What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trump's hiring practices.......

X

xavier7995

Man im still trying to figure out what it is i didnt grasp. It was in caps so it must have been a pretty clear and logical point. Hatch and company's response on it has been keeping me jolly.

"If you ask if they are a cop they have to tell you, otherwise its entrapment" logic is rad.

vta

Veteran
This was Great !

Shit like this is why he will be reelected.

[YOUTUBEIF]-guwyA8wxVQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

vta

Veteran
I guess I really don't grasp it. This is America. Where probably thousands of criminals at various levels plead guilty every fucking day, for every level of crime. I don't think I understand the point you were making. Maybe put it in context for me?

For this idea to make sense...wouldnt that pretty much undermine the entirety of police investigations? Pretty sure their whole shtick is to get an underling to flip and provide info on their superiors, they cop a plea deal for whatever leniency. So no man, not grasping it. Dont get me wrong, rats are garbage humans, but your take on that somehow exonerating trump just doesnt make sense.

The crime was not proven. Cohen pleaded out because he lied and along with all his other BS(taxi,taxes,etc) he had no choice but to plead. And a plead ends there.

Zero implications (legally) for President Trump.

The Great One penned this just today.

1. A sitting president CANNOT be indicted. That’s official DOJ policy since 1973. Neither the Special Counsel nor the SDNY nor Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein can defy that 45-year-old policy.

2. SDNY is NOT expert in campaign finance violations and neither is the Clinton appointed district judge. They rarely handle campaign finance cases. The left-wing media and politicians are regurgitating what the prosecutors have merely filed in their own self-serving brief. The media and others intentionally refuse to look at the actual rules and context. They refuse to even question what these prosecutors have thrown together.

3. The actual campaign rules and context do NOT include Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) or infinite other contracts, payments, arrangements, acts of a private nature, etc. as campaign contributions. This is normal human behavior and was never intended to be regulated or reported. SDNY is dead wrong. And these private payments can be made in any manner or any amount. Again, they’re private payments involving private matters. To underscore, there’s no reporting requirement because they’re not campaign payments made with or without campaign funds.

4. SDNY inclusion of these charges in the Cohen plea deal was a sleazy political and PR attack against the president by an office coordinating with Mueller and aligned with Comey. SDNY knew Cohen would plead. It therefore knew its absurd allegations would not be tested in any courtroom — district, circuit or Supreme Court. If they were tested, SDNY would be hammered like a nail. But it knew the left-wing media and politicians would use the mere over-the-top allegations from its office, with absolutely nothing more, to claim the president committed campaign felonies. No due process. No assumption of innocence. They knew they couldn’t charge a sitting president. Thus, they convict the president in the press, not only an extreme act of professional misconduct but a violation of the very purpose of the DOJ memos banning the indictment of a sitting president while effectively indicting him in the court of public opinion, and watch as untold numbers of media personalities and former members of the SDNY, among others, use this dirty work to predict or demand the president’s indictment and/or impeachment.

5. As for impeachment, NDAs involving wholly private matters occurring before the president was even a candidate and completely unrelated to his office cannot legitimately trigger the constitution’s impeachment clause. Indeed, they could not be more irrelevant. The history of the clause and its “high crimes and misdemeanors” language make it crystal clear that the office and the president’s duties are not affected in any conceivable way by these earlier private contracts. Of course, Jerrold Nadler, another NYC radical, could not care less. He’s more than thrilled to be an executioner in this French Revolution redux. The Constitution be damned. Meanwhile, he and the others wave around the Constitution as if they’re defending it against a tyrant. It is they who are the tyrants.

vta

Veteran
Trump derangement syndrome is a beautiful thing to watch.

I agree...the good stuff is yet to come.

picture.php

Brother Nature

This was Great !

Shit like this is why he will be reelected.

[youtubeif]-guwyA8wxVQ[/youtubeif]

Pence looks like a guy who ate one too many edibles thinking he can handle it, then had to go into a meeting as he's coming up and realized the error of his ways. Now he's thinking "Shit, I really should be contributing, but I have no idea what to say so I'm gonna scan the room to at least look engaged." Then when he's finally thought of something to contribute the meetings over and he was so concerned about not looking high that he paid no attention to what was said. Hopefully someone took the minutes.

vta

Veteran
Are you implying that there was no knowledge of the woman's citizen status when she was hired?
Yes. She admitted she lied.
Are you somehow justifying deporting a family? Explain to me the difference of what paperwork process this family was supposed to go through in your view in order to be allowed to work and live where they have? How can you possibly speak about deporting a house maid? Working right under the president?
She is a criminal. What don’t you get about that? She STOLE someone identity. How is that AOKAY in your book? She is here illegally…in other words…she crossed the boarder with the INTENT to DEFRAUD the United States of America. Then she STOLE an American’s identity…THEIR IDENTITY !

