What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've started a New Outdoor Strain guide for everybody to list there strains. Kinda start it back up like the old outdoor strain guide that BACKCOUNTRY started in 2007. I'm excited and can't wait to see some new update strains and info/contributes. Thanks guys this can be a big help to the community and great reference

militia420

I've started a New Outdoor Strain guide for everybody to list there strains. Kinda start it back up like the old outdoor strain guide that BACKCOUNTRY started in 2007. I'm excited and can't wait to see some new update strains and info/contributes. Thanks guys this can be a big help to the community and great reference

Gotta link?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I brought this up in my anything outdoor thread but....what do you guys PH your nute mix at??? I've been around 6-6.2. But seems like some yrs back guys was only doing outdoor ph 6.5-6.8 range. Reason I ask is I've seen a lot of guys down into the 5.7 range or around. When I did my big indoor grows the lowest I'd ever went in flower was 6.0.,,..but most outdoor guys back then was around 6.5 and higher. I know many may not ph your nute mix. But the guys that are...where are you on ph numbers in nute mix

I don't mess with PH. It comes out of the well at 7. I add liquid organic nutes and that's it. I'll have to check my bloom mix to see. Just in case.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I don't mess with PH. It comes out of the well at 7. I add liquid organic nutes and that's it. I'll have to check my bloom mix to see. Just in case.

Beening a indoor guy it's just a natural thing for me. But i was using the Alaska nutes in Veg and the PH was crazy low. My well water stinks horrible like sulfur but its around 7-7.1 likes yours. I'm back using FF bloom nutes....I'm a lot more fimilar with these especially the Tiger Bloom. But now that I know were I'm at on my ph, I'm pretty close after adding the nutes to were I want my PH. I dunno why those Alaska nutes were throwing it out of range so far. I'll never stray from nutes I'm familiar with especially with large grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are so blessed! Got another half inch of rain today after breaking up the soil and working in about 15 lbs garden tone 3-4-4 fertilizer! Still have another inch of rain possible! I didn't have my mag light flashlight because it fell out of the holster a couple days ago. I didn't have any repellent left either, so I thought it was time to get a campfire going and do some fireside gardening. The dogs enjoyed it! Actually worked really well! I could see just fine! It was a neat experience. Little campsite garden. That would be fun to camp there. May have to do that before harvest.

I don't really worry about pH. Clay soil is rock based and it is slightly alkaline, so it buffers acidity on its own. I add dolomite lime to be sure its buffered. I go way over rate with this garden tone, but its fine becasue its organics. Says on the bag actually it won't burn. It has to break down. 2.2% of the 3 % nitrogen is slow release so I put on about a double rate to get enough phosphorous.

Got some new views up on my Pipeline Gardens thread! Come check it out!

House indica phenotype

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sativa candy spice

picture.php

picture.php

militia420

We are so blessed! Got another half inch of rain today after breaking up the soil and working in about 15 lbs garden tone 3-4-4 fertilizer! Still have another inch of rain possible!

You're not the only one to luck out with the weather. On the Big Island of Hawaii the volcano in Puna has pretty much stopped spewing particulates into the air so thick that it caused this entire spring and summer to be significantly dimmer. The past 2 days have been PHENOMENAL! The sky is clear. The clouds are legit and white, not this hazy vog (like smog). I was seriously thinking I was going to have to harvest my indicas early to avoid mold/rot but with this I think I can let them go to fruition. Hell I actually got some sun burn yesterday watering the plants. For months I could go out there and not get burned there was so much crap in the sky!

Here's to good weather and big harvests :). I'm already a little over a QP with early bloomers harvested.

:woohoo:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I couldn't imagine a volcano.....just the power under/ into the earth ready to erupt. That layer into the environment does that cover the entire island with a hazy/ cloud kinda blocking the sun. I've always been curious just how big Hawaii really is....I'm sure the Big Island is bigger lol, but how long it would take to travel from east/west-N/S on the big island and the smaller island??? I know some states look small but depending on the roads you travel and things. It can take different amount of time.

