What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Agent Orange and attony genaral Sessions strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Kush

night and day between the neo liberalism of today and the classical liberalism of days of yore

Classical liberalism is, in general terms, more about a strong belief in personal liberties, as well as the freedoms to treated equally on the market. Neoliberalism is a very specific school of economic thought that believes in deregulation, privatization and a domination of business in all aspects of life.

The new administration maybe Neo Liberal but they seem more like Neo Fascists to me.

I think that it is Social Liberalism that this thread is about or maybe more specifically those Social Conservatives that want to deny peoples personal liberties because they feel more comfortable living under authoritarianism. Half the population is ruled by fear, their nervous systems have primitive wiring. They need a "strong" male figure to rule them. And they need a "them" to define themselves by. They can only see humanity as Us and Them. "Them" is a threat and also in tribal societies conservation of tradition is a key survival strategy. The other half of the populations wiring is geared for civilized or domesticated living where sharing, compromise and cooperation with strangers is a key survival strategy. We are a species in an evolutionary transition and their is a gradient in the Human population from one extreme to the other.

----
"Social liberalism is a political ideology that believes individual liberty requires a level of social justice. Like classical liberalism, social liberalism endorses a market economy and the expansion of civil and political rights and liberties, but differs in that it believes the legitimate role of the government includes addressing economic and social issues such as poverty, health care, and education. Under social liberalism, the good of the community is viewed as harmonious with the freedom of the individual. Social liberal policies have been widely adopted in much of the capitalist world, particularly following World War II. Social liberal ideas and parties tend to be considered centrist or centre-left.

The term "social liberalism" is used to differentiate it from classical liberalism, which dominated political and economic thought for a number of years until social liberalism branched off from it around the Great Depression.

A reaction against social liberalism in the late twentieth century, often called neoliberalism, led to monetarist economic policies and a reduction in government provision of services. However, governments continued to provide social services and retained control over economic policy.

In American political usage, the term "social liberalism" describes progressive stances on socio-political issues like abortion, same-sex marriage or cannabis legaliszation, as opposed to "social conservatism". A social liberal in this sense may hold either "liberal" or "conservative" views on fiscal politics.

sickofshitboys

what a bunch of

what a bunch of

Neo Liberalism may be more of an economic philosophy as opposed to Classical Liberalism which is more a political ideology.

I think that it is Social Liberalism that this thread is about or maybe more specifically those Social Conservatives that want to deny peoples personal liberties because they feel more comfortable living under authoritarianism. Half the population is ruled by fear, their nervous systems have primitive wiring. They need a "strong" male figure to rule them. And they need a "them" to define themselves by. They can only see humanity as Us and Them. "Them" is a threat and also in tribal societies conservation of tradition is a key survival strategy. The other half of the populations wiring is geared for civilized or domesticated living where sharing, compromise and cooperation with strangers is a key survival strategy. We are a species in an evolutionary transition and their is a gradient in the Human population from one extreme to the other."

Sorry but you are not correct.

First of all I find it quite amazing how some people write as if they knew things that are highly debatable to say the least as if it were fact. In this sense Americans but also Germans or Westerners in general seem to have a special talent (and as we have seen for the last few hundred years and if you want to look at it deeper maybe even thousands of years) to portray themselves as all knowing, of course always with a certain spin to their worldview and a certain line of thought that is completely wrong but always presented as right, true, and of course very important to certain characters, superior.

I am sorry to tell you, but you have it (another very common trait among certain character types) wired the wrong way, where the blue wire should be you have the green and where the green wire should be you have the blue.
It is the complete opposite of what is true.
Civilization (or rather what people educated and brought up in a capitalist society, and with capitalist I mean also the state-capitalist societies and all the other commoditiy producing states, states using labour, money etc. in general, the modern state so to speak, which all ground in the liberal doctrin etc., where was I... what people educated in a capitalist system like to call civilization, even though it is of course a self proclaimed euphemism for barbarianism and fascism...

Civilization is the problem and illness that brings people people to behave unsolidarily (competition is good... fight to survive...there are only individuals, no society... might makes right etc.), while "wild" or "native" societies are based on sharing, solidarity, no competition etc.

All of this can and was already shown by Anthropologists, Ethnologists, Historians, Sociologists etc. and if looked at by members of our system with an open, non ideological and non-psychotic and insane way, would spring to mind and to the body even observed without the help from studies, because we are still human and still have a little piece left in us to see the truth, if truth wants to be seen.
And with truth I don't mean the Trump truth, Christian (and thereby I include all the christian sect of Islam) or the American truth or the capitalist truth or any other ideological and psychotic truth but the truth, that the Earth is a planet, we are bodies on this planet, this planet was a forest, before it was destroyed by psychotic morons thinking that the ideas and orders of others and little pieces of paper have more value than their own life and what they can see with their own eyes.
The truth that we are not by birth uncivilized and need to be domesticated to live "correctly" but it is in fact the other way round, domestication leads to the problems you associate with "uncivilized" societies and people.

