What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So this happened....

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Sorry no pic haha,

other than these.

Had my Bluelabs combo meter sitting on top of an inverted lid on the garbage can. well before I left the room for the night i actually turned the lid a bit to the side so there was some air exchange to the reservoir. not even sure if it makes any difference but just felt like it could help. Anyways the lid somehow slid into it, and the ph meter fell into the water and was submerged for a good solid 8 hours.

Sofa king brutal.

Well it was off when it fell in, and when I found it I immediately:

A) took out batteries without turning it on
AA) undid the screws in the back and opened it up
B) rinsed with tap water
C) put in a jar with 10 packets of silica and a hygrometer
D) it went down to 20% humidity
C) its been 24 hours. going to wait another 24 hours and then maybe test it out

Im thinking since nothing could absorb water since its all plastic and metal, and since nothing shorted since i never turned it on. it should be ok ?
Also the water it was submerged in was put blend pro grow 600 ppm total inc 200 ppm outta the tap
anyone have any experience with something like this

and secondly anyone have any experience with blue labs warranty. the manual said nothing about water damage voiding the warranty,
and it said nothing about "do not submerge in water" LOL. hoping it won't need to get to that....

picture.php
picture.php

starke

I don't have a clue if it will work or not...but you can bet I'll be checking back to see your outcome since weird shit like this seems to happen in my grows all the time. :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm thinking it'll be just fine.

I was playing around with a mini drone last winter & accidentally landed (crashed) it into a pot of boiling water on my wood stove. The lights continued blinking as I attempted to grab it & failed so I grabbed the remote & it jumped right back out of the pot!

Todays electronic devices are pretty resilient.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I have dropped in water or stock tanks and did not dry them out still worked fine. Only issues I have had with blue lab is that the probes muck up or crack when someone dropped them.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Bluelab does void the warranty if they are water damaged, it's the first thing they check. If it looks like it's ever been near water they'll void it, I imagine it has an indicator sticker on the inside as well (which you also can't get to without breaking the seal and voiding the warranty.)

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
OMFG! It works. So happy when I saw the display light up after i put the batteries in. Humidity Reading was 10% in the jar after 3 days so I decided to finally face the music this morning.

This thing is a beast, submerged for 8 hours! When I first took it out of the Res and removed the battery lid, a tonne of water gushed out onto the floor. I laughed and for sure thought its gonna be toast, no amount of optimism will do a damn thing.

Can't believe it. Il treat her real good from now on. That was close.

cheers and thanks for the emotional support as i went through this! ;)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Phew!

these kind of things make one want to :wallbash:

Glad to hear it went back to life!