Also we have a layer from the Mtns that slowly lifts outta here every morning. It's normally 9-10am before the blue sky's peek threw. Sometimes a little earlier but I'm in a Valley and even after the layer lifts it's 12 before the suns up high enough to hit the plants

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ignore..starting new thread

I'm a huge supporter of this Guerilla Underground Thread. As well as all the threads. Anybody that's not down for starting a New Outdoor Strain guide is basically confused I guess.

The New Outdoor Strain Guide is only for entry's of strains that's been grew outdoors.

I'm not suggesting abandoning other threads....like I said the New Strain guide is for enteries. I know everybody understands what I'm doing....but just wanted to put it out here because I not sure if the ignore.....starting new thread, is coming at me or what. But I'm putting a lot of effort into getting this New Outdoor Strain guide started back. I've contacted a few breeders and cornerstones of this community along with working the forums to let guys know about the new thread. And I'm not sure why somebody would oppose.

New Outdoor Strain Guide
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355388

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm a huge supporter of this Guerilla Underground Thread. As well as all the threads. Anybody that's not down for starting a New Outdoor Strain guide is basically confused I guess.

The New Outdoor Strain Guide is only for entry's of strains that's been grew outdoors.

I'm not suggesting abandoning other threads....like I said the New Strain guide is for enteries. I know everybody understands what I'm doing....but just wanted to put it out here because I not sure if the ignore.....starting new thread, is coming at me or what. But I'm putting a lot of effort into getting this New Outdoor Strain guide started back. I've contacted a few breeders and cornerstones of this community along with working the forums to let guys know about the new thread. And I'm not sure why somebody would oppose.

New Outdoor Strain Guide
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355388
If I'm parsing his post correctly, he means to ignore his post, he had a question in it originally, but instead he has made a new thread to ask the question in. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes I kinda thought that I just didn't know exactly. I didn't wanna seem like I was trying to get the guys to abandon this wonderful Guerilla Underground Thread.

MountainBudz started A great thread here that's a cornerstone for the guerilla growers. And I just wanted to be clear about it.

I support us guys and anything I can do to help make things better I'm trying to do. That's why I've contacted allot of guys about starting the New Outdoor Strain guide back. So we'll have some newer info to kinda go with....along with the Classic Outdoor Strain guide.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I’m beginning to wonder/worry about ol mtnbudz come to think about it.. hmmm

Well I was too but I saw him on 2-3 nutes ago he added some rep.....but I was thinking the same before he did that. That guys done some work....it's rough in these Mtns and I can't imagine even 1/5 of what I think he showed. A lot of work and hopefully reward.

Oh ok. I didn’t know he had been on.
I know the feeling I put in more work then anybody I personally know. I’m just still skeptical/nervous to show all my cards on the internet.. I’ve had to warm up to sharing stuff with people on here because.. use to.. you did not talk about it.. around here anyways.. us ol mtn boys..

The only thing I don’t do that I see people on here talking about is I do not tote water out. I let the rain to its magic..

Which with this day and age and technology I can check the ol forums laying in bed at night or heck even when I’m waiting on the ol lady to come out of the grocery store.. it’s that easy now days

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Oh ok. I didn’t know he had been on.
I know the feeling I put in more work then anybody I personally know. I’m just still skeptical/nervous to show all my cards on the internet.. I’ve had to warm up to sharing stuff with people on here because.. use to.. you did not talk about it.. around here anyways.. us ol mtn boys..

The only thing I don’t do that I see people on here talking about is I do not tote water out. I let the rain to its magic..

Which with this day and age and technology I can check the ol forums laying in bed at night or heck even when I’m waiting on the ol lady to come out of the grocery store.. it’s that easy now days

Exactly how I've always been. I used to just read the threads on OG never commenting or anything. I did a lot if indoor grows and never thought of posting until I started to have questions.....I never used to photo anything and one day I just slowly started to post indoor stuff. I'm still very weary about some of the pics in the outdoors. I gotta be careful not to post some areas. It's very scary doing these illegal grows....let alone trying to document and photo some of it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Mice, Rabbits, Deer, Excavators.