Whatever, just wanted to say that you are wrong and don't have a clue what you are talking about, but I am sure that won't disturb you one bit and you will keep on telling idiotic tales just like the majority believes the lies that have now become their own lies and they don't even notice it anymore.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Conquer and Divide ... Everything is a distraction trying hard to confuse while playing the Victim Card....

Beware the Evil of the Dual Citizen in American Politics .. that bleeds our Nation in order to serve its own Destructive behavior...

One entity owns our Politics and its interest have zero to do with the American people or Humanity for that manner... its only mindset is to eliminate all barriers to complete control

Republicans ... Democrats... all Bow Down to Master Bibi

Orange Agent is his Bed Buddy and the Kushster was his sleep over friend

Hey are we cutting off foreign aid to Very Wealthy Nuclear Armed Countries under the new Administration? Best believe it!!!! Fuck No

Genghis Kush

Neo Liberalism may be more of an economic philosophy as opposed to Classical Liberalism which is more a political ideology.

I think that it is Social Liberalism that this thread is about or maybe more specifically those Social Conservatives that want to deny peoples personal liberties because they feel more comfortable living under authoritarianism. Half the population is ruled by fear, their nervous systems have primitive wiring. They need a "strong" male figure to rule them. And they need a "them" to define themselves by. They can only see humanity as Us and Them. "Them" is a threat and also in tribal societies conservation of tradition is a key survival strategy. The other half of the populations wiring is geared for civilized or domesticated living where sharing, compromise and cooperation with strangers is a key survival strategy. We are a species in an evolutionary transition and their is a gradient in the Human population from one extreme to the other."

Sorry but you are not correct.

First of all I find it quite amazing how some people write as if they knew things that are highly debatable to say the least as if it were fact. In this sense Americans but also Germans or Westerners in general seem to have a special talent (and as we have seen for the last few hundred years and if you want to look at it deeper maybe even thousands of years) to portray themselves as all knowing, of course always with a certain spin to their worldview and a certain line of thought that is completely wrong but always presented as right, true, and of course very important to certain characters, superior.

I am sorry to tell you, but you have it (another very common trait among certain character types) wired the wrong way, where the blue wire should be you have the green and where the green wire should be you have the blue.
It is the complete opposite of what is true.
Civilization (or rather what people educated and brought up in a capitalist society, and with capitalist I mean also the state-capitalist societies and all the other commoditiy producing states, states using labour, money etc. in general, the modern state so to speak, which all ground in the liberal doctrin etc., where was I... what people educated in a capitalist system like to call civilization, even though it is of course a self proclaimed euphemism for barbarianism and fascism...

Civilization is the problem and illness that brings people people to behave unsolidarily (competition is good... fight to survive...there are only individuals, no society... might makes right etc.), while "wild" or "native" societies are based on sharing, solidarity, no competition etc.

All of this can and was already shown by Anthropologists, Ethnologists, Historians, Sociologists etc. and if looked at by members of our system with an open, non ideological and non-psychotic and insane way, would spring to mind and to the body even observed without the help from studies, because we are still human and still have a little piece left in us to see the truth, if truth wants to be seen.
And with truth I don't mean the Trump truth, Christian (and thereby I include all the christian sect of Islam) or the American truth or the capitalist truth or any other ideological and psychotic truth but the truth, that the Earth is a planet, we are bodies on this planet, this planet was a forest, before it was destroyed by psychotic morons thinking that the ideas and orders of others and little pieces of paper have more value than their own life and what they can see with their own eyes.
The truth that we are not by birth uncivilized and need to be domesticated to live "correctly" but it is in fact the other way round, domestication leads to the problems you associate with "uncivilized" societies and people.

Whatever, just wanted to say that you are wrong and don't have a clue what you are talking about, but I am sure that won't disturb you one bit and you will keep on telling idiotic tales just like the majority believes the lies that have now become their own lies and they don't even notice it anymore.

Over population is the problem, civilization is a by product of population growth.
If you read more carefully and where less reactionary you would see that I was referring to how we as Humans interact with strangers. Tribal societies are based on a "Us and Them" world view. Sharing may be common amongst the group but not amongst strangers.

Domestication leads to many problems, that is evident.
I was speaking generally, as it is as you know a very complex subject.

"Sorry but you are not correct.

First of all I find it quite amazing how some people write as if they knew things that are highly debatable to say the least as if it were fact. In this sense Americans but also Germans or Westerners in general seem to have a special talent (and as we have seen for the last few hundred years and if you want to look at it deeper maybe even thousands of years) to portray themselves as all knowing"

slightly hypocritical?

sickofshitboys

just to clarify a little bit further... if you would let the already domesticated people and citizens of nation states (the nation --- another ideological construct a delusion, a lie, a trap for all the little domesticated little bees to fall into and behave how their masters want them to behave --- slave planet) be free now after thousands of years of domestication in some cases not quite as long but still as destructive, then of course they would not be "free" and "uncivilized" anymore because it is already too deeply embedded in their behaviour and thinking.

