What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would u go on a space ship if ...

Hubbleman

Veteran
I've been toying / amusing myself for a while with this

Imagine u get to fly in space to a far away place, only everyone else on the ship would be put in hypersleep where u would be left to steward the ship awake for 2 - 3 years.

To sweeten the deal there would be enormous supply of weed and drugs, lots of good food and video games

I'd go :bigeye:

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I've been toying / amusing myself for a while with this

Imagine u get to fly in space to a far away place, only everyone else on the ship would be put in hypersleep where u would be left to steward the ship awake for 2 - 3 years.

To sweeten the deal there would be enormous supply of weed and drugs, lots of good food and video games

I'd go :bigeye:

Sounds like the plot of a few movies.

In Prometheus the droid played by the famous actor is awake for the whole journey, while the humans are in long term sleep. The Droid is named David. Spends his time combing his hair & watching Lawrence of Arabia.

In Covenant, they are on the colony ship, when they are awakened somehow. Maybe by David. They investigate and find the planet where the "Engineers" lived.

David is there and again, it does not go well. He smuggles some Aliens onto the colony ship, cuts off his hand to look like the other droid, and the humans go back into deep sleep with David playing his favorite music, beginning 2 years of planning for how he will continue breeding Aliens, using the colonists as expendable hosts.

Your version sounds like a space-ship version of Fast Times at Ridgmont High. As long as you have some female colonists and food. The weed & the video games alone - that doesn't sound fun.

At least have some Female Droids for Spicoli to pass time with.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It's how I arrived. Chances are high, it's how I'll be leaving.

So, I guess my answer would be, Yes!.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hubbleman, as long as that spaceship takes me away from you.....
color my fat ass gone ;)

shithawk420

Veteran

In Prometheus the droid played by the famous actor is awake for the whole journey, while the humans are in long term sleep. The Droid is named David. Spends his time combing his hair & watching Lawrence of Arabia.

In Covenant, they are on the colony ship, when they are awakened somehow. Maybe by David. They investigate and find the planet where the "Engineers" lived.

David is there and again, it does not go well. He smuggles some Aliens onto the colony ship, cuts off his hand to look like the other droid, and the humans go back into deep sleep with David playing his favorite music, beginning 2 years of planning for how he will continue breeding Aliens, using the colonists as expendable hosts.

Your version sounds like a space-ship version of Fast Times at Ridgmont High. As long as you have some female colonists and food. The weed & the video games alone - that doesn't sound fun.

At least have some Female Droids for Spicoli to pass time with.

Could of gave a spoiler warning.was gonna watch those movies

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yeah I'm thinking that isn't so fun.

Chicks twenty feet away but untouchable would be a recipe for crazy cabin fever.

If you could have interested parties sign up for random lottery picks every couple weeks for a weekend just to keep you sane.

I know if I was stuck on board a ship doing nothing for years I would want to at least wake up for a couple days just to know I'm alive (and maybe prove it to somebody else).

If the idea is colonization it would probably be good to hit the ground with a couple pregnant women....

St. Phatty

Could of gave a spoiler warning.was gonna watch those movies

Sorry about that. I spoiled Covenant then.

The scene with Fassbender happens at the beginning of Prometheus.

I don't think they've fully explained the connection between the original ship with the chest-bursted engineer, and the fresh Alien eggs, that were at the beginning of the first Alien movie.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry about that. I spoiled Covenant then.

The scene with Fassbender happens at the beginning of Prometheus.

I don't think they've fully explained the connection between the original ship with the chest-bursted engineer, and the fresh Alien eggs, that were at the beginning of the first Alien movie.
It's ok.my movie backlog is too big anyway.ill probably forget

igrowone

Veteran
lot depends on where we are going?
planet of renewable youth? and other good things
that could work

St. Phatty

Would you rather arrive with a supply of fresh bud, or a bunch of frozen pot ?

The ship will need someone to attend the garden so that the colonists can have fresh pot when they get to the new home planet.

Besides, I think hibernation-sleeping might be optional on such voyages.

It might even be total fantasy. The ISS astronauts report bone loss etc. after being in space a year or 2. And that's where they stay active.

They need to have functional skeletons when they get to the new planet, and it might need to have moon-like gravity (1/6 earth gravity) so that their compromised skeletons can handle it.

I'm pretty sure the best way for the colonists to arrive at their new planet with functional skeletons, is to stay active and awake on the journey.

Even if that means having multiple generations en-route.

So the job would be -
* feed the pot plants and other farm beings
* smoke pot
* run on the big mouse-wheel & do exercise things so your skeleton doesn't fade away too much
* play video games
* cruise on inter-stellar Craigslist

Green Squall

In Covenant, they are on the colony ship, when they are awakened somehow. Maybe by David. They investigate and find the planet where the "Engineers" lived..

I was thinking of the 2016 movie Passengers.

Hubbleman

Veteran
Passengers is a good movie. I got in in 4K UHD !

The only problem with passengers there were no drugs and he had to spend entire life aboard the ship

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'd be afraid that the only women on the mission would all be like Rosie O'Donnell.There would have to be a guarantee or something.

Latest posts

Latest posts