expect UV, blue, green, red, far red in a growing season to inform normal growth hence white LEDs which include green are preferable.. green is actually important, plants only reflect 15% but its other pigments that are activated by green not chlorophyll a or b.

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Quality of the Light Emitting Diode is the major concern I myself use a Stealthy Samaritan model, he imo has the be the best LED maker out there. Will be getting three models for an increase of illumination I do though hear Lush is good too and same with I think they're called spectrum king

G

sweating = typo

Or there juicy, happy gigly little trichomes ??

I hope I'm just being paranoid :dance013:
Momma says LEDs are the product of the devil. Vicki's boobs looks good under them though. It never ceases to amaze. I hear florescent lights will cause satan worship as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts