What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

musigny23

has anyone grown Mango Thai or Highland Lao??

i couldnt find any reports on them.

Last season I grew 4 Mango Thai. These were from the reproduced MT seeds that were what RSC had available last spring. Since then the current version is sourced directly from Laos.

They got to me a bit late in my spring planting so I had to grow them in cloth pots as my garden spots were all filled. Very classic tropical sativa growth. lanky structure with typical stretch. They were slow to begin flowering compared to the other types I had growing except for a Columbian but by mid September were going good. Then flowering moved fairly fast. Maybe due to being in pots, I don't know for sure, but new pistil growth ceased in mid November and they were basically at their peak and done. I suppose they could have been left longer but at that point weather conditions would have started to degrade them.

Very fruit and citrus aromas like ripe mango, Large bracts and medium density flowers. The 4 plants were quite similar but did show variations from each other. The effect was clean feeling and deceptively strong. Bright and not tiring or sleep inducing. This is the textbook "sativa high". Not down at all. People very accustomed to heavy "indica" effects often complain this doesn't work for them as there is little to no body effect.

So for me, in this terroir, once flowering really started, it was only 8-10 weeks. No going till Christmas or January like is often discussed about Thai and other tropicals. However that could have been driven by being in pots with constricted roots and limited nutrients.

I now have some of the direct from Thailand seeds from the Fall release of MT from RSC. I'll be growing these this season.

Im'One

Are you referring to Zacatecas Tribute(big sur holy weed x oaxacan)?
If so , very cool. I also received mine from ace. I cant wait to plant them!
Yes and it was a struggle to get them ordered... but they worked through it with me. My bank was not exactly helpful.

Breadwizard

It's from ACE and vermontman. It a cross between Zacatecas and oaxacan.

Well, between Big Sur Holy and Oaxacan. The big sur Holy is apparently a Zacatecas cross with Afghani, but bred towards the Sativa high.

I got that one too, and will be crossing it to another old Mexican that was bred in northern California for a while by RC Clarke, and a few varieties from RSC (Syria, Lebanon). Super stoked about it, good luck!

Ponderosa

Himalayan Sativa

Himalayan Sativa

Early flower trichomes
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ngakpa

Veteran
They got to me a bit late in my spring planting

new pistil growth ceased in mid November and they were basically at their peak and done.

So for me, in this terroir, once flowering really started, it was only 8-10 weeks.

thanks for this report on the Mango Thai, appreciated

when exactly in spring did you sow them?

I'm wondering whether this was approx 6 months seed to harvest

was day-length a factor in starting flowering, do you think, or might they have gone into flower regardless?

edit:

ok, just found your report from last year:

Germinated a little late in mid April, they seem very likely to finish by the end of November. That would be a 7 month or a bit more lifespan. These normally run about 6 months in their native habitat. In my opinion, the 13+ hour days during vegetative growth in June/July are a main factor in adding 4 to 6 weeks to their life cycle.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi angus
got some kerala chellakutti from khalifa. Ever heard that name/strain when traveling around south india?

When i looked it up found that it is a term of endearment between lovers or parent to children in tamil language. There is also some songs called chellakutti.

Could it be that it was just a name the farmer used, like thats my special girl?

Thx chilli

ngakpa

Veteran
Hi angus
Could it be that it was just a name the farmer used, like thats my special girl?

Your guess is as good as mine

My default assumption when I hear names like this is that they probably don't correspond to a meaningfully distinct strain

It may just be from a distinct batch of ganja of the same basic regional landrace found in the Western Ghats, merely grown on different land by a different farmer

aliceklar

Just received some Syrian and Nanda Devi from RSC. Arrived within a week of order. Stoked to also find Rasoli and Kumaoni. So many landraces, so little time and space! FML :puppydoge

romanoweed

Musigny: how small were the Pots? do you have a photo, description so we can get some better Picture? This is good info!

:
Last season I grew 4 Mango Thai. These were from the reproduced MT seeds that were what was available last spring. Since then the current version is sourced directly from Thailand/Lao border region.

They got to me a bit late in my spring planting so I had to grow them in cloth pots as my garden spots were all filled. Very classic tropical sativa growth. lanky structure with typical stretch. They were slow to begin flowering compared to the other types I had growing except for a Columbian but by mid September were going good. Then flowering moved fairly fast. Maybe due to being in pots, I don't know for sure, but new pistil growth ceased in mid November and they were basically at their peak and done. I suppose they could have been left longer but at that point weather conditions would have started to degrade them.

Very fruit and citrus aromas like ripe mango, Large bracts and medium density flowers. The 4 plants were quite similar but did show variations from each other. The effect was clean feeling and deceptively strong. Bright and not tiring or sleep inducing. This is the textbook "sativa high". Not down at all. People very accustomed to heavy "indica" effects often complain this doesn't work for them as there is little to no body effect.

So for me, in this terroir, once flowering really started, it was only 8-10 weeks. No going till Christmas or January like is often discussed about Thai and other tropicals. However that could have been driven by being in pots with constricted roots and limited nutrients.

I now have some of the direct from Thailand seeds from the Fall release of MT from RSC. I'll be growing these this season.

harvestreaper

Veteran
dont think ive posted these in here,, apologies if i have,,from a few years back ,, 3 rsc varietys ,, guerrilla style uk
picture.php

nanda devi

picture.php

chitral

picture.php

mazar i shariff

musigny23

Musigny: how small were the Pots? do you have a photo, description so we can get some better Picture? This is good info!
:

Two were in 45 gallon smart pots, which is approximately 180 litres I think. Two were in smaller ones like 30 gallon. They were germinated in mid April because that's when the seeds arrived. I would have germinated 2 or 3 weeks earlier.

By chance, (I guess) all 4 starts were females. I did no pruning or training. I saw no signs of hermaphrodite issues.

I have some pics but I don't have time to locate and post now but I will.