What's new

Do Small Rootballs Always Mean Small Plant Harvest

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you believe that ONLY big rootballs can produce big plants? Like most old methods, the answer is not 100%.YES

I have grown plants using HPA and have gotten huge, highly efficient rootballs, but the plant size did not match up, at least compared to the relatively small rootballs I have routinely gotten for several years now.

IME, the key is to feed more often (at a lower EC), so that the roots do not need to get big searching for more food. In veg I flood every hour, mid vg-mid flower every 2 hours and during flower every 3 hours

Here's my recent harvest and her tiny rootball grown out of a 3" net pot

Single plant grown under an Amare P3 (300w led)

View attachment 432316 View attachment 432317

View attachment 432318 View attachment 432319

View attachment 432320

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some have commented elsewhere that this harvest was nothing special weight-wise

What they fail to see is not everyone has the need or space for big plants

Based on previous F & D experience using much bigger trays, I am confident that were I to simply up the size of the grow totes from 3 gallon to 5 that my system would grow considerably bigger plant/s, but it would require a much bigger rez and roughly doubling the amount of nutes, but...

I am not a daily smoker.

Just weighed without removing stems (and without weighing the trim) 68gms. Lets say 8 gms of branch= 60gms = 2.5ozs This yield will last me 6+ months

View attachment 433031 View attachment 433032

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
no

the most basic differential between "hydro" and true natural soil is the root space/size necessary to provide nutrients to above ground biomass

it was the basic benefit to hydro when it was being developed by NASA as a means to colonize space as water and soil are scarce up there and can be a commodity earth side as well

Latest posts

Latest posts