Do you harbor a fantasy about ordering people around and being able to "have them removed?" From where I sit, I can clearly see if with a little imagination all of these white wanna be slave owners. Acting pretending as if they are the better class. Brown people get to cut sugar cane and pick tomatoes and clean my laundry. And it's up to me the white person to make a phone call and have them removed or arrested. Because I can because I am better.
What a stupid comment. Sounds to me you might be a little racist. Either that or severely indoctrinated. BTW…we are talking about ILLEGAL immigration. I don’t care what color you are…we have a process if you want to live here. Cheat the system…get deported. Law and Order…not something you dream up in your little “imagination”.
You are giving words of support for current political leadership. This leader is repulsive, I am embarrassed and ashamed and disappointed to have someone like that at the helm
May I suggest the growing of some fucking balls ? Life is hard.

The country is doing great ! Soon the real criminals will be paraded out and tried. Check out all the sealed indictments…all the resignations. The Storm is Coming…

redlaser

Veteran
Every now and then on long road trips I’ll listen to conservative radio talk shows.
Old habit I developed to see what conservatives/repubs think is important.

Your post quoted is basically the Rush Limbaugh Show yesterday.
To each his own, obviously no surprise there.

Funny listening to Rush speak with authority about how the NDA’s were going to save trump, makes a person wonder which solvent he’s huffing today.

Who does vta consider “the great one”?

The crime was not proven. Cohen pleaded out because he lied and along with all his other BS(taxi,taxes,etc) he had no choice but to plead. And a plead ends there.

Zero implications (legally) for President Trump.

The Great One penned this just today.

1. A sitting president CANNOT be indicted. That’s official DOJ policy since 1973. Neither the Special Counsel nor the SDNY nor Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein can defy that 45-year-old policy.

2. SDNY is NOT expert in campaign finance violations and neither is the Clinton appointed district judge. They rarely handle campaign finance cases. The left-wing media and politicians are regurgitating what the prosecutors have merely filed in their own self-serving brief. The media and others intentionally refuse to look at the actual rules and context. They refuse to even question what these prosecutors have thrown together.

3. The actual campaign rules and context do NOT include Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) or infinite other contracts, payments, arrangements, acts of a private nature, etc. as campaign contributions. This is normal human behavior and was never intended to be regulated or reported. SDNY is dead wrong. And these private payments can be made in any manner or any amount. Again, they’re private payments involving private matters. To underscore, there’s no reporting requirement because they’re not campaign payments made with or without campaign funds.

4. SDNY inclusion of these charges in the Cohen plea deal was a sleazy political and PR attack against the president by an office coordinating with Mueller and aligned with Comey. SDNY knew Cohen would plead. It therefore knew its absurd allegations would not be tested in any courtroom — district, circuit or Supreme Court. If they were tested, SDNY would be hammered like a nail. But it knew the left-wing media and politicians would use the mere over-the-top allegations from its office, with absolutely nothing more, to claim the president committed campaign felonies. No due process. No assumption of innocence. They knew they couldn’t charge a sitting president. Thus, they convict the president in the press, not only an extreme act of professional misconduct but a violation of the very purpose of the DOJ memos banning the indictment of a sitting president while effectively indicting him in the court of public opinion, and watch as untold numbers of media personalities and former members of the SDNY, among others, use this dirty work to predict or demand the president’s indictment and/or impeachment.

5. As for impeachment, NDAs involving wholly private matters occurring before the president was even a candidate and completely unrelated to his office cannot legitimately trigger the constitution’s impeachment clause. Indeed, they could not be more irrelevant. The history of the clause and its “high crimes and misdemeanors” language make it crystal clear that the office and the president’s duties are not affected in any conceivable way by these earlier private contracts. Of course, Jerrold Nadler, another NYC radical, could not care less. He’s more than thrilled to be an executioner in this French Revolution redux. The Constitution be damned. Meanwhile, he and the others wave around the Constitution as if they’re defending it against a tyrant. It is they who are the tyrants.

vta

Veteran
Pence looks like a guy who ate one too many edibles thinking he can handle it, then had to go into a meeting as he's coming up and realized the error of his ways. Now he's thinking "Shit, I really should be contributing, but I have no idea what to say so I'm gonna scan the room to at least look engaged." Then when he's finally thought of something to contribute the meetings over and he was so concerned about not looking high that he paid no attention to what was said. Hopefully someone took the minutes.

:biggrin: I love it !