There are probably no really "free" people left on this planet or rather people that are free of certain thought patterns and behavioral patterns that could erect a stable original human society.
All has been tainted and Liberalism (as the root of all modern ideologies like communism etc.) is a big factor that brought this about.

sickofshitboys

"Over population is the problem, civilization is a by product of population growth.
If you read more carefully and where less reactionary you would see that I was referring to how we as Humans interact with strangers. Tribal societies are based on a "Us and Them" world view. Sharing may be common amongst the group but not amongst strangers.

Domestication leads to many problems, that is evident.
I was speaking generally, as it is as you know a very complex subject.

"Sorry but you are not correct.

First of all I find it quite amazing how some people write as if they knew things that are highly debatable to say the least as if it were fact. In this sense Americans but also Germans or Westerners in general seem to have a special talent (and as we have seen for the last few hundred years and if you want to look at it deeper maybe even thousands of years) to portray themselves as all knowing"

slightly hypocritical?"

You are wrong again, but it would take too long to make you understand and you wouldn't really change your mind anyway, so I will leave it at that.

Hypocritical ? No it isn't because I am criticizing from the outside. It is not possible to criticize something like the generalized line of thought present in the western thoughts and ideas seeming hypocritical to insiders and people seeing an certain angle.

sickofshitboys

correct :

Hypocritical ? No it isn't because I am criticizing from the outside. It is not possible to criticize something like the generalized line of thought present in the western thoughts and ideas without seeming hypocritical to insiders and people seeing an certain angle.

Genghis Kush

just to clarify a little bit further... if you would let the already domesticated people and citizens of nation states (the nation --- another ideological construct a delusion, a lie, a trap for all the little domesticated little bees to fall into and behave how their masters want them to behave --- slave planet) be free now after thousands of years of domestication in some cases not quite as long but still as destructive, then of course they would not be "free" and "uncivilized" anymore because it is already too deeply embedded in their behaviour and thinking.

There are probably no really "free" people left on this planet or rather people that are free of certain thought patterns and behavioral patterns that could erect a stable original human society.
All has been tainted and Liberalism (as the root of all modern ideologies like communism etc.) is a big factor that brought this about.

I suppose it all comes down to how you personally define freedom.

There never was a stable original Human society. We have always been adapting to the pressures of the environment like everything else.

You created a new account to mask your "identity" and then instead of backing up your attack on social liberalism you say that its too much work to explain yourself. Just a scared fascist it seems. Thank you for providing an example for the point I was trying to make.

oldchuck

Veteran
Hey you guys are getting pretty boring with the long winded debates. Use fewer words and people are more likely going to read them.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I suppose it all comes down to how you personally define freedom.

There never was a stable original Human society. We have always been adapting to the pressures of the environment like everything else.

You created a new account to mask your "identity" and then instead of backing up your attack on social liberalism you say that its too much work to explain yourself. Just a scared fascist it seems. Thank you for providing an example for the point I was trying to make.

I do like your style.

sickofshitboys

Dear Mr. Khan

you must be a prophet or a wizard or some kind of clairvoyant, because you really saw right through me, I created a new account to disguise my identity... in psychological terms what you are doing is projecting and you are paranoid and probably psychotic, I would smoke less weed if I were you, it seems to be messing with your mind.
Who ever you think I am, I am not, because I just now created this account because I have read so much shit on this forum, that I could no longer sit still but just had to write something to at least let people like you and all the sorts like you, especially Americans or "Westerners", that are so completely indoctrinated and conditioned in a certain world view (liberalism which is the root of fascism, nazism, and all other ideologies currently present in the world, the thought that life is a struggle, the thought that civilization is the pinnacle of progress, the thought that man has the right to do what he believes and all the other crap I could tell you, but like I said, you wouldn't consider anyway, because you are so deeply conditioned and indoctrinated,combined with personality disorders (which develop while living in this kind of unloving, jealous, hating, destructive, unnatural etc. society), that you wouldn't change your mind anyway.

I know that there aren't many people on this forum that share my view, but I also wrote the short text I wrote to show them that there are others that are not as robotic as you and your fellow types.

You and the people like you will destroy this planet and have already destroyed it to 95 % and will certainly finalize their total war and think they are doing great things and are on the right side, while they are just crazy and don't know what they are doing and talking.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
well......
since people cant read and or follow the rules... thread now closed

we do not allow political banter....and opinion casting
we only tolerate political conversation that DIRETLY affects cannabis....

all this other is opinion based political nonsense...

that is NOT allowed @ icmag as per TOU # 14
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280

so .... closed to further debate ....

Status
Not open for further replies.