Mice, Rabbits, Deer, Excavators.

Farmer deciding to clear a bush lot within eye sight of 15 plants 50' to the left of the picture in a clearing mixed in with nettles and goldenrod. Unless he has 25/20 eyesight, I doubt he can see them. Besides, he's focusing on his work.
picture.php

[iframeb]B12eVCBbGsw[/iframeb]

If there's one thing I learned this year is that inaction = death. Every time. While there's not much I can do to scare this beast away, I'm wondering if I can dig up a few plants and relocate them.

Anyone with experience digging up plants in the field and moving them? If not I'll be doing a Frickin' Frackin' unplanned experiment. :mad:
(not flowering yet.)

militia420

Anyone with experience digging up plants in the field and moving them? If not I'll be doing a Frickin' Frackin' unplanned experiment. :mad:
(not flowering yet.)

You can't make this shit up man. I agree with you that inaction = death. Those plants are far too close to the sort of thing that you don't want any where near them. I had off roaders come within 3 feet of 2 of my plants when it was really lush and they apparently missed them. But not seeing them doesn't matter. My brother had an incredible mexican sativa in an abandoned property with a huge front yard. Some time past the beginning of flower it was over 7 feet and it got hit with a tractor mower so nothing was left.

I don't have experience transplanting oversized plants in the field, but I do have a lot of experience transplanting smaller, more delicate plants including things like sprouted papaver somniferum, the opium poppy, which is supposed to be very hard to transplant. I'm going to describe my technique, which is probably standard for transplanting, and it might give you some ideas of what you can do.

Basically I take a planter, which could have many sprouts of a size that can be handled without smashing or splitting, then soak it in water to the point that the soil washes off and settles below the sprouts. Then I switch the sprouts and water to another bowl, clean the 1st bowl, and go back and forth until the roots are free of soil. Then I gently separate two at a time if the roots are entangled. From there I place then separately into a separate bowl until I fill it with sprouts that aren't tangled. Then you take that bowl and plant the transplants in what ever you want them planted in.

So if you have access to free running water or can try to setup a ram pump or something to clear the roots I'd try that. Dig them up first if you can. I think most MJ has roots that kind of mirror the volume of the branches and canopy. So you should make the hole that wide. Wash those roots free of soil. You could probably bring several buckets, fill them with water and dunk those roots until soil free. That soil is going to be heavy as shit and removing it will make moving the plant infinitely easier. Once the soil is removed I'd have camo colored garbage bags, or black, to stick the root ball in. If you have any vermiculite or peat moss I'd consider stick some that inside after wetting it.Seal the bag around the stem really good, maybe with zip ties. Keeping that moisture in will let you get it where you need to. I would do this entire job at night. Determine when you will complete the job and make sure your done no later than like 4-4:30am, work backwards to figure out when you want to start, no earlier than maybe 10pm. And take all low volume roads and cover your plants completely when they're inside. I've used black trash bags over the top successfully. They had to sit in a car in broad daylight, in a crowded apartment area of DC, when I had a completely surprise apartment inspection on carpet thickness because of a whiney neighbor below. I'd try to have your new spots prepped if possible but that guy could crush your grow any time he's working by accident or intentionally.

Did you have more than one plot going? I usually spread out even single plots by 20 feet or so. This year has been an exception and it definitely has me paranoid about choppers. I think my stuff will be done anywhere from 2-4 weeks since it started flowering as soon as I put it out here in Hawaii. It's late in the game but you could start a ton of small finishers still from what others have said. You might be able to pull 1/8 a plant or more still.

Let us know how you deal with this Mary Jane Drama.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Good ideas. My spots are spread out over a couple miles. These are not trees yet because they were last to go in, so I'll give it shot and move some to my backyard. Summer BBQs are over anyway so we won't have any surprise visitors. lol

The soil is sandy loam so it should be easy on the roots. I'll document it and post results. I expect them to stall after the move, but I might get a few flower out of it. With a little luck they'll hermie and spit out a few fem seeds.