St. Phatty

Pence looks like a guy who ate one too many edibles thinking he can handle it, then had to go into a meeting as he's coming up and realized the error of his ways. Now he's thinking "Shit, I really should be contributing, but I have no idea what to say so I'm gonna scan the room to at least look engaged."

If you're talking about Tuesday's meeting with Schumer & Pelosi, that's exactly what I was thinking - looks like Pence overdid on the edibles.

I would like to see Nancy or one of the other Dem's catch Trump with a mouthfull of coffee or water.

Then say, "now, maybe we could talk a little about impeachment".

Something, anything, to get Trump to spray it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - Pence was almost comatose throughout - did he even manage to put one sentence together?

He even looked like he had been overindulging with the bud-butter.

If you're talking about Tuesday's meeting with Schumer & Pelosi, that's exactly what I was thinking - looks like Pence overdid on the edibles.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah - Pence was almost comatose throughout - did he even manage to put one sentence together?

He even looked like he had been overindulging with the bud-butter.

most folks would have to be on some serious drugs to go on tv with the Hairpiece. it's not like Trumph WANTED him to say anything anyway. Pence is a witless puppet with Trumphs fist up his ass...:biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It was certainly a surreal sort of scene - at first I thought it was SNL (Saturday night live) - but no - it was the real soap opera - and did you notice the constant repetition ? - sheesh - talk about reality-show - soap opera's - the drama of it all - and Pence sat there like he's barely super-marionated.

- and the world gets to see all that.

Political Vaudeville - straight from the White House.

most folks would have to be on some serious drugs to go on tv with the Hairpiece. it's not like Trumph WANTED him to say anything anyway. Pence is a witless puppet with Trumphs fist up his ass...:biggrin:

X

xavier7995

Welp vta, guess we all just have to wait and watch the show. I dont hold mark levin in very high regard, hes over there in alex jones land for me, but some of those points dont really make sense or seem to misrepresent the argument. Sorta pointless to argue as neither side is going to change their view or compromise, its all pretty interesting to watch play out.

igrowone

Veteran

indeed, it is policy
but can policy be defied? less clear
the constitution trumps policy if that policy is deemed unlawful
and the legal opinion on this is not clear at all
oh what a day at the supreme court it will be if this comes before them

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It was certainly a surreal sort of scene - at first I thought it was SNL (Saturday night live) - but no - it was the real soap opera - and did you notice the constant repetition ? - sheesh - talk about reality-show - soap opera's - the drama of it all - and Pence sat there like he's barely super-marionated.

- and the world gets to see all that.

Political Vaudeville - straight from the White House.

It is becoming very clear the coorperation called America has planned this. He will make every bad social and environmental choice he can so all the rich evil portion of our society is going to have a much easier time enslaving us and making our water and air poison us. He has literally done nothing but evil in the name of coorperate America. I have little doubt both parties are to some extent behind it and have been. The public can argue their right and left all they want. This fool just pulled a giant trick on the whole nation. Just a few more little changes to the laws that are supposed to protect us from them. And they will throw him away too. And we can all wonder what happened to our freedom, money and planet. Well. While everyone wondered about who he fucked and how he got away with it was actually working very hard at making sure we all get fucked.

redlaser

Veteran
Sorry...I thought everyone knew ;) Mark Levin

This guy...here is his new show...on FOX

You like liberty? must watch..
[YOUTUBEIF]DcWh0eVEUdo[/YOUTUBEIF]

What does liberty have to do with Mark Levin?

Listened to about half an hour of Levin’s shows on YouTube, honestly it’s hard to differentiate him from Rush or Fox anchors in general.
Maybe less wound up than Hannity, but that’s about it.

Same old tired, made up lines about Dems want unchecked immigration because they don’t support paying billions for an unrealistic campaign promise that was also promised to be paid by Mexico

. Repubs like to omit that Mexico promise part of the wall pretty consistently.

When discussing the gov shutdown over the b.s. wall/failed Mexico promise situation, and the negative press that will follow, Levin dismisses all press coverage as negative anyway against repubs, so it’s easily dismissed.

Lots of Republicans seem unable to discuss /debate a lot of points of fact, and instead paint all coverage as politically biased.

It’s intellectually dishonest, transparent to those with two brain cells to rub together however.
Pretty insulting it would seem to a thinking Republican/conservative.

It will be interesting to see how this wall bullshit pans out. As much as I hate trump, I have to give some credit to him for getting so many people behind him on this wall.

It is a completely manufactured crisis unsupported by any statistics. Why this is not brought up more is beyond me.

Border crossings have been down since 2000, and very similar to 1979 levels.

I guess if you don’t have any good ideas, you just tell people the boogieman is coming from down south so get out your wallet.